ACC ACC season 01 rnd 10 Barcelona 90 minute Enduro cup Jan 27 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

the P1 Evo on demon tweaks shows as $1400 (delivery is $400)
    The more basic but still good GT1 is a bit over $800.

A P1 would seriously be the last rig you would ever buy
    nanlatt likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results from the Wednesday Warmup on the Singapore servers.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

@nanlatt, I have the GT1 design sim-lab sent me so I could source my parts and build myself... but after looking at it and estimated time needed to source parts and probably do that a few times as I might have missed stuff I just bought the gt1 straight off them... was about $1100 delivered (got lucky and missed the import duty)
    But another local guy to check out is trakracer - if I hadn't already ordered off sim-lab I would have looked at a local option as they had released an 8020 version about a week after I'd ordered my rig
    https://www.trakracer.com.au/tr8020-black-tr80-80mm-x-40mm-aluminium-cockpit-wi

Thanks for the racing last night fellas!
    Was really close and heaps of fun!
    Really missed that after a few weeks of being offline... good to be properly back! :D
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Glad to have you back (finally)
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  5. Shaun

Shaun New Recruit Gold Member

Does the season start straight away after this one concludes or will there be a small break? Have to jump back in iRacing for a couple weeks for the Bathurst 12hr and trying to plan some practice/test sessions.
  6. Rolz

Generally we try to keep our seasons in line with the other leagues being run here at ROOZ... so normally it's 4 weeks, but I've been less involved recently so will have to double-check where things are at.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

@Rolz - do you mean 4 week break?
  8. Rolz

between "official" seasons yes... but I always ran weekly fun runs so that your better half (if u have one) didn't think the evenings were now available to book out with other crap haha
    Wally, andyo450, krunch and 3 others like this.
  9. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

lol
    If by chance the new tracks drop in time, perhaps we could have a mini/unofficial, 4 week, Intercontinental GT Challenge with time acceleration to "replicate" the real race times :)
    i.e. Bathurst 1.2 Hour (with 10x time) etc etc
    marty, Flamebadger, Godzilla and 3 others like this.
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

Haha perfect.
  11. cameron beller

cameron beller New Recruit

Hey guys, sorry to the guys I made contact with tonight. I drove pretty pathetically. Hope I didn't stuff up you race too much. :(
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the season, results are in the 2nd post. Season standings are updated but Enduro Cup and Sprint Cup final tables may take a few more days to be finalized. ;)
    andyo450, Rolz, krunch and 2 others like this.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes, well done everyone and thanks for an awesome season - I have learned an unimaginable amount from all of you and had a fantastic time doing it. Really appreciate all of the great driving, banter, tips and competition!

congrats to class winners Mr O’Hara, Mr Shuttleworth and Mr Gock (please note added respect!)!
    andyo450, Rolz, krunch and 3 others like this.
  14. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Thanks for a great season guys - good close racing all round - bitta' rubbing and a few bumps and good times. Being competitive in the m6 was...erm...a challenge lol
    Nah all good - made for a good race through the field - I did manage to leave a Porsche sized gap on the inside so fair enough showing a nose :p
  15. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Thanks to you & ROOZ for organising and running this season. It's really kept ACC alive for me. Really hoping for and looking forward to a season 2, and I might finally retire the Boatley after tonight.

As for tonight, holy crap, the big front-engined Bentley could not deal with the temperatures and I just ran the front left into the ground after about 5 laps, and would just massively drop off the pace of those around me with huge understeer. I was running such low pressures to try to compensate but I just was never able to get a setup to work in the heat. I thought when it started raining I might claw back some time ass the track temp dropped - but because I was running such low starting pressures, my tyres just went the other way and became stone cold, and I got even slower again :p. Shame as I made a cracking start on both the initial start and the re-start and then just went backwards. I think I did finish a place higher than I qualified so probably shouldn't complain.

As always, really enjoyed the racing. @Godzilla and I had some side-to-side contact when he tried to pass going into T1 somewhen in the first half an hour, which he unfortunately came worse off on, and I picked up a little damage. I definitely tried to leave racing room, and did not try to go for the apex, but if I didn't leave enough space I really do apologise.
    andyo450, Rolz, marty and 2 others like this.
  16. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Yeah, big thanks to @marty for the great organisation of the season and a huge thanks to all the drivers that participated in it. The first lap battle with @Rolz was one of my favourites this season and we repeated it towards the end of the race, this time vice-versa. It's great racing hard, and even better when you can trust the other driver. It's what keeps me coming back to Rooz.

Grats to @Andy and @marty on the championship 1 and 2, perennially the two fastest ACCers in Oz! :thumbsup:
  17. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

Thanks all for a great season, especially @marty for his great work organizing everything.
    I went into tonight 1 point behind Andy Gock in the AM standings. As he drove off into the distance so it seemed did my first win of any kind in sim racing.
    Then it started to rain and slowly but surely I started to catch him.
    Then with 2 laps to go I made my move and got past him!
    Imagine my surprise and confusion when I immediately was shown a blue flag. Turns out he was a lap ahead of me and all I had done was unlap myself. Doh!
  18. Wally

Wally Team Driver

A big thanks to Marty and Steve for the season and the results. I thoroughly enjoyed the season, liking the format of the longer races.

I was in a good pack early on, but unfortunately got turned around at the hairpin. Sorry to the car that redressed - my car stalled and I struggled to restart it (immersion of realistic controls is a :):):):):)), so that burned up some time. It was fairly lonely hotlapping for a while, but I saw more action after my early-ish stop, with Tom, Steve and Neil, with the rain spicing things up nicely. I was pleased to finish 11th after my lack of pace and losing maybe 30 seconds after the spin.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Really enjoyed the season, thanks heaps @marty and @SteveDrivingSlowly for all the server and results work.
    Well done @andyo450 on all the wins as well as marty and @tezpez85 on the outright season podiums.

Final round was fun. @Flamebadger, think that was all me, bit optimistic, was behind for a while and was starting to get impatient as you weren’t making mistakes. I certainly came of second best there with a full 360 and down in 10th. From there it was some fun chasing with battles with @nanlatt and the boat again :) At least my second attempt in to T1 went better, took everything to get a good enough exit out of the last chicane to make that work.

The rain was unexpected but came down slow and steady so wasn’t too bad.

One thing I’ll point out though is a fair few people are fairly lose with the 80km/h rolling start, most seem to be in the mid 80’s to low 90’s when the lights go green... hmmm...

Looking forward to the next season and IGTC. Maybe we could run the IGTC championship on top of the main season at the same time? Now to decide if I’ll be sticking to team Lambo or signing with another manufacturer... :)
  20. Rolz

Congrats to @andyo450 for the win and @marty on the podium!

Sheesh what top night racing! @tezpez85 we just had a ding dong battle for the first few laps! But sadly I couldn't keep the pace and you slowly pulled away... Then somehow the pit change was the best thing that could have happened... I was busting out sweet laptimes and it wasn't long for our battle to start again... oh then the rain came... what a new dimension that added...
    Was fortunate I think that my setup with the drizzle seemed to work better and I managed to pass you...

Was a super night and I definitely took a while to crash out as I was still a bit wired after that!!

Thanks for the season all! Shame I had some real technical difficulties, but they seem to be sorted now!

Super job to Marty for organising and @SteveDrivingSlowly for putting the website all together!! Stellar!

Hope all the first season rookies enjoyed themselves and we see you back for more! :D
    andyo450, nanlatt, marty and 2 others like this.