GT5 450 Oldskool Classic Cup - Japan vs Europe vs America

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Trustfire, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Oh no wonder you struggled! :O Most FR road cars need to run about 3/1, particularly for this era of 'oldskool'! ;)
  2. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

yeh i haven't played with the braking settings yet either but I'm sure that will put my cars into the 1:31's, i love the tentativeness of driving these things lol, suspension setup is also a really important factor in this race, too low and you will get big oversteer on the banked sections, too high and u get understeer and bodyroll. Lovin it!

NOTE: Please check before you enter the track that your abs is SET TO '0' as it defaults to '1' i believe. I can change mine on the fly on the track, i recommend setting this up just in case. This IS designed as a fun race, and I know everyone here will be sticking to the rules :), but still I will be looking at the replays if there is any discrepancies. This goes without saying but anyone racing using any abs will score 0 for that race. Again, I am only mentioning this as I can't lock '0' abs through settings.

2 days to go...... do those oil changes and polish those hubcaps!

[​IMG]
  3. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    I'm looking forward to this cup. I'll get some prac in over the next few days.
    I'll be there for the first race but as for the second and third I may have to leave early... bummer

yea it's fun driving these cars... hopefully we can do a round where the cars are restricted to their stock
    suspension... leaning all over the place haha.
    Even an enduro would be cool...weather and time ON...

What do ya reckon trustos?
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I like this idea, stock or maybe fixed sports suspension.
    I did my comparitive selection testing all with standard suspension. Am only adding drivetrain and suspension mods to my final two choices.
  5. Trustfire

Trustfire New Recruit

I really only did fully adjustable suspension for aesthetic purposes, and because most of these cars are boats to turn, and realistically if you owned one of these there is no way you would take it onto a track with fixed suspension ;) I want all your cars at maximum low for the pictures! haha

Club photographs
    I have decided the club shots will be taken on High Speed Ring, ONLY so people don't think they have missed the start of the race if they join late and quit thinking they were too late.

The shot will be taken at around 1:20pm on the straightaway, this will also double as the reset for qualifying which is at 1:30pm ;)

[​IMG]

So just to update everyone so hopefully u don't miss out.

Practice - 12:45pm onwards (Autumn Ring)
    Club Photograph - 1:20pm (High Speed Ring)
    Qualifying - 1:30pm (Autumn Ring)
    Race 1 Start - 2:00pm (Autumn Ring)

Cup Updates: (first post)
    Club photograph time / location
    False Start Check = ON
  6. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Sounds good man!
  7. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    You can 'lock' it.. In the driving settings menu, ABS does default to ON = 1 but only from the time the car is newly aquired.

If you change the settings in this menu before you hit the track, GT5 will retain these as the default settings for this car from there on. So as I usually drive without ABS in most cars, this will already be set to 0, unless I have never driven that car since aquiring it.

But you have to make these setting changes for every single car you own....

Similar goes for the brake bias, which you can set in the tuning menu so you don't have to fumble around and adjust it on track. 3 in the front and 1 in the rear will be a good place to start for all these cars.

P.S. Nice drift pic in the old fairlady ;)
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

This is gonna be epic. I'm gonna crash so many times.
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Here is my girl in a RL shot. As hard as it is to drive, it is oh so pretty. Same color and everything.
    [​IMG]
  10. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    so unique.... it was a strong machine in the rally championship in the 70's
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Yeah, the last RWD car to win the WRC. Awesome rally car.
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I just noticed the date, its this Saturday @ 2, sorry but I'm out, its my brothers 50'th Bday and the AFL grand final. Have fun guys
    Hey Azza i will be using the Mk1 so you can use the other muscle cars if you want.
  13. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    yeah I'm changing to the Chev Camaro Z28 '69 Cheers mate
  14. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Had a bit of a run with trusty last night. Hit a 1:30.7 in the Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70...BEAST
  15. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    I bags bonus's grid spot and cars. That's if I can wrap work up in time tomorrow.
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer go for it neishy got 2 muscle cars there seeing Aza got the camaro. Pick either one and i'll go the mk1 next race.
  17. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    had a bit of practice with Chevwah last nite in the alpine 310. I'm sure its as difficult as everything else out there and when you push these cars they like take right angle corners into the nearest wall, so im still refining my driving technieue and the car. But im managing around the mid 31's consistently so ill probably be staying towards the rear of the pack (judging from what i saw from Chev!) ;) Or should i say HOPING to be staying towards the rear of the pack. Anyway, enjoying the old skool cars and 6 shifter and the constant need for correction. Great fun.
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I've found some pace in the Stratos...so look out boys.
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :O Enlighten us! How fast does kermit get around the Autumn ring?! :D

After some brief suspension tuning I've done mid 1:29's in my Jensen Interceptor, that's still with the stock 3-speed g.box.
    I haven't tried my 2000GT with any suspension mods yet.....
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Not telling. But it's a fine line in the lancia. Just like in real life, you either get a very fast lap time...or you die a horrible death. Be warned though, I may be the only driver who is actually in what could be called a "70s supercar". The lap times will reflect that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.