GT6 [Completed] BJH Memorial Race of Champions - season 7

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by t_b_williams, Aug 29, 2015.

1. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Yea sorry mate, couldn't see you or Warrior
  2. Ben78

Ben78 New Recruit

PSN ID
    nebneb1978
    I couldn't find my reverse button :eek: All I saw was a cloud of smoke & then bang into the side of @t_b_williams just after Murray's corner ;) No offense to Bruce but I was really disappointed maybe in the future we could start all together & then just calculate time differences? :whistling: But that's racing! Well done Bob :thumbsup:
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  3. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Thanks everyone, it's been an honour to race amongst ROOZ champions in memoriam of Bruce Hale. I never had the pleasure of racing with @bjh1012 but by all accounts he was everyone's mate and an all round legend. Hopefully I can live up to and respect his legacy by bringing as much enthusiasm and camaraderie to all the ROOZ events that I attend.
    warrior2167, Bren, Hatfield and 5 others like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Congratulations @B-Spec Bob! Fantastic victory! I had little doubt you'd lose, you had very strong pace relative to your handicap.

Considering how limited overtaking opportunities are here and how dependant the car is on downforce, I knew my chances of winning starting 29 seconds back were virtually nil. As it proved I was unable to halve the gap which was disappointing as I felt I drove a decent race apart from a hairy moment into Griffens which cost me the position to @Watto64. It was a shame that there was a pile up towards the end as I was looking forward to catching and battling with those guys. Still, I hope to get another shot at it in the next ROC.

8/8 winners is awesome, congrats once again to Bob!
    Bren, Peter Wise and B-Spec Bob like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    @B-Spec Bob you legend!!!! Well done mate! No one deserved that more than you! You put the effort it in you nabbed it :)
    Fantastic night, was really special being able to drive that F1.......stood for a lot more than just a video game.....But I did all I could to get away from @v8power383 and Bob before they inevitably hunted me down and swallowed me whole. From there I had to hold 3rd which looked likely until mistakes seeped in and let @Randm90 catch up, I didn't want to drop off the podium.....And side by side racing from Griffins to The Dipper is a great way to do that!!! Fantastic racing with you mate, best battle i've had and keep my ROC record good! Never been off the podium!!! Now I just have to find a way to get a ticket next season.....
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I managed to keep the gap to P2 to around 6 seconds for the first few laps until I went to wide at the chase and put a wheel on the grass and ended up in the sand. Came back on track in about 4th but just ended up going backwards as the faster guys caught me.
    Sorry to AO for the bump on the last lap as it upset the battle you were having with N64.
    Ended up finishing 8th in my first ever ROC so happy with that, I was just happy competing in the memorial race for BJ

Congrats on the win Bob and also well done to V8 and viper for taking 2nd and 3rd.
    It was an honor to be in my first ever ROC against the top Drivers in ROOZ.
    Hopefully I can get another crack next season
  7. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    No dramas mate. I was on the limit anyway just trying to stay with N64!
    Well done to Bob on the win, great consistent pace. Also to V8 and Viper.
    Had a lot of fun racing with Slambo and Ben until Slambos little mishap, I just managed to clip one of you but kept going only to let N64 thru. After that it was just following him thru a few cars to finish 7th
  8. AOCleaner74

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Sorry Slambo, just looked at the replay and it was TB that had a little spin.