GT6 Division 4 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Just thought I would mention that I won't be around next week to race. :(
  2. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    all good cyber don't stress
    Cyberstig1 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Ladders and Results Tables have been updated with provisional results, pending Div 3 protest resolution
  5. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Got a question @emmo46 , can you confirm what tyre compound will be used for the sprint round.
    Thanks in advance, cheers
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suspect it will be softs, but @stucar17 will confirm.
    Footlong_warrior and arakasi- like this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @CDT ill you be racing this weekend?
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @CDT (dr_twist) hasn't shown up and is not responding to my PM so I am moving @Nicholas clark (PSN Username is Aston90) to this room, please add him to your friends lists before Sunday.
    incey likes this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @Nicholas clark request sent
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  11. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
  12. mmm_homebrew

mmm_homebrew harry

PSN ID
    mmm_homebrew or GT_BANDIT_POPS
    hi all, hope to open a FRIENDS ONLY room just before 8pm tonight, will have to send fr to Aston90. not feeling very confident for consistent good laps tonight, (my concentration tends to lapse as i think about beer)
    incey likes this.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I've been in some practice rooms and some the div 4 guys are lapping quicker on hards than I can on softs, so I'm not very confident for tonight.
  14. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well done to captnpeach on the win.
    i just couldn't keep it on line at the end, thought i had a big enough gap but two accidents on the seond last lap destroyed the gap .
    and bloody kieren taking fastest lap...i took about 3 laps of life off my tyres trying to beat peachies time and then you went and smashed it. well done dude that was a great time
  16. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Dream Race for Me
    That was a dream race for me. I wont try and compete with @Adronaught when it comes to race reports but I will try and put it into perspective. I have previously said on the forum that Poor Preparation Precipitates Piss Poor Performance. That wasn't going to happen to me this race. I went out on Thursday night and joined a practice room that @Easyprey007 had set up. I reckon I did about 60-70 laps and was happy with my performance. We even did a full race simulation and I came in around 6th out of 11. I was a bit confused about my car speed when I kept getting caught from behind and passed quite easily. I normally run around the pace of @Easyprey007 and he kept pulling away from me. After the practice session I checked my oil - PS told me it was ok. I changed it anyway and got an extra 19hp. That solved that problem and I was set. Friday night/Sat morning at about 1.45am I got home after sampling my brothers new keg absolutely mullered. I got online with @NAACS and Adro as they were having a run around Madrid. I think I lasted about 20min and even went the correct way around the track. There U have it I was sorted for any contingency - Sober or Drunk I was covered and I knew it was not going to rain so I was pretty confident. Sunday came around and I got into some gardening. Went to a mates played chess and shared a bottle of wine rather than the usual six. Went home got dinner out and thought a nanny nap b4 the race would be smart (it's an old man thing). Set my smart phone for 6.30pm and I was set.
    The Race. Well I qualified much better than I normally do in 3rd. Got a good start but had a small sideways moment and dropped back to 4th. Settled down and got into a good scrap with @incey and easyprey. Had a few moments with @CPTNPEACH and @Kieran_B33 who both owed me a bit of Biffo from the last race but all was good. Got into 2nd place about 4 laps from the end, moving into 1st on the penultimate lap. That's when I woke up and realised it was 8.15pm.
    It was a dream race for me.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    hahaaha, that whole time i was thinking...geez i didn't notice any of that happening
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  18. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    me too I was like hang on I qualified 3rd what the hell is cyber on lol
    incey likes this.
  19. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    what a cracking race and what fantastic racers we have in this division. First time i have ever attempted this track this week and really enjoyed the clipsal 500 street circuit feel it had. Qualified 3rd with only 100ths of a second splitting the top 3. I started off well and grabbed 2nd early on lap 1 and had a great battle with @arakasi- for the first 10 or so laps when a attempt on an overtake by arak failed for him it threw him back to give me a slight gap took the pressure off me to just put my head down and try and do consistent 1:24s on the hards. @incey pitted lap 12 with a 12 second gap on me and made me question my 15 lap strategy as i knew incey would gain roughly 2 seconds a lap lead on me. Pitted and came out with roughly the same gap but knew i had fresher tyres got down to the last 2 laps and incey still had 5 seconds on me but i could see his tail lights clearly now and i knew i had a chance with tyres 3 laps fresher i pushed hard and incey came undone on the last lap on the pit straight chicane which got me within 2 seconds of him. I found my opportunity at the s turns in the back end of the track he took it wide and grabbed the pole on the last lap. Had great fun on this one and looking forward to the rest of the season.
    arakasi- and Easyprey007 like this.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have lost my USB stick with the spreadsheets so cannot so the new versions until I get back to work Wednesday and get the backup files. Sorry for the delay