Support RaceonOz Gran Turismo Academy Finalists

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VARDZ, Jun 17, 2015.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey guys .... Just thought i would throw this one out there to assist our mates that will be skilled enough to find themselves in Melbourne @ Nissan Motorsport for the GT academy finals. A part of there assessment is the presence that they have as individuals on social media... We may not be able to help them with tips on how to get around the track but can help them with the social media sides of things by friending them on Facebook and following them on Twitter. So at this stage it over to the few that are good enough to post in this thread their Facebook names and their twitter handles so see we can help them. I am sure at some stage we have all had assistance from these guys...i know i certainly and this is how i and we all can give back to them.... @MINT_GTR @warrior2167 @Pringles_947 @R0T0R-AU86 @Fastboysmith ... also if there is anyone else who has or is close to qualifying tag them in here
    garyw61, SuiCid3, SPL Racing and 5 others like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    One thing we've been trending is #mintforsilverstone!
    I've never had a use for twitter but I guess I may as well make one to help out the guys going to Melbourne :)
    SuiCid3 and MINT_GTR like this.
  3. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Thanks @VARDZ

You have nailed it on the head, Nissan will be looking to see how we engage with social media from now, right up to the competition. With all the support from our amazing community, I am confident we can get one or more of our ROOZ finalists off to silverstone this year. :thumbsup:

You will find me under @mattsimmons08 for Twitter and Matt Simmons for Facebook :) Bring on nationals :thumbsup:
  4. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Just made a Twitter account @TylerABlackburn Can't wait!! =D
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Guys get onto Twitter and supports us through the Nationals Tomorrow, @SmithBenjamin91 all your tweets will be on the Big Screen at Movie World so remember to hashtag #GTAcademy, #racingdriverwanted and #fastboyforthewin and we will see your tweets throughout the day.
  6. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    #mintforsilverstone #fastboyforsilverstone #warriorforsilverstone #pringlesforsilverstone #carbonforsilverstone #sirpoopforsilverstone and the rest good luck at live events etc
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Come on now josh, show some more support for the rest of the drivers competing at the finals. We are supporting mint as well as we are supporting the rest! Good luck everyone
  8. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    my money is on #mintfordubai
    pykeybraa145 likes this.
  9. SirPoopington

SirPoopington Rookie

I'd love some twitter support if you can guys:
    @rebeliot

I'll post as many updates as I can throughout the weekend.

Thank you and best of luck everyone.

Elliott..
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  10. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Hey guys I have just made a twitter account myself, @AUSnicko9
    Good luck to anyone else joining me at the live event this morning and of course the ROOZ members already in the final!!
    SirPoopington likes this.
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Good luck boys, following you all on twitter, Will be sending plenty of support your way.
    skywalker likes this.
  12. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Get behind the 4 Rooz boys going to Silverstone. @AUSnicko9 @rebeliot @TylerABlackburn @mattsimmons08

Media is quite important, as its the way to generate income for the sport through advertising.

Also feel free to follow me as I prep for next GT academy (3rd times a charm ;)) My twitter is @tweetlukejones
    SirPoopington likes this.
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    NISMO TV is live streaming the final race of GT Academy International Race Camp, with a timing screen and live commentary from 11:30pm AEST on Wednesday. The link will be live at http://live.nismo.tv.
  14. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Good luck to Matt and Elliott, we need an Aussie winner this year.

Live timing can be found here http://www.tsl-timing.com/event/153391 and could start as early as 6:00 PM AEST with their first practice session. With dry weather expected for the whole day, than we should be looking at times comparable to last year of low 1:08's. Last years data can be found here http://www.tsl-timing.com/event/143392
    JonoStan96 and Anon666 like this.
  15. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Interesting data. Much much closer than I'd thought. I can see why it took a hour for the judges to decide the winner!
  16. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Anyone else watching the live timing ? From what I can gather, all 10 drivers are still in in and are being given 15-20 laps to set their best laps.
  17. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    it would be nice to know who's in what car
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Australia is the Yellow car :)
  19. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    what number?
  20. warrior2167

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    And its numbered 5, still speculating but possible good signs as that was the fastest car 8.057 before the prodriver in 1B layed down a 7.0