ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have setup the 2 Aussie servers with 01 being the same regular sprint practice as usual and 02 as the race server will be setup but with a longer 120 min practice starting at 4pm game time same as the race will start. Server 2 will be restarted at 8pm AEST into a shorter 30 minute practice but leaving the long open practice will allow anyone wanting to run some laps before hand without being stuck into short qualy and short race format if they don't want to do any race practice.
    Godzilla likes this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

My net was out for a couple hours earlier so I missed getting in before the start - sucks as I put in quite a bit of practice at the weekend!!

Hope you all have a great race anyway, enjoy it!
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results from the 2hrs at Nurburgring, congrats to all that made the distance. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Coming 3rd was a great result for me, albeit in a depleted field, but hey, I'll take it.

The Audi felt really good. I only had a couple of very early incidents at turn 2, where the car was oversteering a bit, and when I tried to correct the oversteer, it bit hard and jerked hard the other way, spinning me off the track. I'm not sure setup wise why it does that... it needs a softer something, maybe rollbar?

I started with a full tank, banking on a shorter stop, which helped me undercut A. Vanderley I think it was, and gain 1 position.
    marty and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  5. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    That was a fun race!

I missed qualifying and just managed to select my setup and put some fuel in before the race started (took too long eating dinner haha). Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to how much extra fuel I put in, so when I stopped with about an hour and 5 minutes to go, I mis-calculated and was short by 2 laps (about 7 litres....).

So I pitted again with about 3 minutes to go needing only a splash of fuel... and I binned it on pit entry. Whoops.
    marty, nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was a good test running 2 hrs there, I had a pretty good battle with @Godzilla who did get me to t1 which is fairly expected in the Porsche as its a bit down on power. Was not going to be an easy pass but I tried to put as much pressure on as possible hopefully forcing an error. As it was borderline to even make it on one stop at full power I ran all but a couple laps in the first stint at a more conservative ECU mode.

Surprisingly its only about .3 to .5 per lap slower but goes from 3.5L per lap to 3.1L per lap and this allowed me to run 1hr 15minutes. I then added enough fuel to go full power to the end as I had a bit of a gap before the stop.

A bit of a shame about the depleted field but hopefully we get a few more guys back for future races and for Wednesdays will run from a Singapore server so possibly get a few more in. I will try set open practice sooner so maybe people will see the server in the list.

Next rounds will be at Silverstone, should be a much more enjoyable track since the curbs fix as it was one the of the most brutal there before. Monday will be 90 minutes unless people would prefer the 2hr enduro's but I was thinking of the longer ones once a month.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Really pissed I missed it last night. Congrats Marty on the win and to all who gave it a crack, especially those who made it to the end.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Try a stiffer front rebound. Probably fast rebound but play with both.
    Wally likes this.
  9. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Was good to try a 2 hour stint, not sure I would want to go too much longer without handing the car (hopefully in one piece) over to someone else. Well done @marty on the win, great consistency and little to no mistakes. I think the race pace on a normal lap was there abouts for me but just too many mistakes here and there costing a few tenth each time. Then belting the pit wall added a heap of repair time and that was that.
    Start of the race was great though, hung around the outside in to t1 and being on the inside for the next two corners gave the advantage. Then a good battle for a while until the mistakes kicked in.

I seem to get a really good feeling in the car on lap 3 and 4 then it falls of a cliff but then slowly comes back, weird stuff, likely just me

Silverstone will be good, I don’t actually remember racing it any time recently so something different
    tezpez85 and marty like this.
  10. Wally

Wally Team Driver

It might be nice to actually have a sunny, daytime race some time too :)
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Silverstone ever seen one of those days? Haha
    tezpez85 and marty like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Silverstone was hot and sunny for the moto gp last weekend. I will try raise temps a bit on the server but really have very little control over the actual weather using the dynamic settings. Currently it seems at conservative levels its always a bit gloomy.

When testing higher dynamic settings produced more clear sky days but then also monsoons which are not raceable. Hopefully we get an update this week and there are some tweaks to the dynamic weather.

I prefer this over setting fixed weather as it can throw any testing people have done before the race into the bin and you need to adjust on the fly. ;)
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Yeah it's been very quiet again on the update front... Possibly now Minolin is now taking some time off?
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Either time off or the key things they were focusing on with hotfixes have been addressed. The connection and server stability is improved and 1.1 will likely be the 2019 update plus more feature updates. This would be all hands on deck and they know the issues they have, no core issues effecting a big percentage of users so hotfixes arent needed as much atm.
  15. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Did a public server race at Silverstone a few days ago. It was my first time on the track with the new tyre model and it's completely transformed it. Should be a fun race.
  16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

To boost numbers, are you guys able to convince the powers that be here to have a more prominent presence for ACC than just a single thread, such as a proper sub-forum? You want to get hits when people search for "australian assetto corsa competizione league", for example. At XGN, we get people stumbling by via Google just looking for an AC league.
    tezpez85, marty and Captain Barracuda like this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Maybe we just need to add ACC to this sub forum if there is no current AC stuff going on. No reason not to run both but if they had their own sub forums it wouldnt hurt. Im not really running AC much any more but if anyone wants to do something with it then servers can be setup and results are easy to get for it with tools we already have.

Regarding the Wednesday Sprints formerly Thursdays but moved currently while @Rolz is having a break and I cant make Thursdays. It seems current server build has broken the PQQRR format so it will now be PQRQR with a server reset for the second qualy and race with a very short practice session in between to let people join back and take a :poop: or whatever they need between races. :D
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Rolz, SteveDrivingSlowly and nanlatt like this.
  18. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

Hey all, I'm back from my 4 week hiatus. Has the sprint race been moved to Wednesdays?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes sprints are Wednesdays currently and we will run it from the Singapore Azure server to see if we can get some more people inside our ping limits. Most Aussies should be able to get under 100ms to these servers but depending on how :poop: your ISP routing is this can be a fair bit higher. @Godzilla is trying to get aussie ISP's with issues to sort their :poop: out on Whirlpool.

This week is 2x 30 minute races at Silverstone will be a qualy session before each race as the stacked session format we used in the past seems broken in current builds. Looking at how the weather ran on the servers last night there is a good chance of rain tonight but it will be dynamic and its actually set pretty conservative. Seems ACC understands it normally rains at Sipverstone.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive made a new thread at the Kunos forums to try drum up some more interest in the Singapore scheduled races tonight. https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...e-open-scheduled-wednesday-night-races.59963/

I will open practice at 7.30pm aest, will put my car in it to avoid the session restarting but wont join in til a bit later. Maybe get more enter if the server is up longer, I think for q2 and r2 we will just let the server go back to practice then skip this session to avoid people needing to rejoin.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.