Division 3 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Oblisc

Oblisc Rookie

I have a basketball final tonight so its out for me. I will be looking to get on each night for a little while from Wed onwards. Ill be on around 8:30pm EST.
    stucar17 and WAC like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Alright guys,

Just 4 days and the chaos will start.......A couple of things have been mentioned in all the rooms after the meet and greet....To tire regs are now up in the OP. Both Race Soft and Race Hard to be used. Start the race on the tire you qualify on, and you may only run 1 stint on the soft tire. Obviously minimum of 1 pit stop. PIT LANE WILL BE CLOSED DURING QUAL AND THE ROOM HOST/CAPTAIN will ask everyone to check you have the right tires before you leave the pits.

1. TRACK LIMITS : This is very clear in our rules and regs. YOU MUST KEEP AT LEAST 2 WHEELS ON OR INSIDE THE RIPPLE STRIPS AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so will result in a drive through penalty where there is an obvious advantage gained over other drivers. USE YOUR BRAINS !!
    [​IMG]
    Going off track at COPSE and STOWE continually or intentionally to gain advantage will incur a drive through. Running off a few times will be viewed as a mistake, more than that is cheating ! Room captains have been asked to monitor this.

DRIVING STANDARDS : Yes i know i have said this before, but with big grids and close packs PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU GET IT WRONG, or if you take out another driver....everyone knows what we mean by this. It works both ways, dont hit anyone and take advantage to pass, and likewise, dont close the door on someone if they have the line. Simple ;)

Stu
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sounds good Stu.
    Will be on about 8-30 Qld time tonight
  4. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Very quiet in the division room threads with the introduction of teams now.
  5. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I think also because season hasn't started. Wait for tomorrow ;)
    WAC likes this.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Very quiet yet your five pages in and the season hasn't started yet.
    Crunch likes this.
  7. WAC

PSN ID
    I would say we are not going to see Dominator tonight...has not logged on for 35 days.
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Who's going to be fighting for the wooden spoon with me here? looks like a very quick bunch of guys in Div3 this season :thumbsup:
  9. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I'll be there for sure!
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys, Good luck tonight.....gotta love the start of the season.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ROUND 1 GENERALLY THROWS UP SOME CURVE BALLS AND ISSUES SO PLEASE TRY TO BE PATIENT WITH NEW DRIVERS / MEMBERS WHO ARE FINDING THEIR FEET. WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE. ;) All rooms have nominated room captains and i will leave it to their discretion on how long they wait / adjust / or fiddle to get everyone in the room. First night "generally" sees us about 15 mins behind to sort any issues so again please try to be patient. Drivers with connection issues also need to be aware that only a certain amount of time can be allocated before the race needs to start....please be aware of this. ALSO, before qual do a check on how many people everyone can see, some guys may need to do a reset, if you decide to start with some guys not seeing one another it does give a different perspective if there are race incidents to sort through

I hope everyone understands the rules on tires.......When the room resets for Qualifying you must be on the tires you want to qual and start the race on. PIT LANE IS CLOSED during qualy. You can only run 1 stint on the soft tire, minimum of one stop to run both compounds. If room captains can explain this before the room is set that would be good.

If you have an issue in the race, PLEASE PM ME AND THE ROOM CAPTAINS to get it sorted. Dont rant on the forum. Save your replay and check all views before you "blow up" about something. Let the mod team deal with any issues in a professional and ordered manner and penalties will be handed out where required.

I hope you have all seen my posts on 'CUTTING" and "CONTACT". A reminder though, if you constantly cut corners (2 wheels must remain on at least the ripple strips) you will be penalized in the form of a drive through penalty (approx 30 secs added to your race time - exact time will be worked out if needed) or excluded from the race results. Also, if you make contact to another car and push them off line gaining a position you MUST REDRESS or you will also face a drive through. Contact works BOTH WAYS though, so if you run wide, or make an error with a car behind you please be mindful of them, but equally, using the car in front as a rail in a kamakazi move doesnt go down well and you will likely be on the end of a protest.....Also be carefull when rejoining the track after an off track excursion. Returning to the track without looking can and has ruined others races.....

THE GENERAL PASSING RULE IS "IF YOU HAVE YOUR CAR MORE THAN A THIRD ALONG SIDE YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE THE INSIDE LINE OUT OF THE CORNER, THE CAR ON THE OUTSIDE SHOULD YIELD" all of us need to use our brains on this and "race" smart.

Really hope you all enjoy the season guys, remember its fun, its not brain surgery, and if things get a little tense just think of BJ to get everything back in perspective......

Cheers stu
    WAC and pykeybraa145 like this.
  11. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    any word from oblisc?We are not starting at midnight or not having a no show so if nobody heres from oblisc from around 7:45 vic i will open the room up if oblisc hasnt got it so we can sort out stuff/issues etc and start on time well attempt to.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Oblisc was able to host as far as i am aware.......he should be here tonight.....
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    bugger, night 1 always is a bit of an effort so if you can get on early and try to sort through it would be good......even if you set up a "public' prac room before so any drivers that you dont have can add each other, do a full reset (turn off / on playstation) then should be all good for the 8:15 start.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  14. WAC

PSN ID
    I'll be on in about 40 mins and will set a room just for a early lobby meeting point
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  15. flashfirst

flashfirst Rookie

PSN ID
    flashfirst
    Oblisc can u send me an friends request plz buddy I sent u 1 not sure if u got it tho
  16. TasTim2

TasTim2 Rookie

PSN ID
    TasTim2
    I try to get in but keep saying' room full" good way to start S5 .
  17. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    As requested:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Thanks mate, the finishing position in my screen were off. Hopefully we won't see more dsc and issues joining the room, I reckon it was a good first round.
  19. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Rebooting the router helps, PD always makes it hard the first round.
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams