ACC ACC Monday's Season 2 rnd 2 Monza 90 min Enduro 23rd March

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 17, 2020.

1. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

One thing to be aware of at t1 with the massive concertina thats gonna happen is it will probably drop you below the 50kmh TC threshold the cars have. Standing on the throttle will spin you out if it does.
  2. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

That's a very useful reminder, maybe an admin can spam that in the message box during the formation lap!
  3. T-86_RS

T-86_RS New Recruit

If anyone has some tips on setup and car choice in all ears. Been running stints in all the cars and having a hard time making a decision.

My biggest problems seem to be riding the kerbs. Corner exit and general understeer on the slow to medium speed turns.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Cars will be stronger at some tracks not as strong at others, the Merc seems very strong at Monza. It was very strong at most tracks last season;)

The 911 I tried just about everything in setup and found nothing from the initial setup I started with. Setup wise I just try and make it so I have confidence in pushing the car, I think without a draft Im pretty much at my limit in the Porsche at this track.

With low speed understeer its mostly technique and changes to brake balance and ABS will help a fair bit. The more ABS you use the longer the stopping distance but then use less and its more likely to lock an inside front. There I need to move bias back a bit and in the end for ultimate pace I use TC1/1 and ABS 1 in the porsche.

Really the only thing I am gaining on around the lap is pushing a bit harder and nailing my reference points, avoid sliding too much but I keep the car fairly loose needing to balance it with inputs.

Kerbs you just need to know which you can use and over high speed ones like at Ascari its just limiting steering lock as much as possible with also a slight lift if I am going to hit too much of them.
  5. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

andyo450, tezpez85, marty and 4 others like this.
  6. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Bugger....looks a nice place to be stuck though. Stay safe & see you back on track soon.
    TakFR likes this.
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

*everyone moves up 1 place*
  8. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

I didn't want to say anything.... :p
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@marty - My ping is a little higher than normal tonight.. Currently 230-260 at the moment when it should be 165 to OZ.. Hopefully you guys are OK with this and I can join in the fun..
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

See how you go, if its warping we will let you know. Give everyone a bit more room and if you see cars doing very weird stuff then you may need to park it. Hope it ends up ok for you so ypu can race.
    Coanda likes this.
  11. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

I should not have been on the track, just finished night shift, bugger all sleep travelling across the almost closed borders... all day... Very sorry Freeland and one other for wiping you guys out, missed brake marker completely and went left instead of right trying to avoid you guys. Many other little mistakes, accidentally released pit speed limit in pits, stop/go....quietly leaving very disappointed with myself... Again sorry guys.
    Also my least favourite track for some reason...
    krunch likes this.
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Well, that was a joke. Someone behind me at the start was a bit too keen to squeeze into a gap as I was crossing the start line on the opening lap and put me into the wall where I spun into other traffic. Car was wrecked, and I had to Esc to the pits for lengthy repairs. Great start to a 90 min race. But I did have fun in the latter stages when I was able to fight for position a bit. Ever the optimist, on to next week...
  13. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

For real the only reason I'm on podium :laugh: That Merc was fire.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    marty and andyo450 like this.
  14. T-86_RS

T-86_RS New Recruit

Trial by fire. Pretty happy to stay with my group at the edge of the top 10 till the stops, was close hard racing. Screwed the pitstop tho, was holding up someone that was lapped, got unlapped in Parabolica as i was wanting to come in. Forgot the limmiter wont go on in 2nd, maange to mix up my starter and igition buttons wasting about another 5 - 8 seconds, get the stop sorted, go around do the drive through and come home in a decent 16th still.

Happy with that, could have been a heap better though, but im glad i didnt make any driving mistakes really, no spins, half spins or off tracks / contact or anything, not bad for my first real AC race.

Definately looking forward to some sprint racing though and a track that needs some downforce. Onwards!
    marty and andyo450 like this.
  15. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

I've got some apologies of my own to make.
    Firstly to J. Smith.
    Sorry mate for that early race contact that punted you off the track. I was really filthy with myself about that one. My only excuse is that I was not expecting you to hit the slow down pedal when you did and by the time I reacted it was too late.

