IRACING RaceOnOz Members on Iracing, add your name to the list

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bonus 888, Jan 19, 2012.

1. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Oh,i had no idea how it was done,can you explain briefly where to go,what to do,i should be able to work it out hopefully! I,ve just done the in game stuff in yellow fading to black,with the Fanatec & Main PerformancePC logos to win the fanatec wheel & pedal set or Obutto cockpit,and the Aus/NZ logo to help the region club chanpionship.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated,i'd especially be happy if with a ROOZ paint scheme any club championship points i earned went to ROOZ instead of Aus/NZ,not that i've got anything against them,but ROOZ is my true club:):):)
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    The standard paints are "played" no matter what. I have done the same, got the standard pain with fanatec and mainperformacepc as well, however for custom skins (only displayed on your machine and others running tradingpaints) you can run a custom skin.
    the custom skins overwrite what you see ingame, but the standard skin is still shown as normal (for people not running tradingpaints, and is also shown in the results page as a coloured skin). The custom skins arent shown in the results etc.

Tradingpaints.com -> sign up, download the skin packs for the cars (also now able to be done within the paint section of iracing for the car) and make your skin using photoshop or another PSD applicable program such as Paint.net)

no matter what you will still fly the aus/nz club like the rest of us :)

rooz is simply a league, not a club - the club is just a region within iracing.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Thanks for the explanation,i'll have a play around with it!
  4. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    I've just download the game. Hope to get online in the next few days. Once i have worked out how to use it I will be racing.
    I could do with some friends ;) look up "gareth lavelle"
    Looking forward to checking this game out.

Laterz
    KoAStR and DekGT5mad like this.
  5. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Make sure you look in the forum section for the correct way to check your wheel and calibrate it,otherwise you'll find the wheel you see turns more than what you do.I'll be on later today,so i'll post the link to it for ya.It's a little bit tedious,but very much worth it.Also input the distance to the screen and screen width,etc accurately,measure them first.You'll find the place in the options/graphics section once you go to a track,tthis options section actually is really good as you can set all your buttons yourself,calibrate your wheel,etc & set your sound levels. If you are using a G27 wheel i can give you the settings from mine,but it's better to run the FFB force tests. You can watch how to do it on youtube as well.:)
  6. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    Thanks for the info, only had a quick play. Manged to get the wheel feeeling ok just from guess work (i have a DFGT) but the brakes never felt too good (was driving the mx5. I have my inlaws around at the moment so I will get back online in about a week. I will hit up the forums and youtube mean time ;) to get upto speed. but opening impressions were really good.
  7. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    Just tried out iracing, man that's a whole new learning curve from GT6! Looks fun though
    Clevohead likes this.
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I done a 3 month membership a while back, and enjoyed it, very fragile cars (compared to GT5/6) and very time consuming to advance your licences and safety rating etc... For a paid service I felt I wouldn't get the time on track for the money needed to subscribe, plus my home PC would need substantial upgrades to cope ( I used my work Laptop, which was fine, just) So just not financially viable for me at the time.

I am holding off for Assetto Korsa, and PCARS before venturing back to PC racing, plus it gives me time to get the PC sorted ;)

Hope you enjoy it, Hit Beannie up he is good value on there (Chris Beahan)
  9. motho

motho Team Driver

PSN ID
    motho
    I agree, going to be way too time consuming for me to learn at the moment, I can see potential though.
    Clevohead likes this.
  10. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i am a paid member of Iracing got my Clicence and just dont have time or any exrtra money
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No reason to hold off! AC is good value fun right now! :p
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Yeah waiting on Tax, and what bonuses I may have made at end of financial ;) then I will do a dedicated gaming PC :cool:
  13. velly

velly Rookie

PSN ID
    velster
    I am loving iRacing at the moment. I've not been spending massive time on track but GT6 has already taken a back seat :)
    Yes it comes at a cost, but the quality is worth it at the moment. I am just trying to work out the best way to race with friends cheaply (or do i have to host a 2 hour event every time for a dollar?)
    I am loving the whole "trading paints" thing, done a few MX5 Cup cars
    Looking forward to getting off my Rookie license too lol
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Velly. Glad your enjoying iRacing. It's a great sim. Jump onto our teamspeak channel if you like. We practice or race together, and occasionally bung on the odd hosted session.
    velly likes this.
  15. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    i believe our Sidfire may be onto something in iracing

(Sidfire / Sonny Kanchin )

September 14, 2015 - iRacers Vy for Invites to Mazda Shootout

Ten iRacers from around the world are once again vying for invitations to the 2015 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout. For the second year in a row, two top competitors from the popular online motorsport simulation’s Mazda Cup Series will be selected to participate in the annual Mazda Road to 24 Shootout and a chance to earn a scholarship to race in the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Cup.

The top ten finishers in the 2015 Season 3 iRacing Mazda MX-5 Cup will be evaluated by a committee chosen by iRacing which will select two finalists to advance to this year’s Mazda Shootout. In addition to their performance in the iRacing Mazda MX-5 Cup, the iRacers will be judged on a variety of criteria including business,marketing and media skills. iRacing will announce its selections later this fall.

The candidates are led by the top three finishers in the iRacing Mazda Cup, series champion Aday Coba Lobez (Iberia), runner-up Glenn McGee (California) and third place finisher Tomoki Konno (Asia). Steven Diem (West) finished fourth in the series standings ahead of Matt Bussa (Illinois), Jeremy Bouteloup (France), Richard Eklund(New York), Jesus Sicilia (Iberia), Sonny Kanchin (Australia/NZ) and Tamás Szabó(Central-Eastern Europe). Worth noting is that Diem was one of two iRacers to qualify for last year’s Shootout, while Bouteloup (iRacing World Championship Grand Prix Series) and Bussa (NASCAR PEAK Antifreeze Series) regularly compete in iRacing's two professional-level world championship series.

“iRacing is excited to again be part of the Mazda 2015 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout ,” saysTony Gardner, President of iRacing.com. “This partnership brings together two organizations committed to developing young driving talent through different but complimentary methods. iRacers gave a good account of themselves in the Mazda shootout last year and, judging from the intensity of the competition for the iRacing Mazda MX-5 Cup title, I’m confident we’ll be sending two very strong representatives to the 2015 Mazda Road to 24 Shootout.”
    KoAStR likes this.
  16. cruciald00dz

cruciald00dz Team Driver

PSN ID
    CRUCIALD00DZ
    Shane Adams , add me I'm keen to learn as much as possible
  17. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

added you on iRacing if you add us on facebook we will add you to the group chat
  18. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    Can I get added to the list? Finally decided to have a crack at iracing about a month ago and man it's addictive. Even had a crack in the mx5 for the Bathurst 12 hour last weekend. Needless to say I hate the mx5 now :p

Keen to learn as much as possible about understanding how to do setups

zuluwoffle - Matt Allison
    Nearly at C Class for road and oval
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Oi! What about Assetto Corsa?
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member