AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Thanks for the link AJ....i thought you had to be a member of racedpt to access the track downloads.
  2. Pete

Pete Rookie

Sounds like a cool idea. Both the team work thing and the single make of car and open wheelers.
    Just my 2c on the handicapping, what ever happens it would have to be simple. Even to the point of not doing it, the team work thing might add enough anyway.
    But one thing that might be interesting is to swap grid spots with your team mate after qualifying. Essentially you qualify for your team mate (it goes against the keep it simple thing :) ). So it might mix things up enough.
    AJ.Scott, Cyber_STIG_77 and KoAStR like this.
  3. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

my team mate will hate me then lol
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I like that idea of team mate qual spot swapping @Pete! Like you said, it keeps it simple, and unlike a reverse grid, doesn't temp sandbagging quali...
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Damn have to go out for dinner... hopefully someone is still around in an hour.... if not long weekend coming up yeew!
  6. Driftoz

sorry ozzy and i just jumped off the server. it was rather quiet 3-4 people max i guess cause of the download content needed
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That P1... wow.... that P1... :eek: Did some laps in the Alfa 4C around nord then jumped into the P1....

First time ever in the car and managed to keep it on track *just* :cautious: for two laps around Nord tourist, both sub-gold times for the Forbidden Record special event challenge... testament to the feel in this game to be able to hammer that first time out in a car like this. Being quite familiar with the track obviously has a fair bit to do with it too. :p

The fidelity of the laser scanned track really brings the simulation of this car to life. It's got so much grip a flat track would be a doddle, but with a little bit of float in the suspension at high speed, it's the bumps and crests where you really have to manage the car and your speed. Then DRS on for the straight! :cool: Impressed. :thumbsup:
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  8. WAC

PSN ID
    I love that P1.....have tried a few times to complete a fast lap and i just keep getting seduced into really high speeds when
    i should be backing off a bit. many attempts...many fails...very addictive :)
  9. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    @Pete the swapping of grid spots with your team mate was a consideration of mine and I was going to add it to the format for some of the races. In all honesty I think the "KEEP IT SIMPLE" idea will win out in the end.
  10. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Nah mate, you only need to be a payed member to race in their leagues, you should be able to download all the mods & tracks, RD is pretty much the hub for AC content.
  11. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Looks like my racing days might be over for a while :( i move into the new house friday and my ip said they don't do adsl2 in my area so thought alright i'll look up nbn if i have to change ip might as well look and as if some bad joke they have fixed line or wireless around every side street but not the street i brought into :eek: with no future plans anytime soon dafq area did i buy into? :confused:
    I can find other providers that have adsl2 in my street but really bad plans 70-120 and most limited or peak times 50gb-1000gb? :unsure:
    or providers i've never heard of iprimus,spintel,iinet,Blisstel uggghhh what? :confused: telstra are out of the question locked 24 month contract and 70-72 for 50gb plus upfront cost of 400????????????? :eek: evil :devilish: found an alright optus plan but what are they like with net? i know they freaking suck for phone service and hidden billing fees.But has anyone had constant problems drop out's so on and how quick are they to fix problems?
  12. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    Hey Tovey, I'm with Optus, there not too bad Ive had a few issues but it's more to do with my line being 25+yrs old and the fact the net is so congested at my local exchange. Ive had no hidden fee's and their phone service has been fine for me, I'm on the $110 a mth plan which is unlimited and has Fetch Tv, but I get 25% discount for having 3 mbls on contract with them, so my net is $85 P/M. Optus aren't bad for service, might be better in the East. The only other company I would look at is iinet, was with them for about 6 yrs they were a good ISP.
    Hope you get it sorted soon mate, nothing worse than a crappy internet service.
  13. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    That's another worry i have aswell this house was built in the 70's but had a reno done but i just hope the lines have had work as well apparently it used to be a very low income area untill city people started shift down.
    Not being the city i'm not used to such limited choice I have a mobile with optus and switched it off for 4 months and was getting billed for sms call and net usage that i never used sneaky buggers were adding 2-5 bucks here and there and i caught them out :roflmao:

This plan is 24 month contract at $100 a month and a free 6 month sub to netflix which i don't need pretty sure with no phone either,don't really need/want 1 nothing but telemarketer's :roflmao: for comparison i'm on dodo with unlimited no peak times and 24 tech service for $40 a month and 1.2mbs download always.
    might have a look at iinet either way looks like i'm going to have to sweet talk the mrs to get the same net at a much higher cost eeepp :confused: Cheers for the help mate :thumbsup:

anyone heard of engin? $50 a month "super fast" they say and no contract or setup fee could try it out if it's crap just change ip
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    No probs Toves :thumbsup:, hope you get some joy soon mate;).
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Hey Tovey, you haven't heard of iinet before? They're the 2nd biggest isp in Aus.....
    At the end of the day most isp's are just renting space in the local exchanges from telstra so all the line issues will occur no matter which isp you are with. IMO choosing an isp for their support level is an oxymoron as far as I'm concerned. None of them have great support. And as you are competent on the PC you can likely fix most issues yourself unless they are line issues., which would need a telstra tech to fix.

You can go to adsl2exchanges.com and run a detailed search to your property which shows you an estimated line length along with expected available speeds and attenuation from the exchange to your house. It should also give you a list of isp's available in that exchange as not all isp's are in every exchange. In our exchange we dont have access to optus.

If internode are an option to you they are worth consideration. I have been with them for years and never anissue other than my sub par line quality which has nothing to do with any isp. It is likely that iinet will be consuming internode soon but from reports I've heard thatsnot necessarily a bad thing.

I may be in a similar boat soon as we have our house up for sale and are on the lookout for a new house - hopefully this time MUCH closer to the exchange....
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  16. WAC

PSN ID
    I can just imagine trying to convince my wife about where to buy a house based on how close it is to an exchange! lol
    Peter Wise, Tovey_4saken and AJ.Scott like this.
  17. Driftoz

the first thing id look at is the internet for the area before i ever move haha dont think i could ever go with anything less than cable
  18. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've used iiNet and they were pretty good.
    I'm with Telstra now as I've got FTTH...it was either them or Internode and Internode were terrible!!
    Plus, Telstra just gave me an extra 300GB per month, so now I get 500GB :D
    AJ.Scott likes this.
  19. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Cheers mate i'll have a dig around and see what i can gather up hopefully can get something cooking for an alright price :thumbsup: didn't even think about net and all that jazz when i was buying as i was blinded by the big shed and glass green house :roflmao: and best of luck for the sale and hunting :thumbsup: good time for it :)

EDIT: well only 3 for my new address TPG spintel or escapenet and odd thing says telstra doesn't even have adsl2+ there just adsl but these 3 do so that's confusing?

this is what it say's
    You are 2501 m from MLON as the crow flies.(Exchange)
    Estimated cable length of 3126.25 m.
    Estimated speed of 6000
    Zone 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  20. Driftoz

haha yeah same i got an extra 500gig so i now have 1TB data on 100mb cable
    leeboy910 likes this.