AC SEASON 7: The VAJ Championship by Gamesmen.com.au

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 23, 2016.

1. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    [​IMG]
    ASSETTO CORSA SEASON 7 - The Various Automobiles Jamboree BY:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Season 7 is going to be a stripped back, balls to the wall, 5 week festival of speed. 5 different cars tackling 5 tracks with 2 sprint rounds and 1 enduro. We are going to be pushing you to find your limits, and the limits of these automotive legends. Plus if you didn't qualify for the gamesmen.com.au prize draw last season, you will get another chance by competing in this season.

Open your calendar and mark down Monday the 13th of June. This allows a week off for final testing at the end of season 6, then straight back on the horse and we'll dive right into The VAJ Championship!

This is a short season and is allowing us to try a few things, so please don't be afraid to provide some feedback in this thread - good or bad, let us know. The main difference we will see this season is the trialing of Fixed Setups. Some of the forums best technicians have provided the setups, so all you need to do is get on the track and drive like a madman!! There will be a variety of cars and tracks unlike previous seasons, but again we will use this season to test these cars for season suitability in the future.

There will still be an individual and team championship, so as always no matter what the situation, you are always racing for something. It will never be dull in the VAJ boys.

And there you have it, put you name down below and get yourself involved. We are hoping to keep the 2 rooms going so spread the word and let's fill these grids.

For those who are new to our events please provide your Steam GUID when you sign up, and it would be helpful to send me a FR on steam - anon_666.

Race Schedule:
    Tracks can be found below.
    NB: Fixed starting fuel level is also what you will qualify on.

Round 1. Toyota AE86 Tuned (Setup)
    13/06/2016 - Tor Poznan
    25 Laps. Fuel burn @ 100% - Fixed starting fuel level = 30L
    Tyre wear @ 150%, damage @ 50%.
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 30, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 25.

Round 2. McLaren 650S GT3
    setup link, https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0m6sozgqkj9rod/McLarensilverstone.ini?dl=0

20/06/2016 - Silverstone GP
    2 x 9 Laps (Sprint). Fuel burn @ 100% - Fixed starting fuel level = 30L
    Tyre wear @ 100%, damage @ 50%.
    Time of day 13:00. Weather: Clear. Base Am Temp = 30, Base Rd Temp = 15. Variations = 1, 1.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 97, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 10.

Round 3. Lotus 49 (Setup)
    27/06/2016 - Monza 1966
    Laps 33. Fuel burn @ 100% - Fixed starting fuel level = 55L
    Tyre wear @ 110%, damage @ 20%.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 96, Random = 1, Transfer = 70, LTI = 13.

Round 4. MX-5 Cup (Setup)
    04/07/2016 - Tsukuba
    2 x 19 Laps (Sprint). Fuel burn @ 100% - Fixed starting fuel level = 18
    Tyre wear @ 100%, damage @ 50%.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 10.

Round 5. Audi R8 LMS Ultra (Setup)
    11/07/2016 - Circuit De La Sarthe
    15 Laps. Fuel burn @ 180% - Fixed starting fuel level = Full Tank.
    Tyre wear @ 130%, damage @ 50%.
    Dynamic Track: Custom - Start = 95, Random = 1, Transfer = 50, LTI = 15.

All rounds will see the server open at 8.30pm AEDT, with qualifying beginning at 9pm. There will be 10-15 mins of qualifying depending on the track being run, ie longer track = longer qual, then straight into the race. Each race (bar the 2 sprint rounds) will have a compulsory pit stop unless specifically stated.

The points system will be managed by our masters of charts, and will be posted within this post and updated weekly. The points will be distributed as per below:
    1st-25; 2nd-20; 3rd-15; 4th-13; 5th-11; 6th-10; 7th-9; 8th-8; 9th-7...15th-1.
    This season will also see us using a bonus point system with Fastest Lap (FL) and Most Consistent (MC) for each room gaining an extra point. ie Win+MC+FL=27 points for the round. MC will be as per simresults, with consistency scores averaged across sprint rounds for determining overall MC.

