ACC ACC season 01 rnd 9 Hungaroring Sprint cup 60 minute sprint Jan 20 2020

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Fun race overall, made a small mistake and let @Kcender87 through after stealing a spot at the start. Had a really good race set up, car felt stable for the whole stint and was setting pb’s at the end. Much better then the practice race on Wednesday.

Shame the pit stops seems to have such a huge effect on the racing though, had a look and from crossing the pit entry line to car moving again my time is 5 seconds slower then Andrews! I overshot a small amount so the car had to be moved back but still, there’s minimum pit stop time in blancpain to avoid pit stops having this much influence. A bit annoyed about that as was hoping to have some close racing to the end, instead it was just the first stint.

Well done @marty on the win, and @tezpez85 and @andyo450 on the podiums here
    tezpez85 and marty like this.
  2. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Congrats to @marty for win and @Andy for the podium.

Been struggling to come up with a decent high downforce setup for punchy short tracks like this and finally I think I've got a decent working base where the car isn't stepping out and doing weird things like it was earlier in the season. Also, the physics update a few rounds ago trashed what I had built up to that point, so it was probably better to start from setups I knew worked on the new physics. Hopefully it comes in handy for the final round.

As for the race, I was surprised to get such a good start again, it seems being on the outside heading into T1 seems pretty good at Hungers. Managed to make a small gap in the first few laps before Marty methodically chipped away the gap lap-by-lap til he was on my tail pipe. I could tell he had the Porsche hooked up so well because every few corners he'd hit my aero wash and go a bit wide, but then be right back on it a few corners later. Anyways, once he pitted early I knew it was curtains unless he hit traffic - no such luck. I was still driving as fast as I could and the pit was pretty spot on, but the undercut was strong here and I was over 6 seconds down by the time I left the pits.

Good round though, off to the finale.
  3. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

All good Wally, was my fault and was scrambling after going deep and losing a place at T3.
    1:30 Repair and tried to push which resulted in a spin at the chicane.
    2/3 DNFs, gonna focus on safer driving.
    Cheers guys, see you in Spain
  4. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Was good racing :) - have to beat the m6 into submission round here for any sort of speed which was punishing for an hour - i think im just lucky the m6 is 2 lanes wide and managed to hold you off in that first stint as you were much faster! pity bout the pit stop too - been there done that for sure
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Godzilla likes this.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, was really good fun. Was really hoping for more of that after the stops but I was over 5 seconds back when I came out. Did my best to chase you down but just not fast enough to close that gap.