ACC ACC interest on PS4

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Jun 12, 2020.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What’s an Xbox ?!
    fezza and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I think that's something cricketers wear? :whistling:
  3. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I do remember assetto corsa had no private lobbies and no support for the G29 on release but it was sorted after a couple of updates
    stucar17 likes this.
  4. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Sounds like a Web site we probably shouldn't be talking about in here lol
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  5. jamie_t

jamie_t Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    jamie-tc
    I was pretty excited for this but just got back from reading those threads on socials and feeling a bit disappointed about the private lobbies etc.

With that said, Stu put me down for a spot for when (if?) they introduce it in future updates!
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    That’s the real enemy
  7. Big_Amph

Big_Amph Rookie

I think I'll be down for this but i've never bought a game AT launch. I normally like to see how it goes, gets all the early patches out then i look at buying it once the inital hype goes down and it gets cheaper....

But man....

I might have to bite the bullet on this one...
  8. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I'm about the same - only a couple of games I've brought on launch - Crash Team Racing - God of War and now this. Quite looking forward to next Tuesday, watching the install and inevitable updates while I have a nice hot cuppa... Watching that first cinematic video (this is a MUST for me with any new game I get)... Oh I can't wait.
    incey likes this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Might be something a bit stronger for me. Especially if there is no Thrustmaster support!
    stucar17 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah, that is going to suck if that's the case...

@Mightymurph51 - has your mightyape order arrived? I brought a headset off there yesterday, and it arrived to me today, and I'm on the West Coast of the South Island... if you're still waiting for your order off them, I'd say the courier may have lost it...
  11. Big_Amph

Big_Amph Rookie

o_Oo_Oo_O

Oh there better be! can't imagine a full blown sim coming out without it!
  12. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    no TM support and private lobbies suck but I expected them to at least launch with both considering they had similar limitations with their first game, so not sure why they had to start with similar limitations for the 2nd game ‍o_O

I just hope the in-game visuals are a little more smoother than those vids, they looked stuttery
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Yeah, im spewing if not TM support...
    Never played AC1, so was keen to try it....Might be waiting a while
  14. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    @THE_UNDER_STUDY This is the ACC thread I was talking to you about. Could be interesting on launch, but discussion is here.
    THE_UNDER_STUDY likes this.
  15. Mightymurph51

Mightymurph51 Rookie

No TM support is that confirmed?
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Should work with D pad right? Seriously though, very little confirmed at this stage
  17. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

18. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    So the things I quite like about it so far - The sound of course - the automatic radar that comes up - the persistent fuel gauge which give you your laps remaining and litres - the red arrows on the screen showing you where the cars around you are - the "team manager" voice that comes through and gives you little bits of info etc - the tyre pressures/heat incl brakes - that being inside the car seems almost more natural then most other views available.

I can imagine though that voice that comes over telling you there's a car to the left/right could be annoying though if you were in a tight battle with someone.

I'm quite looking forward to this - Thanks Pengwing for sharing
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Im with you Xtr3me..... I think the basics of the game look really good.
    TBH, a lot of what it offers is also in PCARS with the Team manager stuff and car proximity stuff which works really well. The RS DASH app we all use in pcars also gives all that info including fuel burn, tyre temps, brake temps even right down to oil and water temps which (in PCARS) effects car performance. I hope ACC is the same.

The car sounds seem more in depth though than both pcars and GTS.
    All i need is support for Thrustmaster and then private lobbies and it might be a good thing if they add more content.
    I havent cancelled my order, ill wait for a few updates and see what happens, might play around on controller and learn some of the new tracks in Career and how the guts of the game works....

I still stink if we get enough that can use it (with wheel support) and private lobbies, a fortnightly team mate series will be the way to go while the majority of us race on the platform that gives us the most variety on a weekly basis.

Only a week to go till it lands, then we will know a lot more.
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  20. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I looked at getting Pcars the other day and it was pretty expensive lol - but I like that it has that much detail and really quite in depth. Maybe I should look into Pcars 3 when it comes out if that's the case.

Was thinking that though initially we may not be able to race together in private lobbies, could always do some form of time attack or something of the like while we get into the game
    stucar17 likes this.