IRACING Getting an iRacing 2 League Started? - Ideas discussion

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by racerman13, Aug 26, 2011.

1. racerman13

racerman13 New Recruit

2. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    we would love to get one going but i need someone to set it up then i can go about recruiting, we already have about 8 guys who would prob do it
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey mate. Yea we're just getting into iRacing, and sure to have a few guys interested in League racing.
    This thread would be a good place for others to register interest and make suggestions.

Topic title changed to avoid confusion that this is discussion for getting a league started, not one that's already in place or about to be implemented.

I think multi-class style events would be a good option. Grids in iRacing are big enough to accomodate a range of driver skill level in one race without the need for separate divisional races. The multi-class aspect could be used to group similar skill levels or just accomodate users who haven't purchased all the same content. [EDIT - You need to have purchased all participating vehicles to join multi-make races]

I would love to see some racing in the Legends '54 Coupe on some road circuits. Just for fun, or as part of league racing.

While I'm here I'll let you know what additional content I have at the moment. Would prefer to start any league racing with what I've got already.

Cars
    • Mustang FR500S[/*]
    • Skip Barber[/*]

Tracks
    • Suzuka[/*]
    • Mid-Ohio[/*]
    • Virginia[/*]
    • Watkins Glen[/*]
  4. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Sounds good I am going to try to get in the game more this weekend and will work out how it all works. Was confused a week ago when I signed up to the pay for 1 month get 2 free deal.

Its a lot more technical as well :D
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey koaster you buy Watkins Glen twice, it that good?

Hey can start an Iracing driver list for starters.
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: Woops.. post edited.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    From PC sims/iRacing/Custom skin for ROOZ... topic

Maybe we would be best to piggy back on some existing events in the short term then. Get a handle on how it's done, then maybe consider launching our own.

We can still use this forum section to organize a 'ROOZ team' for whatever league so to speak, provide links to details and decide which league we want to run together, share tunes, and general event discussion. Similar to what TT-R has done in referencing the DUG site for the Sports car challenge Thursday league.

Being in WA though, weekend's (once GTLOZ S4 finishes) are best for me. Week-nights it's tough to get home in time without being super rushed, but I'd still consider having a run, especially on Wednesday's I get home a little bit earlier that day.
  8. racerman13

racerman13 New Recruit

I have the Skippy, and tbh I love it. It's a great car.

Cars: 1. Skip Barber

Tracks: 1. Mid-Ohio
    2. Suzuka

Have a decent amount of money to buy cars/tracks, selling some of my old video games...
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks Mad, a great help again. For the league thing i think we can use this site as our garage so to speak like 888 or fpr and do all our tunes skins etc and enter current league races as our team. Bit like TTR are doing, hopefully have some drivers up the top too.
  10. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Yeah, I was saying to Beau last night on TS that there are already a lot of good leagues out there to run in. So maybe just get together a few guys with skins and run in existing leagues may be the go at first?

I'll pm you about the skins KidCastro.
  11. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Interesting mad.
    What if we ere to put up a prize for our league? I'm not sure whether that wuld help but i would like to give it a crack.
  12. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Hmmm depends what the prize was that's the thing. To be honest I don't think many would still go for it, Most people on iRacing go to leagues for the racing quality, it can be a little hard for a new league to break in to that.

Here is a link to what is already running. Shows what official race leagues are running and also what hosted leagues are running. As you can see there is already a lot going on.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1513765.page
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Can we confirm numbers of ROOZ members on iRacing?

Just thinking we could start off with some randomn hosted sessions or a series maybe just with irregular, fortnightly, or monthly races, to be announced whenever for whenever is convenient as long as we know there's more than just three or four guys on ROOZ active in iRacing.

I'm thinking some Legends on Road circuits or MX-5's would be an awesome place to start, and to get new guys involved so they don't have to purchase a car to get started. Fixed setup perhaps too for the same reasons.

1. Me (KoAStR)---Dave Newman[/*]
    2. Beau261-------Beau Cubis[/*]
    3. OuttaAngst----Dustin Bartlett[/*]
    4. stonemonkey---Christopher Rigby[/*]
    5. Hart-----------James Hart[/*]
    6. Mad94d--------Madison Down[/*]
    7. Timmo_821-----Timothy Newman[/*]
    8. Bonus_888------Graeme Phyland (but call me Bones not graeme)[/*]
    9. Keggz----------Jesse Carrigg (just getting into it)[/*]
    10. tekNiqueAU----Paul Knapton (interested, but Sub lapsed & taking a break from iRacing)[/*]
    11. racerman13-----Brian ?[/*]
    12. Chevwah-------Nathan Evans (still at it?)[/*]
    13. KidCastro-------Justin Malek (stuck with it?)[/*]
    14. DarthDavis------Jesse Davis2 (you still at it?)[/*]
    15. Carn_the_pies---Trent Whelan (doesn't show up in driver search?)[/*]
    16. SNAKEiSM-------(soon to sign up)[/*]

CONFIRMED interest in Hosted League racing.
    UNCONFIRMED or yet or signup to iRacing

Anyone else to add to that list? (more there than I orginally thought actually :) )
    -EDIT- adding further drivers as posted

I don't care about a massive series or grids at the moment, it would just be good to race with you guys keeping it amongst ROOZ members, there's enough numbers there to get started if we all are keen.

Then maybe further down the track we can look at getting into other leagues with a ROOZ team. Go the whole hog with team skins and that....but let's cut our teeth and have some fun together on something less serious first.

Thoughts? :/
  14. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Sounds good. If you guys did a monthly "fun run" or something along the lines of that I could do it (night dependent) but I couldn't commit to another weekly league (doing 3 already).

Sounds good though.
  15. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

PC here soon, i know i said this before but it is ordered this time and nothing going to stop me now. be on this week or next.
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Why not just do a monthly Club meeting? Just like a real kart club or similar.
    Just get all club members together for some fun racing once a month like you's are suggesting, regardless of grid sizes.
    Pick a car like the mazda or skip. ALLOW tuning, for the purpose of learning, sharing and developing, just like clubs should do.
    After each club meeting, if someone come away with a little bit more knowledge, be it form driving, tuning or whatever, then that a win.
    These days are the perfect time to try new things, improve race craft, overtaking manoeuvre's etc, without someone cracking a wobbly about an accident.

Any week night would be doable for me.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's spot on what I was thinking Beau. ;)

EDIT - adding Street Stock on road circuit to possible options.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    If a few more of us confirm interest we can get a poll or something going for car/track combo and consider the first meet date....

So far it sounds like it's just me, Beau and Mad..... (maybe plus Bonus by next week)......wanna have at least 6 drivers I reckon, enough to warrant a leaderboard to record the race results :)

No hurry I guess but would be nice to get something established soonish.
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    TBH, I'm not interested in the street stocks or legends on road courses. also not overly fussed about a leaderboard.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I reckon having a Leaderboard will help us attract more participants, even if the races aren't all that serious.
    Having some kind of results recording makes it a bit more official so people want to attend regularly IMO.

Hosted Sessions run for 2hrs minimum I think. So even with a 30min race in there I don't think the race and 'leaderboard' side of things will detract from the club meet feel for sharing tunes etc.

The thing for me is, I might as well just join an official session with a couple of you guys (as we've been doing) instead of paying for hosted sessions if there isn't a few more guys keen on committing to something like this.