PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    As per the very first post this will be probably be the first of many events and therefore a bit like a trial run, can we try to start it this week? I don't know if I can handle over a week and half of public online races and I think we have had enough time to somewhat get up to speed and even if we are a bit mixed up speed wise as its the first one doesit really matter???

Also given it looks like Friday is the preferred night (insert relevant geek references/jokes) any chance of pushing the start time back to say 21.00 so we can get home get over the working week etc instead of racing to get back and starting at 20.00. I know it is an assumption but being a non school night most might not have to get up as early on a weekend as they would a week day, so staying up later not as much of an issue.
    Giant slayer likes this.
  2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    We must also consider our drivers from NZ, who are 2 hrs ahead of us. I would consider maybe a half hour later but only if the NZ drivers agreed.
  3. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Good idea.
    How do you set this up i haven't seen this before .(a good way the solve issues )
  4. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    @Killercarlcox69 I use a capture device that saves recordings to my pc. Spicifically the hauppauge hd60. The elgato is also a good one. The advantage is i can record however much i want. Instead of the ps4's petty 15min recording time.
    Once i have recorded what i want, it's just a simple task of editing in a video program, rendering it and then uploading to youtube.

For a potential highlights vid. I would need people to record their own footage and post to youtube. I would need people to give me permision in the video description allowing me to use it. I would then record/download their videos to my pc. Compile and edit them down into one vid. Then boom! One badass video has been made.
  5. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I have the technology to record but I will do it after the race from the replay. I don't like the drop in output quality required by the hauppage and have experienced 'black screens' while racing. I will send you the link once it's done.
    Noxrai likes this.
  6. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    So you have the ps4 hooked up to your pc thru hdmi cable ?
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Nice, yeah. I used to do that on PS3 with an AVerMedia.
    Ad2mny and Noxrai like this.
  8. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I haven't had those problems you mentioned on mine.

That'll be great
  9. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    No i put the hdmi through the capture device and then you send it through to the pc
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  10. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88

I will reserve myself, mainly due to the event dates not being sorted yet and I can't do weekends, having issues finding a pedal filter for Fanatec CSR with G27 pedals, and not keen on running on the pad, its awful,

But I'd be happy to use the Ginetta, I seem to be able to make that move well, providing there are no objections,
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Not at all. You can put a time in if you want but if you wanna wait for your adapter before you qualify that's fine. I'm hoping to get the t300 soon but will use the pad for now, I enjoy this game that much lol.
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
  12. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    Time??? I must have missed something?

EDIT: found, will get onto that ASAP,

Also, Tuesdays and Fridays work best for me,

And can we drop Monza for Dubai GP?
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  13. RedeemerX2

RedeemerX2 New Recruit

PSN ID
    RedeemerX2
    Hey im keen to race but i can't see what day it is on. I'll drive a MP4-12c as first choice or Z4 as 2nd.
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    There has been a vote going for the last few days and it looks like it's going to be Friday nights starting this Friday coming.

Redeemer get your time trial done at Bathurst (and TDZ) and let me know your time so we sort you into a room.

Not changing any circuits at this late stage.
  15. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Will update the OP with new drivers tomorrow.
  16. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Did you ask the place where you bought the wheel if they know where you can get your hands on one :cautious:
    If not Hopefully this will help mate ;) if not you're on your own :whistling:
    http://www.basherboards.com/PF1
  17. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    I am going to try practice event tonight 20.00 AEST (tues 26 May) at Nurbergring GP. Exact same settings as league. If interested in joining send me a PSN friend invite with a message.

PSN: SirNige
    Noxrai likes this.
  18. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yep im in Nige
  19. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    okay i've gone into time trial in single player jumped into a 12C GT3 #60 i think... loaded it up my best lap so far is 2:14.152 am i doing the right thing here
  20. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yeah mate you can fiddle with the car settings too if you feel it's lacking somewhere. Just a comfortable time so I know where to place you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.