Turn Left Racing - season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by t_b_williams, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Hopefully I can make it tomorrow night, have a BIG day of work on. Have posted a my fastest lap to TB for people to upload so they have an idea of the line and braking points.
    If i do make it tomorrow, you won't get much out of me. But happy to do a photo shoot.
  2. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Have dinner at friends tomorrow night, sorry guys.
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    So will we be doing team meeting this week
  4. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Sorry fellas, I'm another no show tonight. Another nightshift tonight. Also won't be able to make the race on Sunday either.
  5. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    will be a tough show tonight but hopefully will get a few drivers on tonight after the update
    LiamBevBeauKon likes this.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yes @v8power383 team meet is on tonight. Want to get as many as we can on and practicing/having fun. VC, you mind hosting. You'll most likely get on before I do.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  7. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I will host my trust captain
    LiamBevBeauKon and t_b_williams like this.
  8. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Ummm.... I can't see no room.
  9. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    feel free to open one Jim. Not far from setting up myself.
  10. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    I was doing an english essay my update is at 90% someone else feel free to open a room up
  11. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    crap. forgot about the update. Only just started it. Sorry boys. Will cya when I get there.
  12. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    interesting experience with the photo last night team... keen to see the output :)
  13. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    will get onto that shortly. Got distracted my the mini seasonal last night.
  14. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Place holder team pic is in the OP. Will revisit it again when we get a bigger turn out to a team session. Also guys, can we all make sure we have everyone in the team on our friends list please.
    Mister_Bond_747 likes this.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Good luck all TLRians. Hope everyone has a great race tonight and pulls in some good points for the team. Go hard but remain consistent.
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Predictably I finished at the back end of Div 1 again. Some damn quick and talented guys there. Spun at the end of lap one getting on the throttle too early and sealed my fate. Caught and passed one, so didn't finish last which is a bonus.
  17. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Was provisional pole then had to make a new room. Qualified :):):):) because I was blocked then someone was sitting on the racing line and i hit him because I had nowhere to go. Got held up all race, had top 3 pace but couldnt get near there. Tyres :):):):)ed was losing ground to cars in front and people behind caught me. Tried to go in the pits and I slid a bit then i plowed into the wall and got a drive through. Then went in pits a second time and put wrong tyres on. Had to pit a 3rd time to get the correct tyres. Was 40 secs behind then i spun so i kept going now i have just parked it
  18. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Started from the second row and held 3rd place for most of the first stint, 1st pitted around lap 10, then next pitted on lap 12, I had the lead and held out till lap 13 to pit. Came back out behind both again and the "hard" starters, slowly caught back up as my hard tyre pace was superior to almost all, had a little incident and speared into a wall lost around 2 seconds, made my way through the people struggling on worn hards to the front and held on for a big win!!!
  19. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Nice work Jim. Hell yeah, hit the Joker on the head two weeks in a row!! Max points!
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Qualifying was perfect, I surprised even myself with a 1:35.6 to take pole position. I had a good start, but trying to stay in front, while trying to save tires as well as avoiding the walls all at once took its toll and mistakes started creeping in. I dropped to 3rd. However, I managed to regain 2nd after going side by side at the main straight, through the kink (!) and late braking into Turn 1. That was a true heart-in-mouth moment!

Like the last race, I rapidly caught the leader as he struggled on his tires. Then I made a critical error by speeding at the pit entry, thus copping a ten-second penalty. That put me all the way back into a net 5th.

On the hard compounds, I settled into a good rhythm and started to catch the train forming behind 2nd. I had no real chance of passing any of them though. Except on the last lap, a tried to slingshot out of the long, parabola-like turn, and managed a pass to take 4th. So a bit of damage limitation in what was a somewhat disappointing race.

I can't wait to race at the next round, Spa-Francorchamps, one of my favorite tracks.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Mister_Bond_747 and JonoStan96 like this.