Division 1 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Pretty disastrous race but I knew it was going to play out that way with no practice during week. And beers the whole day leading up. Sorry alpha for hitting hitting u/ holding u up.
    Alfa5252 likes this.
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    so close again, but once again Rotor was too good, well done mate, really impressive stuff.

Provisional Results.
    [​IMG]
    13th TRL-holl01 (1:34.311)
    [​IMG]
    Both @GTP_DHolland and @Alfa5252 used a 2nd set of softs during the race. Alfa's fastest lap on 2nd set of soft is withdrawn and his fastest lap on 1st set was 1:34.349

What 0.048 looks like :)
    [​IMG]
  3. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Awesome stuff tonight guys. I wish I could have done a little better but a mistake from me at the start put an end to that. Thanks to Razor for some awesome racing for the last few laps. :thumbsup:
    Big congratulations to Rotor for another win, you and warrior must be having some fantastic racing at the front judging from these extremely small differences at the finish!
    JonoStan96 and razor4797 like this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

It shows me on RM but I don't even have a set of mediums for this car?
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Alfas time on the 1st set (1:34.349) was faster than his overall FL (1:34 .680)??? How can that be??
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    It's getting very, very annoying to be only performing well in Community races and saving up all my brain fades and just overall mediocrity for the league races. 2 back to back embarrassing performances, Jamie must want to put my head under a guillotine by now.

It seems I'm only quick for a lap or two, then I fade away into the depths of understeer and slow pace. Start was decent but it seemed Fastboy forgot his braking marker, as he smacked into me and I somehow avoided taking Pringles out. TB outbroke me into the long right hander, but spun at the penultimate corner. I tried putting Pringles under pressure, but a recovering Nicko passed me at exactly the wrong place and gave Pringles the gap he needed. As the tyres degraded, so did my skill, and I spent much of the race spinning, bouncing off walls and cursing loudly.

To make matters worse, I received a stop go penalty, and ashamedly, I was lapped exiting the pits. This killed any chances of catching tb as I couldn't pass Rotor and Warrior without interfering their battle. Once Warrior clouted the wall at the double left hander, I took a deep breath and passed him, with ease, but I was launched off the kerb and by miracle I didn't wreck warrior's race. I'd be forced to leave the country if he crashed into me, I would have felt absoulutely terrible.

And that was it really. I slowed to let Mustafur pass, and it truly demonstrated the bizarre difference in grip, as I, driving without a care in the world, was still able to keep up with him before I decided crashing into walls was more fun.

The torture didn't finish for me after Rotor and Warrior ended their colossal battle, so I took my anger out on Beau's car, because why not? A bit of light relief was needed after another catastrophic performance. Well done Rotor on an epic win.

The timing of Spa couldn't be any worse, as despite it being my best track on the list by a country mile, it's on the same day as the Bathurst 12 hour, so once again, double commitments for me, @Beau_Albert and @MINT_GTR! I'm just hoping to be even half as successful at Spa the last time we raced there, but no massive car advantage this time so a win would be some sort of miracle involving some religious figure visiting the Earth, ridding the world of hunger, disease and anarchy. There's more of a chance of that happening than me scoring a podium, what am I on about? I'm just hoping not to dive further into the pit of the ROOZ Hall of Shame that I've made my home in the last 1 and a half seasons.

Cheers, Jono.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    he means 35, Nicko had the fastest Lap at 1:34.727.
    Alfa5252 and emmo46 like this.
  8. Benjamin J Smith

Yer sorry about that jono, being right behind everyone can't see the metre boards, plus the screen paused just as it happened.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What about Dan's 1:34.311, does that count and if not what was his legal time?
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Just for the records, who was on pole?
  11. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    [​IMG]

Pole goes to Warrior by .051 of a second... lol I felt I had to pay warrior back and take the win instead! :p
    Peter Wise, emmo46 and SuiCid3 like this.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Not legal, after the first round of Pitstops Nickos time stood and Dan used Softs in first stint and last so it would be invalid.
  13. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    :notworthy:
    That's ridiculously fast :alien:
  14. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    I think that was meant to be 1:35.349 @emmo46
    Alfa5252 likes this.
  15. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    ignore that part, my replays have always been buggy with gt6 after the 1st stop.

Just to correct my mistakes
    TRL_holl01 1st set 1:35.341 2nd set 1:34.842
    alfa5252 1st set 1:35.349 2nd set 1:34.680
    Alfa5252 and emmo46 like this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Warrior.:thumbsup:
  17. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Wow, what a crazy race!!!!

Again I thought a win was out of my reach and then everything just fell into my lap, however of course I had to work for it! :)

The hole race was pretty insane!! Where to start with this one???

