DRIVE CLUB

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by colin-50_, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Was gonna say, how do I download the free version through the app so it's ready to go at home.
  2. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    gamespot gave this 5/10 - looks good but boring to play and handling so-so.. how do you guys rate it ?
  3. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    From the time i've spent with it (little over an hour) 7/10
    Look's amazing.
    30fps buttery smooth even with 11 other cars on track.
    Handling is 100% arcade, if your looking for a sim then this is not for you.
    Bit on the easy side early on but heard the AI is meant to get harder as you progress.
    No weather, replay's or photo mode at the moment, will be added in patch at later date.
    Multiplayer isn't working for a lot of people at the moment so can't comment on that.
    Getting used to playing with a controller all over again :mad: won't someone think of us Logitech wheel owners.
    webnomad likes this.
  4. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    What's the go? There is bundles that I can't purchase as it says I'm already a member (WTF?!) or I can buy it for $57. Can anyone tell me what's going on?
  5. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    They are having all sorts of server issues Ads. Probably the cause of your problems. For those wanting to play the free version, they are holding back the release until the load on the servers has been fixed.

There is a fairly comprehensive thread over on the Whirlpool forums if you want to keep up-to-date.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2113199&p=58#r1155
    Ad2mny likes this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

You guys without wheels are not missing much the T500 has no wheel weight/ resistance at all feels very crap, plus have now options to fiddle with does not help only option is feedback strength and wheel assist
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lol free version it is
    webnomad, Peter Wise and Ad2mny like this.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I wouldn't use a wheel for this anyway, same as I wouldn't for NFS.
  9. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!
  10. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    That guy is a moron...sounds like someone set their expectation levels too high!
  11. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    With all the server issues I see that Drive Club is being called Drive Alone! Demo still not live, not sure I will even bother. Boy did they make a mess of this.
    webnomad likes this.
  12. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Why this got delayed for a year, I don't know, isn't this why people do beta testing (test servers, etc)?
  13. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, they advertising driveclub during Bathurst, wonder if they should put a disclaimer in about network connectivity may prevent actual gameplay, lol
    garyw61 and Ad2mny like this.
  14. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    HI ..I got it and played it over the weekend... joined pat's club :) .... servers are a total joke... the game is fun if you treat is as what it is... arcade focused racer with nice backgrounds ... it seems progressive as you move along... with some variability as to the handling that comes across more across cars from different classes as opposed to in-class... looks pretty... but I fnid the lack of real courses highly disappointing... overall...unless they massively DLC it ...it looks like it will have a limited lifespan...
  15. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I played this at a mates place over the weekend and thought it was pretty good.
    It isn't trying to be anything but an arcade racer; things get a bit argy-bargy sometimes but it's all part of the fun. Good graphics, good sense of speed, and in the higher levels a good challenge. Shame about the online being broken though.

I got myself a PS4 on the weekend and picked up a copy of this too. Will wait until the servers are running properly before getting into it.

Any plans for ROoZ clubs?
    6 person limit on club members doesn't make sense to me.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Still no demo?
  17. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    no demo yet
  18. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    Anyone have a club I can join?
  19. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've created a club, the 'ROOZ Rebels' if anyone wants to join. Let me know and I'll invite you...if the servers work haha.

I'm actually loving this game. The AI being so aggressive and driving as if you aren't there is actually making it quite challenging on some courses. It looks sublime, the sounds aren't too bad at all and the range of vehicles is quite large considering they are European only. Definitely worth my $57! :)
    Drifting is easy and so much fun too, never looked forward to hairpin bends so much during a game before!
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Casually drifting to global number one...
    [​IMG]