AC Assetto Corsa - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Apr 24, 2013.

1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ye tbh most of them are :):):):)e i think, just wanted the V8SC
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks Pete that did the trick :)
    Peter Wise likes this.
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

4. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Alrighty I've been on a massive mod track test session so far 26 tracks which are hardly used or hidden (illegal conversions) most complete garbage but i have found a few gems in my search

1.aosta gp A netkar pro track given the ok by kunos to be brought to ac it's really technical but with 17 layouts 1 must fit the bill.
    LINK:http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...out-drift-wet-and-light-mod-11-07-2015.11168/

2.Red bull ring removed from offical site for being illegal but is a pretty good layout far from the real deal but fun none the less.
    LINK:http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6947

3.Hilltop club circuit this track blew me away by how much fun i had with it even though it is a very simple track with very open turns it just flows great and keeps the pace high
    LINK:http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/hilltop-club-circuit.20822/
    4. Circuit de catalunya okay so this one is tad rough around the edges but it just had to be added few flickering textures here and there and bit bumpy but i feel this track would be like this in life anyway no track in the history of the world is as smooth as glass also kunos is working on this track as we speak :thumbsup:.
    LINK:http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7009

5.SUZUKA (2 versions two modders) version 1 already posted above is supposed to be hard hitting on old pc's so could cause trouble 2nd version is basic graphically but gets the job done with no drama's
    link for 2nd:http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6681

A few other's left for testing or can't be used for rooz because of a pit box limit

isle of man(untested)probably not great for a season but hey i'm intrigued
    :http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7436

tt assen (PITBOX 17):http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6960

De Modena (Tested but unsure in race situation) worth a try
    :http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7514

Goodwood motor circuit (pit box limit 20 bad if full season grids)http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6909

well that was all a pain to type was going to put this in the inbox but it's hefty and didn't want it to get in the way of official season 3 stuff so placed it here
    @Anon666 you asked for mod track suggestions so here's a ton to look at :roflmao:

ENJOY! :thumbsup:
    Driftoz, zampli, Anon666 and 2 others like this.
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

assen was good fun in the williams f1 :) did some digging myself a couple weeks ago, great to see so much out there
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  6. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    There are thousand's more this was just in my top picks for the cars that were used on the server otherwise there is few endurance tracks and alot of f1 tracks and I mean stupid amounts of them lol.also I have alot of links to drift tracks akina from inital D to Nikko circuit also a fair few rally tracks and hill climbs most of the time just go to YouTube type in Assetto corsa then the name of a track in the world and bam something will show up 90% of the time and a link for it
  7. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    news given out today in stefano's stream
    .Barcelona is being heavily worked on and almost complete.(so paid dlc pack is close)
    .Ai has been what's holding the 1.2 update back the most but is close to being completed few bugs of Ai not being able to finish a race..

.Shocking news that ac used to have a feature where if you went off track you increased risk of puncturing the tyre but was removed because of frustration if someone pushed you off track then you also got a puncture (whole tyre deflation removed for this reason)

And the GT86 will have only 1 variation as with most of them accept the quattro because Stefano want's to work out a better way of approaching variations (so for now just 1 variation for free pack cars

And zandvoort was shown and I can say there is nothing to worry about considering it is not scanned still high quality and bumpy
    Pete, Driftoz and Anon666 like this.
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

Looking forward to next Monday after the hilarious track testing session. All the tracks tested on Monday was enjoyable and may well be worth including in future seasons. The only gripe was the Circuit gilles Villeneuve track surface with was waayyy too smooth.

Spend some time on Marty's servers which has been running KTM and Lotus 2-11 combinations. They are supposedly some of the easiest cars to drive but I have never seen so many crashed! Even the normally dependable aliens struggled to finish a 6 lap race. (Few things are so satisfying as seeing an alien slowly pirouetting off the track in front of you :D)

Tried the new Caterham acadamy model also, slow as anything but great fun. In my opinion modded better than the mazda miata. The more powerfull models of the Caterham should be a great challenge.
    Anon666 likes this.
  9. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    thought i'd share my little secret for people who like to stay up to date with mods and news regarding assetto corsa or any sim for that matter.There's one little teaser video of a mod for AC that guy's back in the Rfactor day's will most likely have to grab a towel over from too much joy :roflmao:

http://www.virtualr.net/category/more-categories/assetto-corsa/ :coffee:
    zampli likes this.
  10. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!
    For people who have reserved the free copy of windows 10.The automatic download and installation will begin sometime tomorrow night or Thursday morning so as a precaution it might be wise to back up data of things that you cannot risk losing.From what I have read windows 8 and 8.1 users can make the switch without losing any data or choose to go with a fresh install (usually a good idea cleans out all the junk) but for Windows 7 the details are a bit sketchy and it may only be a fresh install biggest thing I can suggest is backup all of steam so you do not lose any saved game data.See you all on windows 10 :)
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    i don't think it is an auto installation...you reserve your upgrade and it downloads automatically and lets you know when it is finished so you can choose a time to install.
  12. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Yeah could be the case.Not too sure getting info on it all has been a pain one place say's one thing and another something completely different so I'm being super safe by backing up anyway Incase something goes wrong
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Giod advice Tovey. I'm a wait and see how it pans out for you kinda guy! Especially being in windows 7, which TBH diesn't leave me wanting for much more. Here is is a good article that has cemented my position, paticularly the 2nd half. www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-a-new-begginning/
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Especially the "who moved my cheese" bit :p:p
  15. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Trying to view it but it say's the Page has been removed?.I'm just happy to get rid of 8.1 memory useage is ridiculous with all these background apps and useless features and pop up menus that never need to be used lol :)
  16. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Try this one @Tovey_4saken . K's had beginning spelt incorrectly
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-a-new-beginning/
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Tovey_4saken likes this.
  17. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Cheers was a good read and good advice to stick it out for the first few months while compatibility is sorted for all systems and bug fixing.But for me I'll be head first in the pile to familiarise myself with all the new features or changes to structure but most of all focusing on how windows 10 can be altered for more juice in performance word is a possible 10% increase for Ac just with the win10 amd drivers and better use of multicore CPU's and any little drop I can get out of this at the moment useless 8 core is a plus :D
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  19. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood New Recruit

Hi guys.
    I've started a discussion among the various leagues across Aus and NZ (and preferably South Asia if there are any?) about an "Oceanic" event where we can all race against each other in different divisions. It's a one night feature event, not an ongoing thing. What do y'all think - interested?

Thanks for the racing I've had on your servers as well. It's been fun and you seem like a good bunch to race with!

Cheers.
  20. QC.

QC. AC Server Legend

Hi GB!
    Sounds like an interesting idea. Champions League(s)! Wondering how your thinking it might be structured?
    Note: I don't speak on behalf of ROOZ here but I will offer an apology on their behalf for getting kicked the other night, sorry, shoes flying every where, you and BigBaw got caught in the crossfire :eek:.

Wait... kick GB and BigBaw -> get invite to secret racing league !!!!!!
    def. some kind of illuminate hand shake conspiracy happening here.... look out! ITS A TRAP:D
    Cherno and Driftoz like this.