PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    would be great to see some of those out takes, Imo what happens after you end up in the wall is very important part of a sim ;)
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    The tyre flying through the air was pretty cool
    Ryzza5 likes this.
  3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Turn 1 got me a couple of times, just where that little bump is. If the revs are too high (i.e. I forgot to shift up just before it), I'd spin into the right wall, which would give it a bit of a dent and I'd bounce back and possibly get cleaned up.

Stages of damage (consecutive and.or one hard hit) were generally aero damage, suspension damage (steering wheel hard-over) or loss of a wheel (which practically forces you to hit Pause > Restart). I'll see what I've got to play with.
  4. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    this guy is a pretty bad driver but it gives a good look at what happens when you over do it ! very punishing.
  5. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

slaptrain is more of a forza drifter than anything lol
  6. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Just don't tell her
  7. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Chuck a Thrustmaster logo on your Logi now and it'll make the transition more subtle
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Multiplayer Trailer

PS4 Gameplay
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  9. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  10. Driftoz

half way through watching that now lol i seen vid of gamermuscle playing the atom v8 on nurgburgring the other day and made me want to jump on and play i forgot how much fun it was even with the bad FFB on the old 841 build lol
  11. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Nürburgring Helmet Cam

Le Mans Helmet Cam

12. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I've spent the last couple of evenings driving this title. In my opinion, it will never be the "go to" Sim title. Atleast not on the PC anyway. I can see it being successful on the consoles however.

As a sim racer that began with Gran Turismo, have spent years on iRacing, and countless ours on every other reputable PC based sim (Rfactor 2, AC, LFS, GSC) I can confidently say, the physics are "not good", if your looking for a real "Sim" experience. GT5 is better, put it that way.

The sounds are nothing spectacular like people are saying either.

The graphics are beautiful, but you need a Kickass system to run them high without the world worse input lag. I'm running 2x r9 290's in crossfire and can't come close to running setting at max.

The one thing I'm most impressed with is the weather, and how graphically optimised it is. I thought for sure after watching some of the youtube vid out there that the weather would eat FPS like nothing...But it's surprisingly impressive. Unfortunately, the wet weather driving is dumbed down way too much, very arcade actually.
    KoAStR likes this.
  13. Driftoz

im suprised you cant run it at max with your cards, even with an old build i can run stuff on high on triple screen and get about 60fps with my single gtx980
  14. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Usually depends on AA setting and detailed grass, although nVidia just checked in a fix to reduce the impact of the grass setting on its cards.
  15. Driftoz

i just made a 12min vid on almost max settings with 30 cars and weather and was getting between 30-50fps on my single GTX980. will edit and upload soon.
    WAC and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  16. ocat1979

ocat1979 New Recruit

Don't forget to add you are playing the 841 "leaked build"
  17. ocat1979

ocat1979 New Recruit

Can you elaborate on why they are "not good" and how GT5 is better. It's a big statement
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  18. Driftoz

yeah the comment i made before i said i was using an old build.
  19. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Sure. Well I haven't played GT5 in a very long time so, maybe they are on par with each other. Both very "One size fits all", Lots of different cars to build physics models for, not enough detail and differences between the cars. Too forgiving, especially in the wet conditions. Catering for Wheel users and Gamepad users. All the characteristics of a "Driving Game" tailored to suite people from all walks of life. Not a hardcore "Sim" basically.
    Some of the poor feedback I'm getting, is also worsened by gimmick graphical features like, shaky virtual steering wheel and hands, which cannot be switched off, and the god awful transmission/driveline flex feature they have implemented. Which makes the F1 car shift like a complete Donkey I must say.
    zampli likes this.
  20. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I'm able to run around 75-100 fps on reasonably high settings, but it's not without awful amount of input lag. I can eliminate the input lag by turning down allot of the graphics setting, which also cranks my FPS up nice and high.

Compare that to Assetto Corsa, where (with only one card) I can run everything maxed, minus shadow blur and a few reflection settings, and run a solid 75fps in thick traffic all day long with 0 visual input lag.

pCars was never any good using AMD cards in the beginning, favouring Nvidia cards, and I suspect that it's still the same.
    Hence I'm optimistic this title will be pretty good for consoles, once they have optimised the graphics to suite.

Hopefully WMD and SMS will endeavour to optimise the game for AMD users before the final release.
    KoAStR likes this.