Qualifying…. I managed a 1:34.585 which was just shy of Warriors pole lap by .051 of a second! I was pretty happy with that, and pretty happy to keep Mustafur behind me because I knew he had some speed here…

This hole race I knew it was going to be about tyre management and keep the car off the walls, as soon as you touch a wall you lose a lot of time!
    The start of the race I got off to a good start, kept Mustafur behind me, and kept Warrior at arm’s length. A few laps in was right on Warrior’s bumper for then dropped back to around 1 second from a small few mistakes, and then I touched the wall… Mustafur got past and started to pull a gap and started to catch Warrior, I had to do something and I really didn’t want to push and just wanted to look after my tyres… I thought stuff it, I was about 2.2 seconds down and started to put some good lap times in, Warrior and Mustafur started battling and I was gaining! Before I knew It I had retake my 2nd place and had Warrior in my sights and got on his bumper, we were like this until the pits stops! I came in early on lap 13 to try and get a undercut working like last week.. I had a feeling the pits where the devil and I washed off a heap of speed going into the pits. Mustafur was right behind me, and coming out of the pits he wasn’t! The pit devil caught him!!!! :oops: I couldn’t believe it, I was happy it caught him but also not.. I wanted a close finish, but also took some pressure off me a little bit!

At the end of lap 14 Warrior was in the pits, here it was, the moment of truth to whether or not my undercut worked… Coming down the straight I could see him coming out of the pits, bugger it didn’t work, however I had warm and he had cold tyres, I need to put some pressure on! Into T1 I had about 80kph more than Warrior and he did the biggest defensive move, I giggled… It was really well done!
    I was in behind him, and I was keeping the pressure on I could see very small mistakes happening from Warrior I was thinking omg… his human and reacts under pressure! Hehe :p On lap 16 I had a run on him into T1, I made a move however side by side Warrior retook the lead, until the Fast S’s going down and up the hill, Warrior made big mistake, going wide and touched the wall! I got in the lead!

From here I just had to manage the gap, we came into the tail fight of Mister Bond, Beau Albert, and Fastboy.. They were all fighting for position and on the lead lap, I could make this work to my advantage and pull a further gap being on fresh tyres! I was able to get past Beau pretty easy then just into the middle between Fastboy and Mister Bond, I went past Fastboy on the outside, and yep… without a doubt, he turned INTO ME! :mad: You did this last race as well, you lost the spot give it up you don’t need to hit people. Stop doing it!

Any ways, then got past Mister Bond.. Warrior was held up a touch and I was able to keep the lead and had 1.6 seconds in up my sleeve and another 10 laps to go.. Dan was coming at both of us at a rate of knots on his second set of softs, and drove up the inside of me then before pushing me into the wall o_O… After this the Warrior kept closing the gap, I was able to keep in front and the attacking Warrior despite for a win was trying to find any way past!

I was trying everything to keep Warrior at bay, just kept placing the car in all the right spots and it worked! So stoked for the second win, and an extended lead in the championship :)

Fantastic race, Thanks again Warrior great drive as always, and well done to Mustafur for rounding out the podium, a bit of a shame you couldn't be there at the end with us :)
  18. Benjamin J Smith

Don't worry bud won't be there anymore to affect your racing
  19. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    lol don't be a sook!
  20. Mister_Bond_747

Mister_Bond_747 Rookie

PSN ID
    TURN_LEFT_RACING Mister_Bond_747
    Wow, what a race.

Congrats to the podium. Rotor, amazing win, having better luck with the pit crew this season.;)
    Well done Warrior, so close again! And Mustafur for 3rd. You guys had some cracking pace here. No idea how your finding that extra second.

My pace wasn't good here so opted for the Hard compound. Qualied just behind Bobo again(well done mate) starting 8th.
    Had a run on Bobo into T1 and took position under brakes but he snuck back up the inside. That was about as interesting as it got for another 16 laps. I was managing my tyres well so clawed my way back to Beau and Fastboy and got past them both just before pit stops. Felt great until I entered the pits end lap 17, the car slammed back behind Bobo and crept agonizingly slow passed anyone who was pitting at the time. I think I lost 15 seconds in the pits in the end. This was a real shame as I was having a great ding-dong with Beau :(

Out of the pits and on a charge now against Pringles who passed me while I was serving my time, lap after lap, reeling him in. After catching him, a battle of nerves ensued and we traded best sector times. I couldn't quite make the move down the main straight stick, so I decided to wait for his tyres to go off. And around lap 29, I saw the signs. His tyres said 'no more left turning please' on lap 29 so leading representative of TLR came through into 6th. (great racing @Pringles_947)

Enjoying this series although I'm down on pace. Happy with 2nd in Div1b and fastest lap by a bees dick.
    See you guys at Spa, away through the week so with limited practice, I think you will have the upper hand @Beau_Albert.
    Its going to be a battle to the death in Div1b.:p