ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Wednesday race night server is up with 60 minute practice, I took down the other ROOZ servers to avoid confusion for people wanting to join in tonight.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Nice one marty, lets hope we see a few new faces
    marty likes this.
  3. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

Ahhh bugger Wednesday's are family night!! Might have to try to get into the Monday enduros for a bit then!
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its possible when @Rolz makes a return he may run Thursdays again and I may still run a Wednesday as he cant do Weds and I cant do Thurs nights always.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

When is ol Roland coming back?
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all that raced tonight, we did get a couple of new OS guys this time but maybe they were Aussies as our pings are sometimes worse then Europe. :thumbsdown::roflmao:

Race results in a warm and sometimes wet Silverstone tonight.
    FP1
    [​IMG]
    Q1
    [​IMG]
    R1
    [​IMG]
    Q2
    [​IMG]
    R2
    [​IMG]
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

Well done @Captain Barracuda and Frost - good wins!

Great races as always, thanks gents!
    krunch and marty like this.
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yep great fun last night!

A short bit of dry practice was just so helpful when a damp Q1 arrived :p Then it got a bit wetter...

I gambled on slicks for R1 as I hoped it might clear up a bit but alas no. Things didn't start well as I copped a tap in T2 which sent me off into the wall causing some light damage. Even so the Audi wasn't too bad to drive in those conditions and I enjoyed dancing the car around the track. There were a few more minor offs but I learned where the limits were and it kept things exciting on a lonely wet track.

I think Q2 was fully wet IIRC and led to nothing special from me :unsure:

R2 was dry whaa...? bit of a shock to actually have grip again and it was fun pushing for faster lap times. The field spread quickly and I was lapping solo for most of the race. Didn't have great pace and a recovering Frost eventally caught me. After a short battle he got through and I consolidated in 5th. Unfortunately he ran out of fuel on the last lap (been there myself) and gave 4th back to me.

Looking forward to hopefully getting bigger grids and finding ourselves in battles all through the field. On that note I think we might need to look at some different formats and race lengths and maybe get some polz going on the forum to see what peeps want?

Personally I'm not keen on races of more than 1 hour. For AC we used to run a 45min race each week with the occasional 90 min enduro thrown in. To me that was spot on. I love ACC so hopefully we can find the right formats to get people back racing here again :). I'm also happy to do more AC stuff for some non-GT variety too.
    c4rLo5, KoAStR and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

I love ACC and am happy happy to race any length, car or track combo, but that said also totally happy to do some AC once in a while for a break - tbh when i bought my gear i got ac, acc, dr2.0 and f1 2019 and have hardly done anything other than acc - so would be happy to give it a proper go!
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sounds like a plan format wise to put some polz up, my thoughts on a proper season would be a mix of Sprints and Enduro rounds as they were raced at each track during the season.

The race lengths we can decide and for Sprints I think 1hour with a pit window same as the real races but if people wanted shorter races we could always drop to 45 minutes. Enduro's then would be either 2hrs or 90 minutes with a possibly longer race for Spa. Once ACC actually gets pit windows in mp to work then sprint races will be doable, if we could have driver swaps then 2hr Enduro's could be an option for more. Those that don't want to run more then 1hr could team up and share overall points between them. Those that want to run longer could do these solo and season points could even be split into Sprint/Enduro/Overall and have Pro, Pro Am or AM classes within this if we get enough entrants and find some way of rating all to each class.

@SteveDrivingSlowly is doing good work on getting up results and statistics web pages for us all still early WIP. But Acc still needs a few updates to really get a proper league season and hopefully when that happens numbers will also grow a bit more. Even for Monday fun runs we could change up these formats up more if people feel they arent too keen on Enduro's most weeks.

The next Monday will be 90 minutes at Silverstone (aussie server) and the following Wednesday the 2x 30 minute sprints at Paul ricard (Singapore server) which will also be the next Monday track but format can be up for discussion.

Unfortunatly at the Kunos forum they moved the Singapore Wednesdays thread to out main league thread which I didn't want to use as there is no discussion in that forum section. I wanted to try and get some discussion on using more centralized servers and more open scheduled races but cant really do much in that hidden away forum section.
  11. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I for one really enjoy the longer 90 min or 2 hr races. That's what ACC's all about, for me. It allows for better time of day transitions without big time multipliers, better weather transitions, rewards stamina and consistency.
  12. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Hey, all, sorry for the long absence. Life has been pretty busy for me, but, planning to make a comeback next week for the Endurance races. Any idea on which track we'll be on?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  13. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Monday night will be at Silverstone. 90 minutes I believe.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes some work is required on formatting hahahahahaha
  16. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Hey boys I I haven't died lol but I have decided to give iracing a crack as the drop in numbers was not giving me any one I could keep up with. I'll keep an eye on a league in case. Last night ran in the Aussie mixed and fixed gte/gt3 and it was just awesome with around 50 cars
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The main reason numbers are down is because people choose not to race because numbers are down dropping numbers even more. Its not saying anything against your decision but with quite a few making that same choice numbers will only keep dropping. ;)

I ran a bit on our servers during the week and outside of the 2 race nights I dont think I saw another Rooz guy in a server, no surprise it was pretty quiet. Yesterday I had a couple races with about 10 others in our Singapore server and with numbers considerably down atm maybe even this Monday we can try run the race from the Singapore server to get a boost in numbers seeing there are very few locals keen on racing now.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Are the guys thinking of racing tonight against the idea of running it from a Singapore server? If we set a an entry long practice session and pronote this a little its likely we can get a few more especially as its a longer race. However last Wednesday we didnt get many others join but Mondays weve had more Europeans join and had to kick them due to 300+ pings. In the Singapore Azure server these guys may have pings under 200 so for a longer race can boost the field a little.

Who knows if enough start to race it may even entice more regular locals back, but going on current numbers dropping from an Aussie server wed be lucky to get 8 for tonights race.
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

It's worth a shot, so long as pings are OK.
  20. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Yeah fair call I thought the same thing it's a compounding issue for sure. Seems in general AC and acc numbers are low which is disappointing as the sim is great.