PCARS GT3 Challenge

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ad2mny, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Being a Friday its not as bad starting a little later but if we start practice at 8pm your time and start quali at or around 8:30 I'll be happy,
  2. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

So starts this Friday yea? Can't wait. Will be on for done practice tonight.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  3. RedeemerX2

RedeemerX2 New Recruit

PSN ID
    RedeemerX2
    i'll do it tonight.
  4. TDZdave

TDZdave Team Driver

PSN ID
    TDZ-4-12-14-88
    Bathurst Lap time was 2.12.733 in the Ginetta, so much time left on track on a DS4, took the Ruf out and did a 2.11 something, jumped on iRacing and did a 2.05 in the Ruf, needed an ego boost :p

I'll take the barely sponsored CARBON#97 Ginnetta, providing that's still ok given my dreadful time, though I wont mind coming dead last in a car that I adore,

Also, anyone I need to add to my friends list for this?
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Add me, and your time is fine for class b.
    TDZdave likes this.
  6. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I will go wherever there is a free spot also by 8pm is that eastern australian time
    psn:cowdoesfly
  7. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Yep Sydney time.

Please introduce yourself formally to the forum here - http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/new-members.7/

Then get me your lap time for a Bathurst time trial in whatever car you choose. Please use a different livery to those already chosen. All the details are on page 1 of this thread (OP)
  8. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Good little race tonight lads. Great to finally get an online race in without people driving stupidly no real incidents bar my little lockup. See y'all Friday.
  9. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Can anyone help out with some info on the fanatec wheels? In the market come tax time just hunting info.
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
  11. Sir Nige

Sir Nige Rookie

PSN ID
    SirNige
    Yep solid hit out.

From a logistics point of view no real dramas, connection good no lag issues, I had a fair amount of noise/echo through the headset and mic not sure about others.

All up it took about 1hr 20 mins. Note that in practice there is no 20 min option either 15 or 30 mins, so will need to adjust that unless you run two practice sessions at 10 mins each if you want 20 mins practice.

We also set qual to 15 mins, it could get hectic with full grids and traffic with 10 mins so might be worth considering increasing.

The time was set for noon and the month was June, the month makes a major difference to sun angle and shadow and the default at nurbergring is pretty bad with shadows in braking areas no matter what time of day so that worth noting for however sets up lobby's

We had 6 racers, pole a 1.58.4 and fastest lap a high 1.57

Also the M3 is well of the pace and a real handicap, it might be worth letting those with it having the option to change. It is like putting alonso in a mclaren no matter how diplomatic they will be about it being ok they aren't going to win shxt......
  12. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  13. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Good fun tonight lads, had a good scrap with ragoo for a few laps, very close with no contact, awesome stuff, did anyone get the total race time? my replay had it at 36 mins although admittedly I didn't watch the whole thing so I don't know if it records the entire race, I say this because usually our league races are about 45 mins duration, also on a worrying note was 3 laps out I kept getting called into the pits which I assumed was because I was starting to run out of fuel so I short shifted and got home without having to pit, but when the race results came up it had me Dq'd, the only issue I had in the race was missing the final chicane and I got a time penalty as a result, so that was sorted, I didn't jump the start, I didn't hit anyone so why the Dq?
  14. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Great info thanks!!

OP updated to 15min practice, 15min qualifier.
    Regarding the m3, I've said it before, the cars will have different advantages at different tracks, so even if they do struggle at Nurburgring gp they will most certainly shine elswhere.

I will have a look at the time settings but I think we'll all be in the same boat so it should be fine. I will have a look though. Did you set the weather slots? That will most certainly affect the shadows too.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That has to be some kind of glitch, that's absurd.

I have seen footage on youtube of people having laps invalidated for leaving the track despite being in the middle of the race track. Not sure if it could apply here but it's strange indeed.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    You get 3 cut track penalties before you are penalised harshly, which may result in a drive through or a dq. It counts over the whole event, practice quali and race, so if you did it 2 times already in prac-quali then again in race it may have caused it?
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Do we want the races longer?
  18. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
  19. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Yes
  20. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I dunno, if you add up the total time of a gt6 league race ( if there is no network problems and every body turns up on time, HA HA HA HA HA, now THATS funny) should be about an hour, so with 15 practice, 15 qual, plus the race itself we'd be just over the hour, so either way if people want the 45 min race that's ok if not I'm ok either way, it's probably ok as it is, as it seems to be a bit harder work than gt6, but it's only the first race, we can always tweak the setup as we learn more.
    And also Ads as my initial livery and number was jumped on by someone else, I'll change the Aston to the Frowdex #55.
    Cheers
    Killercarlcox69 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.