NB there is a slight change in the drop round rules this season. Drivers must race in round 1 to use it as a drop round.

The sprint round this season will see a full qual session for the first race, and a hot lap qual for race 2. The points will be distributed to each driver for both races to come up with placings for the entire round. Where 2 drivers finish on the same points, the driver who finishes in a higher place over the 2 races will be given the higher placing. Where this is the same, the driver with the fastest lap over the 2 races will finish in the higher position for the round.

Success Ballast System:

We have experimented with a success ballast system and is continues to be shaped as each season goes on. We are running a slightly modified version this season, but as always we are hoping to keep the racing close.

Here is the system for this season:

First = 30kg
    Second = 20kg
    Third = 10 kg

The maximum ballast any driver can carry is 45kg. Your penalty is carried over 2 races, but is halved in the second race. Eg - Finish 2nd, carry 20kg into the next race. Then finish 3rd, carry 20kg into the next race. And so on. You must attend the race to have your ballast halved, which means if you miss a round your ballast will be sitting there waiting in the back of your VAJ rocket the next time you race.

If there are enough drivers to run divisions within the rooms, then the ballast is only delivered to the top 3 drivers in each room, not in each division.

Drivers:

Maxi VAJ Room -
    1. Anon
    2. Tovey
    3. QC
    4. Casper
    5. Cherno
    6. ShaunA
    7. Krunch
    8. Steve Crossland
    9. Koastr
    10. Cooper
    11. Pringles
    12. Stiggy
    13. Rotor
    14. BJ
    15. Carlos
    16. Jc1186
    17. Mael
    18. Internet Veteran

Mini VAJ Room -
    1. Peter Wise/Copper
    2. DarrenO
    3. Cyber
    4. Slideways
    5. Skywalker
    6. Gratulin
    7. Driftoz
    8. Dave Brister
    9. Pete
    10. Flattop
    11. Rob A
    12. Disturboed
    13. Shampoo
    14. Loris P
    15. Doublevision
    16. Zampli
    17. Wookie
    18. Pavlov

NB. Drivers who wish to be included in the prize draw at the end of the season need to compete in 4 races during this season and fulfil all other requirements found here.

Teams:

The top 5 drivers from each team across both rooms will have their points collated and used in the Teams Championship. Points will be allocated to the top 15 place-getters as per above.

I will start a private convo out the back for each team so you guys can discuss set ups, strategies, skins, etc. NB - Below is season 5 teams and captains, this will be updated once the final driver list has been confirmed.

The Turtle Beachers:
    Captain - Koastr
    Drivers - Driftoz, PeteC, Krunch, Steve Crossland, QC, DarrenO, Rob A, Loris Prost
    Skins for all cars Dazza, and K-Dog

The Hi-Tec Oilers:
    Captain - Cherno
    Drivers - Cooper, Casper, TheStig13, Pringles, Shampwho, Dave Brister, Skywalker, Gratulin, Wookie
    Skins for all cars Stiggicasso.

The Pagnian Importinators:
    Captain - Tovey
    Drivers - Mael, Rotor, Carlos, BJmatho, Flattop/Bruce Rook, Disturboed, Doublevision, Pavlov
    Skins for all cars - Tovetello

The Gamesmen Men:
    Captain - Anon
    Drivers - Cyber, Zampli, Shaun A, Peter Wise, JC1186, Slideways, Internet Veteran
    Skins for all Cars Shaun A Warhol.

Teamspeak details can be found here.

If you wish to run your own skin, great. We would love to see the teams running their own skins again this season. Please let me know and share your skin with us by 10pm on the Sunday night prior to round 1.

Thanks lads, I'm really looking forward to getting into the VAJ and I hope you guys are too. Remember also, you should only sign up if you are willing to go all in, we don't want people getting all excited and then pulling out at the last second.

