GT5 450 Oldskool Classic Cup - Japan vs Europe vs America

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Trustfire, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Update

Date is set. Updated in first post. 1st October 2011.

If you can make it, great :), if not that's cool, depending on how this goes, I am happy to do another one down the track.
    (lol see what i did there, 'down the track' :lol:)

:rolleyes:
  2. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    I'd love to enter this, even though I suck at driving without ABS set to 1. I'll enter in the Shelby GT350 '65.

EDIT: I'll reserve the Volkswagen Samba Bus as well, that thing can be surprisingly quick when fully tuned! :lol:
  3. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Please put me down for the '66 Shelby Cobra 427
  4. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Had a practice run last night with TheStig. I was suprised how well my tyres held up for the 8 laps, especially with all the lock ups i had. We were both suprised that you can do pretty consistant laps.

TheStig's GT350 seemed quicker than my GT-R. Theres not much in it though. I think most cars will be fairly evenly matched. Should be a good afternoon of racing :)
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR

Hehe nice one stig. I tested the Shelby GT350 too, should be very competitive in that. Great note, with a great look so you can't go wrong!

And the Samba bus is great fun. I hosted some just for fun races in that (at Autum ring too actually). Didn't tune it fully but gave it a few mods.
    My one dissappointment with that was that's how I stumbled across the terrible suspension tuning bug in GT5. I jacked up the back and sacked out the front mostly for the bad ass rake look, and was expecting a really fun oversteer beast. What I got was completely the opposite and had to loose the look or deal with a car that would only drive in a straight line :(
  6. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    I reckon that the difference in times was due to me using a wheel - the controller doesn't go too well without ABS. Shame we couldn't get a completely clean race in though, thanks to a certain someone in a red RX7 acting like a public lobby noob.

As soon as I saw the Shelby in my garage, I knew I had to enter it! At first it was way too drifty for my liking and everything I tried with settings made it worse (I'm terrible when it comes to tuning). I ended up finding a quite good setup for it in the GTPlanet tuning forums, which used that suspension bug that you found when tuning the Samba bus.

As for the Samba bus, I don't think I'll enter it after I found a good setup for the GT350. It'll just get swamped at the line because of the massive turbo lag from 0-50km/h.
  7. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Stig, nice signature man! respect to the legend, RIP.

I've put down a few laps in my Civic and Honda coupe. Still have to test the BELLET, looks beasty.
    Good fun with no ABS using a ds3 control haha I think setting the brake bias low, like 1 and 1 helps not to lock up so much...

have to get on the track for a prac sesh with you guys sometime.
  8. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Yeh I know abs is strange at first but once you get into a rhythm you learn the brake pressures with the ds3 it can be lots of fun ;) As Seido says try a lower brake bias so u can hit em a bit harder. All in fun, first few corners are gonna be nutz haha
  9. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Hey Trustfire,

Finally got online for some testing tonite and looked at what i have and whats left. Decided on using the Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) 63 and the Alpine A310 1600VE 73. One for fun (and difficultly) and one for speed. Funilly enough the coupe is actually quite easy to drive and requires very little in the way of gear changes, so i picked the Alpine which is quite the handful, espcially with the 6 shifter and clutch. turning the brake bias way down on these old cars does help a lot. I think my lap times will be reasonable but not great, but should be sufficent for racing.

Looking forward to racing these beauties and Autumn Ring will present plenty of great photo ops.

Can everyone identify their hardware as well- lets get as many people on the 6 shifters as possible. :)
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I'm keen for this. Put me on the list, ill be bringing the mighty Lancia Stratos 73' to the party.
  11. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Yeh this is primarily why I chose it :) Orignally was gonna be SSR5 (Japan Wangan styles) but yeh can't see anything on that track so AR it is.

Nice, will update, I tested this also, I found it a bit err unpredictable lol, but quick none the less if u can keep it straight!
  12. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Cool, the grid is filling up!

Here's a few pics from a little test run a did a couple weeks ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

hell yeah the Coupe looks hot in that last shot, sitting low. What a tough looking car! Might do a few laps and take some pics tonight :)
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Seido when downloading your pics to image shack do it on the 680 by something, the one lower than the one you used here, the pics fit perfectly.
  15. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    oh really? they fit on my screen at work and home....not yours?
  16. keggz

keggz New Recruit

Keen as mustard, put me on the grid. Once I find a car to drive I let you know.
  17. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

Works perfect on my work mac and home laptop, they adjust to fit the maximum page width, and there is an option to click through for a bigger version too ;)
  18. keggz

keggz New Recruit

Nissan BLUEBIRD Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79

Alpine A310 1600VE '73

Lotus Europa Special '71

I'll add these to my list of possibale cars please.
  19. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I will have to change my car selection I reckon. The stratos isn't meant for racing, just suicide. I'll have a look about and get back to ya Trustfire.
  20. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

don't be soft, run it.....o_O

lol yeh man no probs lemme know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.