Secondly to K.Smith,
    My apologies about our first incident. I was too greedy on the curbing coming out of Ascari and lost it right in front of you.
    As far as our second incident though, while yes I did slightly lose control coming into the Lesmos i did correct myself sufficiently enough to be dead straight, accelerating and right up against the line separating track from grass. Somehow we came together at that point. I don't know how as my wheel was dead straight at the time

I promise guys to practice more for next week so I can hopefully iron out these kinks.
    andyo450 and AeroDynamicMilk like this.
  16. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

It was a good race and good battles except for the unfortunate contact. Regards to the second incident, there was a car a lap ahead right on my arse so I tried to give way to him and thought I was ahead of you but my rear bumper hit your front. So I apologise for that (although I wish you had damage after the ascari incident like I did :p)

But this race is one to forget for me
    andyo450 likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results will be up a little later, as some error has come up.

Thanks all for the racing and well done to @andyo450 for the win @tezpez85 for the podium.

Was an interesting race, seemed my car was pretty decent on race pace in practice and I ran a bit lighter first stint to maybe make some spots. I managed to work my way from 4th to 1st in about 30 minutes. Then the stop I made a small mess of pressing the wrong ignition button. :mad: Maybe only cost me a second or 2, then as I exited I saw Andy was only a couple seconds down. My car still felt good but took a few laps to get to pressures and I was a bit heavier then first stint, we were trading qua'ly laps for 15 minutes or so then I noticed I was getting some brake fade.

It was getting pretty bad with 10 minutes to go and Andy was all over me with Terry coming close as I held Andy up. I guess my first test on pad 1 wasn't a great choice even though the car was really good until they started to fade. Was a pretty cool feeling just not so cool knowing it was unlikely I would hold on for the win. Terry took a big dive a couple laps to go which worked out well as it gave me enough of a gap to nurse the car home.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will take a look at the start and see if any penalty should be given there but we also have the penalty and protest area where anyone that thinks something should be looked at check that thread out and it will be looked at during the week.
  19. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Another interesting race from me. Honda much more competitive here it seemed than at Zolder. Discovered some pace i did not know I had in the Honda Civic Type R in practice hitting in a 1.48.1 I think it was. That's only about 3 tenths slower than my fastest time at Monza in the 2018 Boatley (still miss my boat). Managed to get close to that again in quali and started up near the big guns. Just kept my nose clean and didnt race the pro class too hard early doors. Settled into a rhythm, or so I thought.

And then I let my concentration slip and had a hard off into the wall at Ascari. Severe damage but nothing like last week where I totalled the Civic. Had to run around 2 secs a lap slower because i wouldn't be able to fill the fuel tank to get me home if I pitted so early, so started slipping back fast. Got my stop in around the hour mark and had 29 seconds of repairs.

From there, the car didnt seem quite the same as at the start but at least I had top speed back. Although that could just be the fact I had to run an hour on tyres with a very heavy car. Thus started a charge through the field from I think p25 through to a p9 finish, where I managed to take, I think, the silver class win by passing Steve on the last lap when he went a little wide at Lesmo 1. Real tough break for him but I darted through the gap and nearly ran wide myself at Lesmo 2!

Much better showing this week but i have now had in 2 races this year the same number of major incidents as I had in the entirety of last season. Still need to get more of a handle on the Civic evidently. Onwards to Brands, another track I am terrible at, it belongs in the bin with Zandvoort in terms of my performance there!
  20. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

That was a frustrating race for me. I surprised myself by getting pole, which definitely helps heading into turn 1. But in the race I kept making little errors which led to Marty catching me. Unfortunately I got held up by a back marker and he got past and I wasn't able to catch him, then more traffic got in the way and Andy caught me as well. He pitted early and I thought I would be able to make some time up on the both of them with lower fuel levels etc but again, little mistakes kept me out of that.

Then I pitted, bit of a disaster that. Made it into the pit box and the engine only half stopped, came on again and then stopped finally. Plus I wasn't perfectly placed in the box so all up I lost about 5 to 6 seconds there, which led me to coming out the pit lane in a net 4th. I slowly managed to catch Terry but backmarkers just didn't play ball. The amount of times I caught them in the corner rather than them lifting on the straight beforehand was really frustrating, and that lost me around 4 seconds where I was only 0.8 behind Terry at the time. Hopefully it'll get better as the races go on

So 4th overall, not a bad position by any means but I really thought I had the pace for a podium, especially as I was only 3 seconds behind the top 3 over the line.

Congrats to the podium, great driving from all of you
    andyo450, Shawn Jacobs and tezpez85 like this.