RaceRoom [31/10] RaceRoom Wednesday Fun Run (GT1 at Imola)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by TheStig13, Jul 22, 2018.

1. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Each Wednesday night I will be hosting a RaceRoom server for some fun drop in events, running a variety of car and track combos each week.

This Week's Event:
    [​IMG]

Event format: [Start time 7:30 PM AEST / 8:30PM AEDT]

Practice [30 mins]
    Qualifying [15 mins]
    Race [30 mins + 1 lap]

Click here for Discord server details
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    anton_Chez and Sun Levi like this.
  2. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    The server will be up in around 15 minutes time and will be called RaceOnOz.com - GT3 at Spa in the multiplayer server browser.
  3. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Tomorrow night the server will be up again, we will be running the new WTCR 2018 series at a bunch of tracks - event details are in the opening post.
    KoAStR likes this.
  4. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Rookie

Chur Chur cya boy's there :D
    Sun Levi likes this.
  5. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Tonight we're off to Suzuka Circuit for a 40 minute GT3 race inspired by the real-world Suzuka 10 Hour event held over the past weekend. Full event details are in the opening post.
  6. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Tomorrow night we're going old school with the Group 5 beasts at Laguna Seca and Nurburgring GP... take your pick from the European and Japanese cars with massive turbos (and massive turbo lag to boot), or a 'yuge naturally aspirated 'Murican V8 that goes like a train (and stops like one too).
    KoAStR likes this.
  7. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Tonight we are back in GT3 cars for a few 25 minute races inspired by the most recent rounds of the ADAC GT Masters (Sachsenring) and the Blancpain GT Series (Hungaroring).
  8. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    This week we're off to Spielberg in Austria for a DTM event - take your pick of an Audi, BMW or Mercedes from 4 years of DTM competition to take on the Red Bull Ring.

If you want to have a say in terms of what classes we should run on RaceRoom here at ROOZ, I've currently got a poll up (https://goo.gl/forms/uieLKkz1VV5fvlFu2), feel free to choose as many (or as few) classes as you want.
  9. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Tonight we're back in GT3 cars yet again - this time we're off to Hockenheim for a pair of 25 minute sprint races. Full event details are in the opening post.

Also, don't forget to vote in the poll linked in the post above if you want to have a say regarding what classes we should run in these events.
  10. anton_Chez

anton_Chez New Recruit

Missed tonights event but will definitely be joining in the next one as my current Wed night series is coming to a close. So hopefully these Raceroom Wed nights continue and we can help to grow it :)
  11. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    This week it's off to China for a pair of touring car races at Shanghai and Zhuhai, in the recently released WTCR 2018 cars. Event details are in the opening post.
  12. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    I'll be taking a break from running these fun run events for a couple of weeks - they will resume again on the 24th of October.
  13. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Are these races streamed anywhere?
  14. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Wednesday night RaceRoom returns after a few weeks hiatus with the recently updated GTR1 class at Imola. The event format has changed slightly with the onset of daylight savings - practice will now start at 7:30PM AEST.

Unfortunately I cannot stream these races, it's not possible for me to stream as I have a low upload bandwidth on ADSL.
    anton_Chez and Woody like this.
  15. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Tonight's event may have to be delayed, as RaceRoom will be down for an update starting in around an hour's time.
  16. anton_Chez

anton_Chez New Recruit

Is last weeks event carrying over to tomorrow night?
  17. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    It certainly is, I'd updated the date in the title of the thread but forgot to update the event poster with the date.