GT6 Division 2 Season 7

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Aug 24, 2015.

1. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Results post updated
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks Bryan:thumbsup:
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  4. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Late race report from thr 'naught. I like Indy Road course but it's on my 'subtley tricky' tracks list. After minimal practice with tyre wear on 'normal' I had to adjust to 'fast' fast, lol! Quali'd near the back in 10th so had to ping the start...BANG! Got a gun start and found myself in 7th by T6 behind noremac, and tried to hang on to the lead pack over the next couple of laps. Made a couple of simple run wide mistakes lap 3 or so, and lost the tow much to my detriment...was sort of stuck between packs and trundled along as best I could. Having not conducted a great deal of research re pit strategy, I thought 'Hmmmmmm....' when Hat pitted at end of lap 12. I decided to go for 'the overcut' and stayed out 2 laps longer than I should've...rejoined in 10th having good battles with grassies, Mario, an Stu...settled into 7th as Stu drove on past (tried to stay with him but just couldn't make it happen), and whiteracer caught me with about 2 or 3 laps to go.
    Well done to Bryan for the win, and Hat and BMW for the places, and thanks to Hat for hosting and Bryan for posting.
    Cheers
    stucar17 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    div 2 room is open
  6. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    After a great start getting to 8th and catching ahead, I binned it at The Elbow :/
    Pitted late, caught up to Azz in 12th, got an amazing overtake through elbow on him, had some amazing racing before I binned it, was catching the pack (despite having probably no chance at getting any higher than 12th) which shows what no practice does!!! I need to find the time to practice, when I do, I'm up there....
    All went pear shaped anyways as I disconnected, good luck for the rest boys :)

Boy, my first season in Div2 has gone horribly... Next season...... Next season....
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Bit devastated I couldn't make the race this weekend but my First Bathurst experience was absolutely amazing standing under the podium singing out Lowndesy at the top of my voice. I'll never forget it.
    JonoStan96, Peter Wise and Randm90 like this.
  8. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I fu*#en give up! :):):):) quali, got punted on first corner 'braking early' to avoid concertina effect, as requested, and relegated to last. Ok, pit at end of lap 3...go for the 'under undercut'....worked reasonably well, but was caught and passed by NAACS and Benny (got punted again at the chase which begs the question: does the car in front have the right to brake before the pursuer would like to?).
    Ok...dig deep, keep Hat at bay hopefully....then this black screen bull:):):):) again (I think I might have been carted out with random...I dunno). Either way, my internet connection is "not :):):):)", I was second into the room for fu#*'s sake to try and ensure some stability...and get DC'd for some bull:):):):) random fu*#en networking deficiency, despite having DMZ and static IP sorted? If I find out anyone is racing tethered to their smartphone I will personally drive across the country and smash it and two of their fingers with a hammer! It's got me mighty pissed! May/may not participate for rest of season...it just ain't no fun at the moment fellas. Cheers
    SPL Racing and Easyprey007 like this.
  9. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :cry::cry::cry:
    Well that went nothing to plan. Soooo frustrating. Qualified 6th, got up to 5th on the first lap and slotted in behind Bryan and the train, BMW had a moment over skyline and in trying to avoid him and Bryan was passed by a few a cars, and it only went downhill from there. Tried to give random room at the chase and all I did was run off to be dead last. Pitted lap 5, caught up to TB and we had some good battles. Well done to white and the podium.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    about the same for me :( @Bryan_F is pulling away!! well done @Whiteracer52
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Going to get everyone to test the following weather settings for Autumn Ring Reverse
    Weather at race start 70%
    surface water 0%
    changeability 4
  13. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Hope I didn't hit you Stu :/
    I tried sticking wide and broke early, looked back to see you way off :/
  14. Whiteracer52

Whiteracer52 Rookie

Thank,s fellow,s had a good last lap in qualifying so was in a good spot at the start of the race . Got a good start and got to first and stayed in front until I pitted where grassies did the under cut but just tried to bridge the gap . Well at the end I got him with about 4 laps to go . Well it was close at the end with bmw . It was nice to have a good race for once
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  15. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Wasn't quite sure how my car speed would stack up coming into the race, ended up qualifying 5th. Managed to avoid the worst of the chaos across the top and wound up 5th going into the pit stop after 5 laps. From there had a bit of a battle to get past Adro, then thanks to a mistake coming onto the front straight, spent the last half of the race battling Naacs for 5th place. Ended up finishing side by side with Naacs and finished 5th by the front splitter of my car (0.001 seconds).
    SPL Racing likes this.
  16. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    You hit me into first corner as I braked for 'concertina effect' occurring in front of me...punting me into the cars in front and bringing me to all but a dead stop, from 10th to last in one fell swoop...really set the tone for my race...
    I like good close racing fella, but don't use me as a brake into the first corner and expect me to be appreciative.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Nah random, you didnt hit me, i always try to give room and at the end of the day i have been giving too much and screwing myself over. I stayed right but the ripple strip unsettled my car through the chase and i broke with my RR on the grass so i was a passenger after that......Just frustrating when i was 5th with a gap on lap 2, till we all got caught up with BMW after he had a moment at skyline, i checked up because i clipped bryan who had slowed, and in that process everyone else got my draft down the straight. An invitation i cant blame everyone for taking.

Have to say, from where i was sitting, nobody did anything particularly wrong, its such a hard part of the track with so many blind corners, you cant come over trying to hit braking points, steer and look at the map "incase" someone has had a moment....that said, there has been quite a bit of contact on lap 1 in most of our rounds which is disappointing.
  18. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    grassies and stucar17 like this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Um, just checked replay and it was actually another driver.
  20. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Roger that @stucar17, and a thousand apologies @Randm90 for knee jerk response to a :):):):) race/DC'd/etc on my part...
    Due to being DC'd I've been unable to view a replay to see what really happened. I'm having a :):):):)ty season thus far with average results recorded, when I've not been DC'd, largely due to my poor quali form (I can't seem to get RH tyres going till lap 5-6), and perhaps like Stu, I tend to be over generous with giving fellas racing room when it's on, at times to my own detriment.
    Bearing that in mind, I expect others to race with some sense of good sportsmanship and fair play as well (call me old fashioned). So when I get shafted by some idiot who's forgotten to brake a little earlier because of a tow, or I've been divebombed by a bold and audacious move that really wasn't on, yeah, I can get a little shirty...
    This is only my second season racing with ROOZ (I had to abandon HTO Series due to injury /ill health), and maybe I'm dreaming, but it feels a little more 'elbows out' than last season.
    I'm happy to take my HTFU pills and own my bit of track with a bit more 'presence', and I accept that there will inevitably be 'racing incidents' occur when blokes are pushing the envelope, it's only logical, but I can't and won't accept being on the receiving end of poor concentration, skills, and execution thereof on a repeat basis.
    I come here to have fun primarily, race clean, hard and fair, make some new friends, and hopefully learn how to become a better driver...but be damned if I'm gonna show up week in/week out to have my chances of a good run dashed by what seems to be a combination of over enthusiasm and inexperience, or :):):):)ty network issues that make completing an event impossible (I had a public Nordeschleife room open for 3 days on the trot during Ballascleiffen Festival of Speed earlier this month and it was rock solid...for 3 continuous days...so go figure!)
    Anyways, enough about me...see you all next Sunday, but please keep your elbows tucked in, as a reality check will often offend. Cheers