Division 3 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys...couple of things....

1. I have adjusted the race distance back to 31 laps. 34 was a little long and having it at 31 means its close to 50 mins.

2. After doing a few prac races last night, this will be a bloody tough round, and the walls dont give much room if anybody ballses something up.....The kink in the front straight is tough (almost impossible actually) to get past through side by side so i am going to adopt a policy of "the car in front has the line" through there (like the chase at Bathurst). This will be a defining factor if i need to look at any protests at that part of the track. There is a much greater chance here of rear ending the car in front given brake markers are hidden due to the nature of the street circuit.....please drive with that in mind and watch for the concertina effect at turn 1 on the opening lap, dive bombing will end in tears....likewise if you bounce off a wall be careful rejoining and watch how much you defend against a closing car.

Cheers Stu
  2. dominator94

dominator94 New Recruit

PSN ID
    dominator_12_94
    hey guys. sorry i missed the race on sunday night. i got a new ps3 to fix the problem i was having with my old one and i have only just managed to transfer data to my new one. so im in for the rest of the season now. hope i didnt miss too much
    WAC, stucar17 and S_CLOSE like this.
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Good to see you back Dominator.
    As for Tokyo - i'm considering pulling out of this race (sorry HTO) can't see anything good coming out of it.
    The small race i did last night with about 8 people proved what i thought would happen(i know the lag that someone had
    caused the first problem) but if you are just slightly out of the groove into most of these corners your into the barriers which will then effect anybody behind you.If anybody gets a run on the guy in front then that will force that person wide into the next corner so same result. Not the type of racing that i enjoy.
    Goodluck.
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  4. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Suck it up Joe, we need you in that race ;)
  5. WAC

PSN ID
    lol yes i know it's abit soft but i like close racing not force the other guy into he wall to get pass.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    CMON Joe.........stick on that horse mate !:p:D

Is certainly a tough track.....once in the groove i find it ok.......slow, but ok !
    I still think it will give some cracking racing with the different tire strats.
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  7. anarkie14

anarkie14 New Recruit

PSN ID
    anarkie14
    I've just been practicing and practicing. Not necessarily trying to get a good lap time, but rather just trying to be smooth and consistent. with minimal wall contact. I can average a 1:39 - 1:40 pretty consistently
    stucar17 likes this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP Updated with points table
    [​IMG]
  9. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Alright tonight is Tokyo and its a tight, fast track with minimal passing opportunities. We in div 3 now I expect a certain level of driving maturity and driving smarts on a track like this. I'm referring to passing someone at a corner which is very hard to near impossible without an accident. Also to backing off a touch earlier to accommodate for the draft and not pushing the driver in front out of place. I know 90% of the drivers in this division and I know how hard I can race them but thats not the point. There will be incidents probably its inevitable but lets do the best we can to drive smart and make it a clean enjoyable race.
    LiamBevBeauKon, REVO_Bryan and WAC like this.
  10. WAC

PSN ID
    Well spoken Pykey.
    Soft or not I was going to make this my drop round but unfortunately I can't race on the 22nd because of work commitments so need to attend out of respect of my team.
    @WTF Man....what ever tyre strag your on I will go opposite so I'm not in your way.
    Good luck all
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  11. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Great race tonight guys. Bad luck for Bryan who obviously went into the pits too quick ( I was right behind you ) also bad luck to Floodsim after your little spin coming onto the straight, it looked like it was going to be a tight battle between us. Well done to Serge after fighting off Flood the last few laps to hang onto second!
  12. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Was provisional pole then had to make a new room. Qualified :):):):) because I was blocked then someone was sitting on the racing line and i hit him because I had nowhere to go. Got held up all race, had top 3 pace but couldnt get near there. Tyres :):):):)ed was losing ground to cars in front and people behind caught me. Tried to go in the pits and I slid a bit then i plowed into the wall and got a drive through. Then went in pits a second time and put wrong tyres on. Had to pit a 3rd time to get the correct tyres. Was 40 secs behind then i spun so i kept going now i have just parked it
    Ad2mny likes this.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Sorry about your night Pykey, quali was called off in the first lap as the host and myself could only see each other, PD showing its ugly face.
    As for myself, qualified 4th and was running third for the first stop. Went in behind Flood and Bryan but hit the wall and ended up parked sideways ahhhhh. Got it going and for some reason came out in front of Bryan, glitch?
    Came out and overtook funz and and dominator and was third behind flood. He then had a moment in the last corner and I took second. Stayed there until the end, really managing my tires, as I drove them too hard in the first stint and lost time on the lap before pitting.
    Pretty happy with the result, don't know if I would have got the chance to challenge AO without going sideways into pits. Bryan and AO are the quickest from Div3 no doubt.
    Really looking forward to Spa, probably my favourite track.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Ad2mny, JonoStan96 and AOCleaner74 like this.
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Just checked the replay and no issues with tyres use, well done boys.
    @FloodSim , your tyre management was impressive, always better than AO and myself who chewed them just the same, great driving.
    FloodSim and AOCleaner74 like this.
  15. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Not sure how he was on on the hards at the end if the stint, or myself either as I had no readout on my screen! ( prob a good thing so I couldn't see how bad my tyres were apart from feel ) But on softs he was in a completely different planet! Bryan was pretty damn good on his tyres also. Going to be a long tight championship this one;)
    If anybody can help me with looking after the tyres it would be appreciated!:D
    FloodSim likes this.
  16. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Starting Grid:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  17. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Was an awesome lap by Bryan in quali, couldn't get into rythem myself but was happy to start on the front row
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Do you remember his time in quali?
  19. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    It was 35.6 something...
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  20. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Congrats to @AOCleaner74 for his first Division 3 win, even more so considering he suffered the missing HUD glitch! :thumbsup:

Qualifying was perfect, I surprised even myself with a 1:35.6 to take pole position. I had a good start, but trying to stay ahead of AO, while trying to save tires as well as avoiding the walls all at once took its toll and mistakes started creeping in. First AO went past, then @X-WTF_MAN-X . However, I managed to get side by side with WTF at the main straight, through the kink (!) and got past at turn one. That was a true heart-in-mouth moment!

As we reached the end of the soft stint, AO was really starting to struggle with his tires, but I couldn't find a way past. As we both headed into the pits, I made a critical error by speeding at the entry, thus copping a ten-second penalty. That put me all the way back into a net 5th.

On the hard compounds, I settled into a good rhythm and started to catch the train forming behind @S_CLOSE. I had no real chance of passing any of them though. Except on the last lap, a tried to slingshot out of the long, parabola-like turn, and managed to pass @Funz. So a bit of damage limitation in what was a somewhat disappointing race.

I can't wait to race at the next round, Spa-Francorchamps, one of my favorite tracks.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Ad2mny, AOCleaner74 and S_CLOSE like this.