IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

not sure if you have signed up yet or not beannie but found this link for 3 months for the price of 1. Hopefully it is still active

http://www.iracing.com/grand-am/
  2. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    na not yet - still pondering..

i'll probably consider it maybe towards the end of GT5 S10, and have a trial for a bit in the "off season"
  3. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg[/video]
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: good call Timmo (bacardi and cola!)
  5. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Wow... Having primarily been a console gamer all my gaming years I'm blown away by the realism and immersion of IR! Only been racing for around 6 weeks... Got my class D license and still working my way through the grades. Have taken the Ford v8 Supercar for a spin around Oran Park a few times - mindblowing!
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Add some of the active guys on the list and join team speak,
    Address : ts36.gameservers.com:9432
    Password : None (yet),
    It makes it easy to find us and join some practice sessions, we got Oran park in the v8's this week so you can join practice sessions and we sort of got a setup for the V8 we can share with ya.
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Awesome. Look forward to mixing it up with you soon :)
  8. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Wow its great to finally start getting something really happening on the iRacing side of ROOZ, welcome Brett. I'm pretty sure I've been on the track with you already.

I've got another day off today, I'll be on all day in between moving my car to my bros house to get it ready to strip, exciting!
  9. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Hope to see you all on the track soon!
  10. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
  11. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Thanks Beau. The Clubman Cup seems like a good starting point!
  12. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

So I had my first 'public lobby' V8 Supercar race tonight... 40 laps around Oran Park ... With no tune and an Xbox controller!! Lol ... Qualified 14th I think with a 1.08.8xx ... A field of 25 and managed to keep it clean and finish 5th! Stoked! I know if I'm going to compete with the best I will need some real equipment! ... But just testing the waters for the moment ;)
  13. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good job Never......the Aussie tracks are certainly something that gets me thinking about testing the waters.....Then reality sets in !
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    On'ya Never! WD especially lacking in the equipment department!
    Look forward to seeing you at the next clubman cub round. Defo a good starting point, as was Beau's intentions I believe! ;) That's another Div 1'er from Season 2 in the mix. Sweet times.

Jump in Teamspeak and the boys will be able to give you some tunes. I'll be on during the week and have a couple of reasonably well progressed, but still WIP tunes for Zandvoort already.
  15. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I like the iRacing but life has me time poor at the moment, I hope to get into it more in the future may be a winter seasonal pursuit for me.
  16. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    lol i was in your race brett i think you wouldve seen me into the wall at T1 i was fuming
  17. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Stu, you gotta give it a go mate! It's the most fun & immersive experience I have had in 30yrs of gaming! The only drawback is you need loads of TIME, something most of us don't have!

Enforcer - Bad luck mate, you got off the line well and had all 24 v8's in your rear view! I actually watched the replay back and went onboard and watched you put it in the wall! :/
  18. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

You now understand why it is so hard to go back to GT5 after tasting iRacing?
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    cThe skippy has really benefited from the tyre and steering model updates this year.

I had a ball in it yesterday, feel like I can push it to the limit a bit more during a race without being quite so knife edged. In fact my race FL was about a tenth faster than my qual lap (which I was fairly pleased with).

Had a fantastic race with this guy Brett McBurnie. Finished 0.5s behind. Put a few looks in for a pass but in the end had to settle for second. Pity it wasn't official, just one driver short. Mid Ohio Short (or sport?) is a great little course for this car IMO. Challenging but very fun.
  20. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    heheheee good for you dave i think im finally coming to grips with the v8 just got a 1:36.8 in practice then go straight to qually and go faster by 1 tenth and a halfgiving me a time of 1:36.705 so im over the moon LOL