Division 3 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    He had great pace, his hard tires stint was very quick. Well done.
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Oh yeah! :D Now that's what I'm talking about! I had an absolutely perfect race.

Qualifying wasn't great, 4th out of 5 soft starters. After some practice here I knew I didn't have outright pace, so I focused on being smooth and consistent. I slowly worked my way up to second. I eventually took the lead after @Whiteracer52 was struggling with worn softs. I pitted for hard compounds soon after and remained in the lead for the rest of the race. @AOCleaner74 was closing on me on his soft tires, but I knew that if I stayed ahead of him for long enough, his tires would fade towards the end. And so they did.

A real shame Whiteracer had made a pit error, otherwise he would have been at the pointy end for sure.

I'm not particularly looking forward to Tokyo, always one of my weaker tracks, but I'm sure it will be another awesome race!
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    stucar17, Ad2mny, SPL Racing and 2 others like this.
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    He did well. Whiteracer had the lead early as far
    He did well. Not sure what happened to Whiteracer early on ( I was on hards at that point ) but Brian was the only guy to come out ahead of me after their first pit stop. I lost 5 secs in the pits by not pressing the OK button when I should have, but Brian won by 7 secs so it would not have made a difference to the final result.
    Look forward to his race report:)
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Nice race last night fella's.
    Regarding Whiteracers wrong tyre selection - You probably lost the will to continue but (mods need to confirm this?) i would
    have thought you may have recovered the situation by pitting the next lap and changed to the correct tyres. You were clearly
    faster than anybody else so would have got some descent points.
    To my team mate - should have let you thru as i left the pits - did not realise you were so close and when i did realise it got abit messy causing me to spin. This could have been the difference of keeping AO abit further back but he drove a great race just like Byran.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have the lap times?
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    They are in a previous post emmo, everything is in there I believe.

Edit: they are not there, will send them to your email emmo.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    who got FL?

Also I am going to give DSC 14th 2pts to @TasTim2 as he tried to get into the room
    @emmo46
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Whiteracer: 1:57.469
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok but...
    tastim was getting an error but was on time.
    being late i believe only counts as DNS
    emmo46 likes this.
  11. anarkie14

anarkie14 New Recruit

PSN ID
    anarkie14
    Tastim can confirm that I was there on time. I spent an hour looking for the server but it just wasn't showing up on my screen. I could see div 1,5 and 7 but no div 3
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok np then
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    OK, I'll give tastim and Anarkie equal points for 14th.
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :( I actually intended to race but had no NBN connection.
  15. anarkie14

anarkie14 New Recruit

PSN ID
    anarkie14
    Thankyou. Not really sure why I couldn't find the server. But it was pretty annoying.
  16. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I will vouch for anarkie, he sent me a message saying he could not find it before quali started
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm convinced. ;)
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  18. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    For my first Div 3 race I was so happy to get 2nd in the end.
    I had decided early that I was always going to start on the hards. Didn't get a clean lap doing a 2.01.4 in quali, but it was enough to put me fastest of the hard runners in 6th. Got a clean start, could have taken a spot in the first tight left but thought it better to race hard later on.
    Did consistant 2.01 for the first 10 laps with a 2.01.1 as my fastest, dropped off in the 2.02 for the remainder of my 13 laps on hards. At that point I was 24 secs behind the leader. Went into the pits, decided to put in 65 ltr and softs, but forgot to press the ok button! Came out 38 secs behind Bryan in 5th!
    Caught up to flood sim and TtrJoe after 5 laps. They were having a great battle and I went down the inside under brakes at the tight left hander after the first few corners. Had great traction coming out of there so I was able to dispose of them in one go. Took another few laps to catch WTF and got past him second last lap thankfully, as the last lap my tyres were shot!
    In all it was a great first race in div 3. Congrats to Bryan on his win. Might have been a different race had Whiteracer not have dramas, but that's racing. Look forward to the rest of the season:thumbsup:
    REVO_Bryan, Ad2mny and S_CLOSE like this.
  19. TasTim2

TasTim2 Rookie

PSN ID
    TasTim2
    Got all of yous on friends list now. Trying to get back online but I keep dropping out. My upnp is not avabile but got nat type 2. Upnp was always avabile till i reset the wifi after sunday night problems. Any ideas as I cant get my computer to fire up to fix it?
  20. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Have you tried to access the your router's settings page through a web browser? Usually this is the router's IP address. If you don't have a computer at hand, you might want to try using a tablet or smartphone. Inside the settings there should be an option to turn on UPnP.