Division 4 season 6

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, May 2, 2015.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    well my kids are jumping around still so I am not sure...hopefully @Konnor McCluskey will get a room open soonish

Also if I am running late and you guys can wait, then I would appreciate it
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am opening in 5mins
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well done guys, great racing again (pity I never saw any of it... not liking the rain).
    Pinoy got pole with a 1:29.155.
    Finishing positions...
    [​IMG]

Fastest Laps...
    [​IMG]
    SuiCid3, Tanktex, emmo46 and 3 others like this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Holy crap that suuuuuuuuuuucked!!

For the first time in my ROOZ career, I seriously considered pulling to the side and sitting it out. Instead, I thought happy thoughts, put my fast and furious mindset on, and drifted the wheels off the LFA. My best lap was nearly 3 seconds off the fastest lap, and that was on a clean lap where I stayed on circuit. The race up front looked great, almost all the little blue arrows nose to tail. I didn't pit but still only just avoided getting lapped. Bluexr8 fell back towards me at the end raising my hopes but I still only managed a solid last.

Oh well, onwards...
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Didn't like my pace in the rain but it wasn't all bad.
    Qualified 6th with a PB 29 something. Didn't hit a 29 all race and no stopped for 6th...had an issue on lap 8 just before last corner when a random left my screen froze for about 5 secs and stiff went from behind to in front of me.
    However the gap to the next position is about double that so it really makes no difference.
    Ad2mny and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  7. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I'm pretty happy with my result tonight. I decided to gamble on a no stopper and I managed to stick close enough to the lead pack over the first half of the race to make it work. The last 5 laps were a bit sketchy tip toeing around with adro and Mario closing fast. I closed right up on Gibby and had a podium finish I my sights but Mario passed me on the last lap. Was running low 1:30's on new tyres but was maintaining low 31's on my old worn tyres and didn't leave the track once.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    to elaborate on the race...

Got a normal but not what I would call a good start and slotted in early at turn 1-2. Kept on turning laps as people found their way past until early on under brakes before the hairpin I was in a 90 degree slide...luckily it ghosted and pulled up on track so I didn't lose too much ground. From here on in I kept the (slow) pace and watched as half to 3/4 of the field pitted. Then I just tried to hold on but the faster guys caught back up and put me behind easily.
    Without the little one wheel off's and the slide and game freeze, I 'may' have had a couple extra positions but 6th is a good outcome for this round.
  9. G1bby3lit3

G1bby3lit3 Rookie

PSN ID
    G1bby3lit3
    After starting in 10th, i had decided to try something radical, a risky no stop. Climbing my way through the field up into about 6th by the end of the first few laps. I was happy. Circulated around following the top pack.
    Then everyone but SPL, Hat and I pitted. this is when i took lead of the race, which i was over the moon about after starting 10th. I slowly drew out a nice 15 second lead coming into the last 8-10 laps. But a lap after i missed my braking point into turn 1 and lost about 8 seconds. All good still, but frustrated with myself. The next lap i screwed up the hairpin and almost went right round. SPL was now within a second of me, starting to get worried.
    As the lap counter ticked up, all i had to do was keep it straight and on the tarmac, but could i do that? No, i ended up spinning again at the hair pin letting Adronaught past for the lead. In the last lap i was defending from my own team mate, Pinoy (sorry if i spelt it wrong) On the final chicane and corner he had a cheeky little look, on the limit of grip, i tried to defend, he went around the outside, but it fortunaltey failed. A good race, Good Job guys and thanks for having me :)
  10. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    The 'rain' race...lol! I studied this track real hard for grip all week...that and an optimum brake bias setting. Ended up using 2 on the front and 3 on the rear end to get it hangin' out a bit. Qalified 3rd behind pinoy350 and blueXR8...well done for pole time pinoy!
    I held 3rd from the start, survived first few corners and settled into a nice rhythm...seemed to gap the main pack by running with pinoy and blue, then I think pinoy had a half spin at the hair pin, allowing blue and myself by. Squeezed passed blue on lap 11 (I think) and thought "right! steady, easy...stay on the black stuff!"
    Pitted at the end of lap 15, around 4.5 secs in front, but my pit entry was shabby and I was overly cautious to avoid a penalty. blueXR8 was the only other driver I saw pit...it seemed everyone else stayed out.
    Popped out in 8th in clear space and settled in, waiting for the rest of the field to pit...on lap 20 I realised that G1bby3lit3, SPL Racing and DRZ-Hatfield weren't going to pit and put my head down roughly 23 secs in arrears. The time wasn't coming in the splits and I started thinking what a bold and master stroke of genius to 'not' pit. "Head down adronaught!"
    Lap 24-25 saw the split times starting to tumble and I realised the leaders tyres were 'finally' falling off the cliff. I caught and passed Hatfield on lap 27, SPL on lap 28, and G1bby on lap 29 when he spun at the hairpin. Told myself to "calm the f#*k down!" and kept it on the track for my first win in ROOZ.
    Kudos to G1bby, SPL and Hatfield for toughing it out on old tyres...a plan so crazy it almost worked, with G1bby finishing just over 5 secs behind in 2nd.
    Congrats to G1bby3lit3 and pinoy350 for placing 2nd and 3rd respectively.
    Thanks to Hatfield for hosting, Stumbles for posting results, and thanks to all drivers for fast, clean racing.
    Peter Wise, Tanktex, arakasi- and 5 others like this.
  11. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great race Adro, I honestly thought more people would do the zero stop strategy so I was stoked to see so many pit. If only it was a 28 lap race :)
  12. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Thx @SPL Racing. I toyed with the idea of no stopping but found my times dropped off considerably after lap 20, so I was initially tense when I realised you guys didn't pit, and literally horrified when I couldn't make any headway catching you all...I thought I'd done my dash. I was watching the split times like a hawk for signs of tyre degradation an fortunately it came. But the 'no stop' plan, which I'd ruled out (and thought no-one else would risk) very nearly worked...
  13. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Also, in my excitement I forgot to save the replay, so if anyone did bother to save it, and they don't mind compressing it for email send or dropbox, please get in touch for my email/dropbox details. Cheers
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's great, thanks Stumbles.
    Stumbles likes this.
  15. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    @emmo46 @Stiffsht was racing under GTBandit666 last race as stated above and may continue to do so. Should his points still go to his points tally as i noticed that you have put him in as a new driver. As you probably didn't see his post about this you wouldn't have known who he was.
    Stumbles and Footlong_warrior like this.
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Right, I did miss that, I'll correct the chart and repost it tonight.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Cheers mate.
  19. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I'm out for remaining races guys, data got corrupted 2 weeks ago and not in a position to reinstall all 19 updates till next month.
  20. SPL Racing

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Bad luck Jason, that sucks. Hope to see you back soon.
    jasondull1986 likes this.