PCARS-2 [Completed] RTEC 2018 Round 1 - 80 Minutes of Fuji

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by its-benny-racer, Apr 8, 2018.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

Were you running 2nd in class & had just lapped me for the first time prior to the dsc?

They may have been related.... a lap or so before I dsc, one of the three blue ligiers teleported & appeared right in front of me & this happened a dozen or so times before on the run down to Dunlop I got the "you have been disconnected & are exiting the session. Ok." The weird part was that I still had control of the car & wanted to keep going but not want to ruin anyone's race. I'd already been dsc from the team GTR party & knew my time was up

i really wanted to rejoin so i could watch but knew it might be a bad move
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Wasn’t 2nd in class but I had you as stationary on track at turn three. Was just after I ‘passed you’ there for the second time that you dc’d then me very shortly after.
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    I've got the video edit ready now I just need your race recaps. Whatever is easier, post in here as usual for your race reports and I'll grab the info from the thread or send me a private conversation.
    Don't get too excited, it's not a video using the game replay as that's way to time consuming plus it doesn't get the entire 80 minutes! It's highlights from my view with voice over with your race report. :thumbsup:
  4. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

A slightly stressful qualifying, it takes 2 laps in my car to get the tyres up to temp and as a result, both flying laps were hindered by catching a GTE car at Dunlop, costing more than .5 sec. Luckily the 2nd attempt was good enough for pole.

Started the race just making sure to stay ahead into the 1st corner, then immediately got into a groove to build a gap, ran into some trouble trying to lap a group of battling GTEs, ended with aero damage trying to zig zag between 2 of them.

The damage was worth 1.5sec per lap so I was losing ground consistently to Hoppy until he had a spin, so I was able to pit at half distance as scheduled despite also suffering poorer fuel economy.

Luckily, repairs only added a few seconds to the pit stop and I came out with a 9 sec margin back to Spidey. Was a pretty cruisey run home from there, apart from a spin at turn 3 when the track temp dropped in the closing laps.
    Hoppy (benny11169) and Spidey_11 like this.
  5. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Did you get my race report mate
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Received :thumbsup:.
    @its-benny-racer could I get the points table so I can include in the race report?
    v8power383 likes this.
  7. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Race report for Round 1 at Fuji. Let me know what you think. Cheers
  8. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Great job spidey
    Anthonyb and Spidey_11 like this.