IRACING iRacing Pictures & Skins

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Aug 25, 2011.

1. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    awesome!!!!!!!
    well done fellas..
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Its good when a race goes good right to the end. Hey Frank the honymoon continue on when you got home, haven't seen you on yet.
  3. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Honeymoon hey
    his missus has probably tied him to the bed. and make him, her MMMMM Slave!!!! :lol:
  4. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Howdy, would any of you blokes be interested in making me a raceonoz skin for the radical??

Cheers
    Tim
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey Bones / Frank - I tried opening up those v8SC Rockstar/Rooz .tga files so I can look like Bones & Niesh until (if or when) we get a dedicated ROOZ skin sorted. But all I get is one red line in the upper right quarter of the frame...... the rest is blank.

Perhaps there's some compression compatibility issue between Photoshop or whatever Frank uses on his MAC and GIMP on my PC? Is it worth trying an upload in another format? Native Photoshop or something....

@Timmo sorry I don't have the Radical so can't really make any skins for it ATM.
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

You get that koaster, just load it to trading paints as is with your number, then grab it from your Iracing folder and you will see it all as one layer, then you can do your changes. Then save it to a folder on your pc somewhere (not back in the iracing folder) and upload it again. I had the same thing and tried this and it worked fine, done it a few times and all good each time. Let me know how ya go and I'll wait and update trading paints when ya done.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks Bones. I got it sorted eventually using your suggestion.

Was quite a bit of fiddeling around though, the ones at the link don't have number plates... and without the wire frame layer it was tricky to place it.... so I copied the wire frame layer from the template.... then copied madcap's rear end from the fanta skin post to get the shapes... and used the same V8SC logo you've used around the number plate.

Figuring out how to do the outlined text was something new and took me a bit to get right too. But fairly easy in the end.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    That looks epic Koastr, stop posting this stuff! :lol:
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a snipit of the skin Nathan, i think i gan upload it straight to trading paints for you using your member number and it should then download to your skins file when you update the v8 supercar in the trading paints program. You will see it when you next drive the car after updating/ I Just need your Iracing member number now, you can get this from your Iracing account details page.
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Not sure i can upload it, i just did using my trading paits log in and your member number but it shows me as the driver. I will check when i get home and send you the file if it doesn't work, you can then got to the web site and upload it from your login. Then wait about 5 or 10 mins and update V8 supercar using the trading paints program. On way home now.
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Koastr he BASIL name you did didn't paste into the skin in my program with transparent background. I just did a double text to make it look shadowed for now, looks different but ok. I also did a front numberplate version of mine to test out. I'll send you the new skin with the new Pagnian logo's, you may have to upload it then save it to see it, but it be a good template to go off for all our skins and you can do the mirror changes seeing as my ancient program doesn't do a lot of stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks a little less clutterd than the previous version and got less RooZ and more pagnian.

[​IMG]
    Lots of cars with names on front now so testing the numberplate version to see how it looks.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Try this... Basil.tga for the front
    I put the red background in and cropped the image for you so it should copy paste on no probs now whatever you're using.

Also this is the picture I've used for the boot lid and under the headlights (over the team raceonoz)
    [​IMG]
    Looks a bit nicer when you plonk it on because it's already bordered so you could put that on the bonnet too instead of that one you have if you want.
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Done (edited pic in previous post) worked well, just had to srink a little. Can you send me the Next level logo you got there (black background), i will put it on our boots over that logo Neishy like so much.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool. Just right click the PAGNIAN picture in the post above and click save as.. that's the actual size (just found by google image search for pagnian imports)
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[​IMG]
    Night shot doing a spin @ Motegi
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Here's one from a practise session a few weeks back at Oulton Pk with Neish... Just came across it again in my library and thought it was a sweet shot.

[​IMG]
  18. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    even tho they are fords (YUK!!!) awesome pics.
  19. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

[​IMG]

Did a slight mod to my skin to better reflect race on Oz and my state in the late Saturday night races
  20. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    looks :cool: Bonus.