Division 4 season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    whoops! I will fix and you will see the change next round
    SPL Racing likes this.
  2. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-

Yeah, all's good mate, was just having a shot at meself for lol's. Not trying to get dropped a div or anything. I don't mind losing, I was brought up on a diet of concrete .;)
    Cant believe (well I can actually) how bad I went .could not find me groove at all. Must have been my0.00 alcohol level. Won't make that mistake again
    SPL Racing, Stumbles and Watto64 like this.
  3. Watto64

Watto64 Rookie

0.00 alcohol level, what the hell were you thinking??? o_O
  4. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Slow and steady wins the race my a$$!!

When I saw 28's in practice I knew I was in trouble. My best so far had been a low 30 so I thought I'll get as much practice as I can to try get my times down, which worked to a certain extent, getting into the low 29's but still not anywhere near good enough. Running off the track end of turn 1 every time I checked my lap time was doing my head in, needing 4 corners to clean the tyres and the rest of the lap just to start a timed lap etc etc... Quali I didn't look at the times and managed a dismal 2nd last.

The lights went green and I slipped back to last. For the next few laps I played tag with arakasi's bumper trying to find a way past (sorry mate), and only making passes as people fell off the track. Somehow found my way up to 8th at one stage but the guys that should have been there were always harassing. Had some little battles with CAB and Konnor but once they got past the only way I caught them again was as they ran off track. Pitted start of lap 14 and after all the stops was back in 8th. Konnor started gaining on me again and a couple of mistakes saw him beside me in the fast rights in the forest. Instead of defending my position I was too busy trying to leave room and ended up running wide having a large spin and dropping to 12th. My bottom lip protruded and quivered knowing there was no way I was going to get back where I was, and a couple of silly mistakes sealed my fate. In the end I only just avoided being lapped and caught up in g1bby's exuberant handbrake finish (!) to trundle home in 4th last. My consistency nearly had me at mid pack as many pushed too hard to get nowhere. If not for my mistake I'd have been moderately chuffed with my result considering my pace. Oh well, on to midfield.

Well done g1bby and podium!
    arakasi-, Tanktex, garyw61 and 5 others like this.
  5. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    @garyw61 g'day mate, just got a couple of new guy questions .
    Could you clarify how quali works, Is it 3 laps including your out lap? And what time of day are the room settings at?
    cheers, scotty
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    The qualification is timed at 10 mins by the room host. The track time is default.
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    arakasi- likes this.
  9. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
  10. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    @Hatfield, I will be off on a cruise next week, so won't be able to make the 14th and 21st races. Are you good for these dates to host?
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    should be. I try not to be late, but it is dependent on the kids.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @arakasi- has been moved to Div 5 to balance numbers a little
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I didn't know mid-season division shuffles were possible! What happens to his points and the tables? do we just move him to div 5 on the table and let him keep the points scored in div4?
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    He starts fresh in Div 5 with round 1 being his dropped round, It wouldn't normally happen but he has only 2 points towards the Div 4 title so nothing to lose really and he may get some more action in Div 5 instead of running around at the back of Div 4 for the rest of the season. He is new to the game and may well improve to the point he will be moving back up the Divs.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I may be running a bit late to get the room up tonight sorry
  16. garyw61

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I can host tonight Hat, but will miss the next 2 rounds
  17. G1bby3lit3

G1bby3lit3 Rookie

PSN ID
    G1bby3lit3
    I hate to inform you but i may miss this round due to family commitments
    Have fun,
    P.S will this be my drop round?
  18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cheers for letting us know Gibby (and giving someone else a chance to win, lol).

You can use this as your drop round if you wish.
  19. G1bby3lit3

G1bby3lit3 Rookie

PSN ID
    G1bby3lit3
    I wish to elect this round as my drop round.
    Stumbles likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol I messaged that I was coming...in the wrong division thread!!

Anyway thanks for waiting guys.

Qualified 4th and got a good start this time to beat @Stumbles to turn 1 and then had a little dice with
    @Konnor McCluskey and took 2nd a few corners later.
    Then it was a long game of chasing @CAB77 who definitely had pace over me but only just.
    The slipstream kept me in contention until I lost it but then Cab started making little mistakes on worn rubber and I got past on about lap 13.
    Cab pitted on 14 and I on 15 and he just beat me to the first corner but made an error to let me by that lap.
    Then I watched the gap steady at about a second until cab dropped off.
    Cruised home for the win and noticed cab had been taken by @Adronaught as well.
    Well done sick on that sub 10 laptime wow