AC AC Weekly Fun Events!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by AJ.Scott, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Already on and keen to run :thumbsup:
  2. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    AJ's Race Report
    Well that was lots of fun :D
    The 1st event, Ferrari 599xx evo @ Blackwood, saw a nice turn out from the Rooz guys :) and with the server set to public, we had a few non Rooz guys join in and we ran our 1st AC full grid event :cool::D. As you can see times were tight at the front for the quicker guys :)
    [​IMG]
    12 Starters was always going to be a tight 1st turn, and apart from Tovey_4Saken and one of the public guys, it was a clean 1st turn for the rest of us. Infact it was a pretty clean race for most of us with only a few guys coming together, and there were some good battles going on from all accounts. I ended up sitting 7th for most the race, and had a few minor moments in the later laps which saw me back to 10th, Rotor took out the event, nice win mate :thumbsup: not sure of the exact final places. But the Rooz guys can stand proud in the knowledge we raced clean & fair :D:cool:.

2nd race was the P4/5 @ Monza, once again we had a good response and ended up with 10 starters 3-4 who were not Aussie, only problem here is a few of them had the idea it was cool to drive straight through the chicanes, as they were struggling to match Anon, Rotor and Tovey's times in the low 1:51's, I was floundering at the other end of the field, and just struggled to find any consistency or speed in the P4/5 setting a low 1:54 in qualy, some 3 seconds off the pace :(:whistling:.
    Race was amusing as some of the non Aussie contingent decided it would be fun to drive like total :):):):):):)s and start punting others off track, they ended up taking eachother out and leaving. Which was a good thing, saved us booting them, and apart from those few problems, it was another fun event.
    Cheers. :D
  3. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    That first event in the 599 at the Blackwood circuit was awesome fun! The feeling when going over the hill at the start/finish line you are consistently fighting the car from sliding to push the max from it! If you have too much turn on the wheel it steps out, but the smoother you are the less it does it! I only got about 10 mins practice then it was straight into qualifying... and for a first with my T500!!! I have to say the FFB is ten fold over GT... It really is!

For the second event I was struggling with this car... being a MR its doesn't suit my driving style... And not to mention Monza doesn't go well with me.. However somehow ended up with the win here aswell :)
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  4. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    REMINDER
    There's a link in the quoted post for downloads :thumbsup:
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Last night was fun for my first real crack at AC (as in more than just sampling the different cars and in aww at the graphics).

First race I got side swiped by someone at turn one. Totally wrecked..or that's what I thought. Turns out AC is more forgiving than what I'm used to (iRacing). Jumped out to go tweak some graphics setting etc, and came back for the second run.

Qualifying was ok, race turned to :):):):) at turn one again. Went from the top 3, to probably the bottom 3 avoiding the carnage.
    Picked my way back to third.....I think o_O All good fun though. The Sim feels totally foreign for me at the moment. I must need to tweak settings more because my FFB is lifeless.

Looking forward to next time. It's Bathurst time on iRacing in the V8 so that will take up most of my spare time this week.:)
    Anon666 and AJ.Scott like this.
  6. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    AU SERVER RESET!

Guys I have set the server to the C6.r @ Phillip Island in prep for Saturday :thumbsup:
  7. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    just FYI when i load the track AC crashes... :S
  8. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hhmmmm, not good mate, and just to make it worse there's only 2 pitboxes for Phillip and Sandown, which I totally overlooked when looking at the tracks for the series.
    So guy's should we drop the Phillip and Sandown events to the bottom of the list, or replace them :unsure:.
    Thoughts please everyone???
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Guys I have dropped Phillip Island for tonight, and put Imola up in its place with the C6.r, server is public, no P/W
    I'll be on in 30min, if anyone is keen.
    Cheers
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Probably the best idea AJ. Will be on in a tic.
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  11. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Found this on RD, may help you're problem Rotor :thumbsup:

If the game is crashing. Check the AC installation folder/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini for the following line:
    WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=1 change the 1 to a 0

Cheers
    R0T0R-AU86 likes this.
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    If anyone is interested I have the Ferrari 599xx evo @ mugello on the server.

Cheers
    KoAStR likes this.
  13. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    I checked this, its already at 0 :\
  14. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hi All,
    Sorry for my absence this week - it's been one of those weeks.

Can I just confirm where we are racing this Saturday night?

I'm hoping to get a bit of practice in tonight at some point as I'm feeling a bit rusty (haven't touched any sim racing since last Saturday night) :cry:

I also tried verifying my AC files from Steam (regarding my saved replay files) and no joy. Still can't get them to work... :(
  15. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    OoOOoOoOoOoOOOoo

Assetto Corsa
    11 hrs ·
    Hello AC followers,
    important updates and news about Assetto Corsa 1.0 incoming next week. Thanks for your patience and passion, stay tuned.
    AJ.Scott and DoogleDave like this.
  16. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    That sucks, wonder why it won't run Phillip.:confused: Ive never had an issue with any track, touch wood:D hopefully Tovey's Phillip version will fix the problem for you:thumbsup:

All good Dave, you haven't missed anything, and due to the phillip Isl issue we are going to drop it for now till Tovey's release is done, so we will be on Oran park for tomorrow nights event, 1.02 to 1.04's should be the order of the day time wise, I did some laps the other night and pulled low 1.05's. I'll be on for some practise myself, so I'll catch ya then :thumbsup:

:eek: :inlove: :D:thumbsup: Fecking Awesome, thanks for posting Rotor :thumbsup:

Cheers
  17. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    REMINDER
    Chev Corvette C6R Oz series
    Runs from 27th Sept to 8th Nov.
    Tracks:
    Longford 67, Sat 27th Sept. 1x 22 laps Run and won Gratz ROTOR
    Oran park, Sat 4th Oct. 2 x 14 laps Run & Won Gratz Anon666
    Philip Island, Sat 11th Oct. 2 x 12 laps POSTPONED till further notice.
    Sandown, Sat 18th Oct. 1 x 22 laps
    Eastern Creek, Sat 25th Oct. 2 x 12 laps
    Albert Park, Sat 1st Nov. 2 x 12 laps
    Bathurst, (Enduro) Sat 8th Nov. 1 x 30 laps (cut lunch & waterbag required :roflmao: :thumbsup:)

Gates open 5:30Pm Wst - 7:30Pm Est (This will go to :):):):) when daylight savings kicks in again :cautious: :thumbsdown:)
    Practise 6:30pm wst - 8:30pm est = 20min
    Qualifying 6:50pm wst - 8:50 est = 10min
    Race start 7pm wst - 9pm est
    Car and track download links can be found here http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-general-discussion.579/page-16#post-55809
    Individual and team skins welcome :D just provide you're skin and you're Steam 64ID# and we're good to go :thumbsup:.

Cheers all
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  18. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Server is up!
    Practise Session
    Corvette C6.R@Oran park
    60min Prac
    10min Qual
    5lap Race

Cheers
    DoogleDave likes this.
  19. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    I'll be cutting some laps in a while if anyone's keen :D...... down to a 1:04.2 and there's more yet.
  20. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Not sure if I'll be on tonight - I'll see how I feel a bit later on but at the moment my body's saying go to bed LOL.

In any event I might not make it to the race tomorrow night as it looks like we're going to the movies to see Annabelle so if I'm back in time I'll jump on as soon as we get back home - I think it starts at 7.15pm.
    AJ.Scott likes this.