See you on the black stuff boys!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2016
    c4rLo5, Cyber_STIG_77 and Cherno like this.
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Put me on the list @Anon666. Hopefully I can make more races in S7 as this format looks awesome :thumbsup:
    Anon666 likes this.
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    Sign me up looking forward to getting back on the tarmac. :coffee:
    Anon666 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    As always I have your charts covered
    Cherno and Anon666 like this.
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

wow, yes pls
    Anon666 likes this.
  6. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Oh my lordy........................ :confused::eek::speechless::unsure::cautious::rolleyes::thumbsup:
    Cherno and zampli like this.
  7. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Im in @Anon666 .. :)

Just some feedback, My only thing i can fault or are not a fan since ive been here.... Im not a fan of the high tyre wear at 250-275%. I'd rather see it at 150-175 and still have 1 Compulsory stop for tyres (least theres no advantage as everyone has to pit). With fixed setup and making it about the Driver and being able to push without worrying about tyres.

On regarding Skins for the Cars, Im happy to do a skin for the Team TB for ea car I'll get started.
    KoAStR and Anon666 like this.
  8. Casper

Casper Rookie

Sounds great @Anon666.
    Can you let me know what the start time is please?
    I'm in please.
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Anon666 likes this.
  9. Mael

Mael Professional

As usual :D
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, will decide on the tyre wear over the next week or so. As per the OP there will be compulsory pits for the non-sprint races, so irrelevant of tyre wear you'll need to pit. Fuel levels will be locked as part of the fixed setup, but it's up to you to put fuel in during the race. Anyway, watch this space.

Thanks for the skins man, they're awesome. If anyone else wants to put their hands up to do some skins let is know, maybe a few simple base skins and sticker swap for each team?? 5 cars is a lot, so no stress, I expected that we wouldn't have skins for each race.
    DarrenO likes this.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey @Casper , my Mondays have been a bit sh1t lately so I am aiming to open the room at 8.30, but official Qual won't start until 9pm AEST. Which is 7pm in the west if my maths is ok. This means the race will kick off around 9.15pm. Will make it late for the Kiwi's sadly, but if I'm a bit late and the server is being a pain (which hasn't happened for a while now - touch wood!!), then we still have some time up our sleeves to sort it out.
    DarrenO likes this.
  12. DarrenO

DarrenO Team Driver

Anon666 likes this.
  13. Casper

Casper Rookie

Sorry for the Kiwi's but that's great for me.
    Definitely in. Means I have to buy the Jap pack which I had sworn I wouldnt do.
    By the way I am glad you said mathS. Struggling with the math Americanisation which is creeping in :eek:
    Anon666 likes this.
  14. slideways

slideways New Recruit

Yep. Count me in. Sounds like fun...:)
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Not to mention if you become part of the teams championship having 8 teams.........
    Anon666 likes this.
  16. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

In. :)

Dear god man why? At $6 I know its expensive but some of the best cars relased for AC in the pack imo. That Time Attack Supra is mental and the MX-5 is sublime. RX-7 and 370z are my two new favourite cars in AC I think.

@Anon666 lol VAJ.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  17. Casper

Casper Rookie

Its certainly not the money. I think what AC charges for DLC's is very reasonable. Half a pint of beer for all the fun !!
    Its just that it's more road cars on top of already lots of road cars available in AC. I know they are fun but enough already .... Would have been first to buy if it had the Toyota LMP car.
  18. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

Yeah I'd like some more race cars too but im a bit of a jap car nerd so it was an insta buy for me. Atleast you get one little race car with it in the MX-5 cup car which is great fun too. I hope they keep the theme DLC packs coming to beef up the number of different cars for each class. A full LMP1 or BTCC pack would be awesome.
  19. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Count me in.
    I can also do some skins, I'll get to work on the Gamesmen first.
    Anon666 likes this.
  20. Casper

Casper Rookie

For sure. I would be thrilled with with either of those :thumbsup: