ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We are currently limited to just using the few logos they have included and large choice of colours with 3 or 4 colour patterns per car. Im sure at some point we will be able to add custom logos or even full custom skins for league use but not possible at the moment.

This guide explains how and what you can do with skins currently, there will be a skin editor ingame at some point but hasnt been included in early access oh I mean v1.0ea :D

http://felixdicit.com/change-livery-in-acc/
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    Mat Nipperess and Rolz like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

ATM ur locked in to using supplied sponsors... look for my ACC livery thread for info
    Mat Nipperess likes this.
  3. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Sound like a web dev to me! Stacked overflow daily. I've got small web experience too so if you get stuck on something there's a small chance I can help. I actually started a web app project for Rooz ACC but I got distracted straight away and have been focusing on trying to learn solidity :whistling:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Sounds good mate will hit you up if I get stuck!
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

1 cool thing with the ACC skin method even if its a bit limited and quite a hack with no GUI method and limited sponsors. You can set the server to allow you to join with any car and it will use your colour combo on it, doesnt seem to work with the lexus but is ok with all other cars atm.

If anyone wants a skin in the server go to this thread. then either make your own car.json or pick a colour combo and main sponsor and I can add it to the server. Keep the skin choice and such discussion in that thread too as we dont need that much of it in this main Fun Run thread.
    jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  6. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

Hi guys, any chance of joining in for a race or two?
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yea no problem servers are open at SA75 3 medals, if you dont meet this send me a pm with your steam GUID and I will add you to the server entry list to get you in.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race server is up now with practice 30 minutes then the 2x qualy and 2x races.
  9. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

Good race last night! A miscalculation on fuel in race one and a spin and damage in race 2 meant it was a bit quiet for me, but thoroughly enjoyed the battles i was involved in. Shuttleworth (I think), sorry for the incident at turn one in race one around 3 laps in. Thought i had the cross back on you
    marty likes this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was some fun racing last night, pretty tight in qualy only a few tenths in the top 5 or so for both sessions.

Race 1 the pole guy just took off lol so I kind of had to try chase him down a little so it was a pretty terrible formation and not really the fairest start for all. I heard some cars were trying to mate on the grid too so seems we need to run multi session weekends with locked entry in race. I assume this was because some joined and didnt have a qualy time, really odd issue still as youd think the game could figure out to put any new car in any other grid spot without a car already. ;)

I did chase the leader in the lambo down, sorry cant remember his name now but I raced with him a couple nights in the practice server and he did fairly well then. I had a run on him into t1 and was inside, checking the replay I had a tiny front lock which pushed me a few centimetres wider off the apex. At the time I wasn't sure if he turned in on me or I ran a bit deep, seems he left just enough space but I needed just a bit more so sorry for the tap. :oops:

After that I saw Andy was hanging on in the Mclaren, I had reasonable pace but this may have been because I loaded a setup from the practice races which was 20 minutes so I was 10 minutes short on fuel. I tried saving fuel on the slowest map and it was saving some and I stayed ahead but it was a bit frustrating and I was still going to be 2 laps short so I went in and topped up.

Came out last of those still running I think and went as hard as I could to make some spots, passed a couple but near the end my mate from earlier in the race had a pretty nasty track rejoin straight into my path that pretty much destroyed my car. Dragged the bits to the line still.

Race 2 starting in 4th I think was going to be a bit trickier, @andyo450 had a good getaway even though it was 3 wide into t1 and I considered making it 4. :D Somehow all got around and then we just chased each other down. The Lambo ate a sausage at the chicane a few laps in then @Captain Barracuda bounced off a curb a few laps later. It was just Andy ahead now and I wasnt sure how much pace the mclaren would have. I was maybe 2 seconds down with 2 odd minutes to go, then went 100% on the limit qualy style laps and maybe gained .5 over the stint to follow him home. Was some great racing there even if there was no close combat, a tiny error costing a tenth could be seen visually then at the end as our tyres were fading there were a few more slides but still we pretty much matched lap times to the finish.

Here is a video of that race which for some reason failed to upload but hopefully will finish this time around.

Monday fun run will be at Monza, 90 minutes of fun or pain for those that dont seem to like Monza much.

