GT5 450 Oldskool Classic Cup - Japan vs Europe vs America

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Trustfire, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Lol i thought i didn't do that change, unfortunately Seido has reserved that bad boy already :/ Wasn't on here in the thread conversation, was in the list tho.
  2. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Sorry man, all good.
  3. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Replied, we will run with your suggestion.
  4. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    what's all this secret talk? lol
  5. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Sounds like fun! I own a 2002 tarmac rally car so I'll give that a run if I can be quick enough to qualify in it
  6. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    I edited my post SEIDO, it was in reference to moving this to open online matchuos. KoastR didn't think it was a good idea. I now agree.. no secrets here.
  7. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    ok cool, I was just mucking around. Just couldn't see what was happening...

Sorry I took the Coupe by the way hehe
    Got a 1:33:9 in the Civic the other night. Had a bit of prac with trusty and dougz.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: are you serious? that defies almost all the principal regulations! must be 1979 or earlier, no rally/race/concept cars.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey Trusty. Did a quick test. Please take the G4 off for me, waaaaay to slow even at the 450PP.
    Put the Jensen Intercepter on there for me though... got a couple more cars to test to confirm the selection ;)
  10. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    The Cars I'd like to reserve are:

Honda S800 '66 | Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67 | Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70

Please kind sir:cool:
  11. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

I think he meant the bmw 2002. But still.. no rally cars. Just the standard 2002 would be fine.
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Hey guys, how was your weekend?

Did a quick prac run in the Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70 last night. 2 runs of 3 laps. It's really fun to drive and I like no ABS. 1:32.4 was my best lap time. (stint 2, lap 2)
  13. AussieInfidel

AussieInfidel martyn rogers

so is the bmw 2002 taken? if not I'd like to change to that please
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    AWESOME!! This event, makes me want to re-mount my g27 pedals and have a crack. Liking the to ABS idea with these cars too, very appropriate!

I'll see how i-racing treats me over the next few days.
  15. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Sounds good beau, would be good to have ya for this ;)

I will be putting up a date and time for the race today or tomorrow. It is likely it will be a Saturday race, in one of the 'off' weeks of the 501 series so as not to disrupt you guys too much. So apologies to those who can't race at that time. If there is a large amount who can't make this time, it may be subject to change. If it is a successful series, I'm sure there will be more :) Driving these cars with no abs is proving to be an interesting racing game style all of it's own ;)

Also Seido can't wait to see that Honda Coupe goin round, it's a beast... Never knew about it until gt5. I want one, with a K20A in it. :D
    [img=1300]http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/03/1300a.jpg[/img]
  16. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey mate I edited your first post with this car change for me... :p
    IN: Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74
    OUT: Ginnetta G4 '64

Hey hey good to see perhaps we have Beau back on board for some GTLOZ racing :D
  17. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

lol stop hacking my threadz :eek:

I saw the interceptor, sexy car but it's a heavy thing, gonna need some horses!
  18. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    ooh that looks nice! mine's red in game too.
    Yea I didn't know about it either until GT4.

Got a 1:32:4 in it after just a few laps on the weekend. Good fun to drive and looks and sounds awesome bouncing of the curbs haha
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sorry mate :rolleyes:

Yea it's a bit heavy, and a bit hard on tyres too, but it's quick and these are only sprints! Should be interesting up against the typically much lighter jap cars. And it's got a hell of a sweet gurgley exhaust note!

Will there be any mod restrictions to 'keep it real' like the no ABS?
    For me I never usually put anything more than height adjustable suspension in these sorts of cars. [For my testing though I only did power/weight mods to meet the 450PP]. If so it might be worth putting up a 'build specs' of allowable/prohibited mods, whichever is the shorter list!

Do we have to stick with the same car for all 3 races, or can we change between our nominated first and second (or third) choices?

BTW isn't it silly how GT5 doesn't restrict upgrades for these old cars. I mean c'mon, no CPU and no cat in these old girls, so how do sports CPU/cats still give you more power?! Even Forza1 would cross out non-applicable upgrades like this. :mad: Stoopid PD.
  20. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Lol I'm only kidding man, hack all you like, saves me doing it at work ;)

They are a handful already so I'm happy to have full suspension, if you were modding these in real life you would probably run coilovers/adjustables anyway.

You CAN change between races if you like, not a problem at all :) If you pick a dud first race, I don't expect you to keep driving it getting flogged lol. Even if you want to change just for :):):):)s and giggles I'm all for it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.