ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have put up the practice servers and as both Thursday and next Monday being at Spa with the 2.4hr next Monday server 1 is open practice 3hr session only with no race. Its set to Sunday in the server so should have some grip in the track and weather as it will be for the race with 10x time scale.

The Thursday server is setup as the regular sprint race practice 10q 20r with also 10x time scale for anyone that wants some shorter race practice.
  2. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I did 47 laps so that bit is correct, first 5 finished on the lead lap, 6th-10th 1 lap down, 11th 2 laps down, 12-13th 3 laps down
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Well done @Captain Barracuda for the win and @andyo450 and M.Jorgensen for the place
    Also sorry for the bump Jorgensen... glad it didn't throw ur night out too badly and u recovered the lost places!
    Was really enjoying the battle up to that point!

Certainly feel like a sense of accomplishment completing those big events!
    I think all of us will be primed and ready when some long enduro events come up...

Bentley is a good work horse, but just doesn't have the legs down the straight at PR so would never really give the Merc or Audi a real run here...

Bring on Spa! Bentley is very good there...
    Though I've seen Merc get into the 2.16's so in the right hands that will probably be the car to be in I think for Spa (if u don't like the Bentley :p
    krunch and Flamebadger like this.
  4. Rolz

Oh forgot to share this... the old heart gets a workout over the 90min :p
    [​IMG]
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I remember years ago I wore a heart monitor on my chest one race, and my pulse went up to 106 just sitting on the starting grid, waiting for the start.

@Mat Nipperess what do you guys race in real life?

What time are we looking to start next Monday?
  6. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

No worries! The fight was a lot of fun. Think some ACC netcode probably influenced the bump - I noticed every time we were side by side on the Mistral there was a little warping/rubber banding despite our low pings, so that probably contributed to that gap disappewring before you expected!
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think 7.30 est for race or for the 10 min qualy, can people make this start time?

2.4hrs would be a 144 minutes race so should finish earlier then the 1.5hr 90 minute races we have done 8:30 qualy start.
    Mat Nipperess likes this.
  8. Rolz

Yeah I'm racing on mobile data atm as my interwebs at the new place still isn't hooked up... :(
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Sounds like a missed another great race last night guys - well done to the Captain once again, to all that participated and especially anyone who made it to the finish line - definitely an achievement!

Hey mate, can I get a look at those .jsons please?

Have half completed a log in system with various user levels (admin, league admin, driver) and been working away at building ERD's for a fairly complete stats database, and blocking out various pages at the results site. Slow work with only about 30 minutes to throw at it each day and also I don't want to spend much time on refining it too much just yet as I know the .json will have a fair amount of structural changes next update. Progress is happening in the background. If you visit the other links, please don't be scared (or scarred) by the bad presentation - I will do the styling last of all once functionality is in. Will possibly hide all of the in development stuff behind the admin log in soon anyway.
  10. Rolz

@SteveDrivingSlowly I shared zip files in discord and tagged u there :thumbsup:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

thanks mate will check when I get home :)
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Works for me. That's the earliest I could start.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

7:30 should be doable for me
  14. Rolz

I'll have to dip into Brownie points fund for a 7:30pm race start... and that fund is pretty low these days :oops:
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

No issues for me
  16. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

I've been racing karts for 22 years. Went all the way to the shifter kart class (pictured in my avatar), but, an injury to my neck put an end to that, so, now I race 4 strokes and endurance karts and also dabble in a bit of 2 wheel action at track days on my CBR 600.

Chris used to race, but, stopped about 10 years ago to pursue other interests.
    Rolz likes this.
  17. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I had a lot of fun last night despite coming home last of the finishers :). I hadn't even intended to do the race to be honest as I was a bit tired, but it was so enjoyable I just kept going! As a result though I didn't have any pitstop strategy organised and managed to do my stop with no fuel being added - oops. A slow fuel-conserving lap later I pitted again and got me some fuel :)

The first half of the race was the most fun, where I had multiple battles with some old foes as well as some of the new guys. I made some passes, made some mistakes and fell back, made passes, got hit and fell back and so on but it was really cool :). After the double pitstop I was racing alone so it was good to see how I coped with a lonely nighttime stint.

My replay autosave failed again and I didn't get to save my replay manually as the session ended before I finished my final lap. @marty @Rolz maybe we need a bit more time at the end of a race? If anyone's got a saved replay could they please post it here?
    marty and Rolz like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will make sure I add more post race time for the next races. We can make this quite long for race nights at least on the single race longer sessions. With some hope there will be an update by next Monday and at least auto save will work.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Rolz and krunch like this.
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Saving post race will only get you the last 60 mins or so (i tried manual save post race last night and didn't get the whole race). I can help with the last ~57 minutes of the race if someone else has a replay of the first half.

Currently the only way to get a replay of >60 min race is the manually save prior to the first 60 minutes and again at the end. Ctrl M is the keybinding to do this, unfortunately I forgot to save mid race last night.
    krunch likes this.
  20. Slasher

Slasher New Recruit Gold Member

Hi Marty, I use to race on here a couple of years ago and was wondering if I could get into the Monday and Thursday night servers.
    Steam ID# 76561198081634915
    Steam name - Slasher
    Name Rob Sciglitano
    krunch and Hatfield like this.