Next Thursday Im not sure of the track yet, server is auto rotating or at least is meant to be. So it will be one of those. :D
    Ozglenn, Rolz and Chris Nipperess like this.
  11. Imad

Imad New Recruit

Hi Folks
    I am new to sim racing and not sure if joining these races is appropriate, I watched the videos and got excited and was wondering if it is ok to join these races as a rookie. I have done a few races in iracing, mainly skip barber and not much else, my experience with setups or pit startegies and longer races (more than 20 mins) is minimal.
    If you think I should look elsewhere it would be appreciated if you can direct me to an appropriate league as all is this is new to me.
    Thank you
  12. Rolz

Hi @Imad!
    We let all have a go! That’s the great thing about ACC with difference classes you can have battles with ppl in your class!
    Pop ur steam ID into the Steam ID thread... will be in same folder as this thread.
    Same with discord, connect up... there are usually a few ppl on most nights and all too happy to discuss what u need to get going!
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hey mate! Welcome! I am also a massive noob and these guys have been very welcoming to me, I am learning a lot racing with them! Come and race with me at the back!
    Chris Nipperess and Rolz like this.
  14. Imad

Imad New Recruit

Thanks mate, I will get onto this and see how it all goes, looking forward to racing with community rather than solo which gets boring after a while.

Hey Steve, looking forward to racing with you mate, is this fixed setups, did you manage to learn as you go or is it overwhelming at first?
    Cheers
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Anyone is welcome here, really only thing we look for is someone that trys to race clean and keep the racing fun for all. All different levels of experiance here and everyone has to start somewhere so even the most experianced guys werent born experianced. We are still just at the test8ng stage with ACC as we are missing key features we need for a proper season so its just more scheduled casual one off fun runs with some longer races. 90 minutes Tuesdays and 2x 30 minute sprints on Thursdays.

Setup wise the base setups in ACC are pretty decent and I run mostly agressive with minor tweaks and can be fairly competitive with that.

The safe setups are only a few tenths slower usually and quite a bit easier to drive generally. Plenty of cars to choose too so its not too hard to find one thays nice for you and all can be fairly competitive once ypu get the hang of them.

Theres usually some guys on the raceonoz servers most nights. If you jump on discord and see others in there they will likely be in one of the servers. Most will be happy to help with any questions there.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hey mate, it can be a bit overwhelming - especially coming from zero sim racing at all to this - but you can certainly learn as you go. Ive been doing this for about 6 weeks in total, ACC for maybe half that and I go through frustrating phrases and elated phases - still much slower than the fast guys here but I am getting quicker and much more consistent, which is the key. You can definitely learn as you go - just stuck at it and dont expect to be at the front from day 1.

Set-ups wise I usually the aggressive pre-sets and tweak abs, tc and brake bias based on conditions. Tyre pressures are probably the most important thing to try and get right for each session as they make a massive difference.for me it is not worth tweaking much more until I can be sure the problem is not my driving!!!
    tezpez85, Rolz, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

Talking of set-ups - watch this!!! Amazing interview with Kurt Thiim (Nicki's dad) about his DTM

!
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry guys I missed tonight, got unexpectedly held up at work. Thanks to @Rolz for getting it up and running at very late notice.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and nanlatt like this.
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

No worries Marty, Rolz looked after us no problem. I missed seeing your brake lights disappearing into the distance, but there is always next time.

That was my longest ever race and I’m just happy to have finished - very challenging and enjoyable. Really need to practice with a full tank more - very different car in that state. I really like this race format - what a great game with so much depth.
    c4rLo5, Rolz, marty and 1 other person like this.
  20. Rolz

So what was the result in the end? @SteveDrivingSlowly should I send the results.json file for u to work ur magic on?

I haven't rage quit in a while but last night was certainly a good one :D

Got struck by my pit hoodoo again... I came in a bit early to see if changing to more pressured tires would give me better times... was way off the pace with hot track / full tank setup... for some reason pit limiter turned off after fuel/tire change when I started motor, so got slapped with drive through, so came in to do penalty and i started car, then turned it off by accident and it pulled me back in to add more fuel again so i was almost a min behind the next person... was furious... it shouldn't be that difficult but seems to be for me... :cry:

Well I'm out now until I'm fully in at my new house... disassembly has begun! More of an effort than I thought lol
    [​IMG]
    krunch, c4rLo5, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.