ACC Season 2 driver debrief

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by Xtr3meNZer, Oct 14, 2020.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    geez, i couldn't watch it through. just a total fustercluck eh
    stucar17, Xtr3meNZer and JJ_Penguin like this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Really hard to get a learning from that tbh. 20/20 hindsight and slo mo's vs real time action...happy to be not stewarding is all i can say
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  3. FoulMinion

FoulMinion Rookie

PSN ID
    FoulMinion
    From my perspective, this reminder from @stucar17 says it best
    Which includes slowing down enough to actually be able to stay in your lane.

I freely admit this is hard to do as we all want to gain a position or two. And cautious drivers ( = slow ) are tempting targets for a quick pass.
    But the old adage is true, particularly for ACC: You can't win a race in turn 1, but you can easily lose it.
    Even worse; you can lose someone else's race for them.
    stucar17, Vik Chan and Max Gassit like this.
  4. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    People that are aggressive right off the bat frustrate me. Many times I have been trying to stay in my lane, and slowing right down due to traffic and such as what happens at the beginning of every race, and being rear ended, or someone slides up the inside, or even the outside due to being held up in those early stages just tbh, pi$$es me off. There's no need for that kind of aggression right off the starting line, least give it a lap or so... there's plenty of time in 45 mins to make moves. If you're able to close in on someone and stick to their rear bumper, you're generally quicker, and will make a pass safely soon enough.

Please note that this is not based off the video on this thread, I haven't watched it yet. This is also not aimed at anyone in particular on here, this is just a general comment in regards to lap 1 :) Cheers guys
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

the only definitive perspective is an onboard replay (tho i do like chopper cam) & even then, without throttle/brake traces it's difficult to tell. one things for sure, it is even more difficult in acc. i feel like i've been focusing so much on the car that ive forgotten at times how to race
    lots of good info in this debrief to help us all get on with it, see you all tonite!
  6. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

ps. i love how god posted our dirty laundry for all to see
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I am no expert, but i believe a good percentage of the lap 1 incidences are a result of the cold brakes and tyres we have when the lights go out. Thats not excusing anyone, its a part of the game i think we all have to come to terms with, me included
    Im sure as we learn the game more we will improve.
  8. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Yeah it’s a tricky one. I believe the lap one mayhem was a racing incident and yes we all have to take into account the cold tires and brakes. I was actually as cautious as I could be with a couple drivers making moves into the first corner and it didn’t pay off so it kinda gives me mixed feelings about it all on whether I should be more aggressive or not.
    Maybe we can implement a no overtaking rule into the first couple corners lol :whistling:
    JJ_Penguin and stucar17 like this.
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    All fair points guys, i think this 'incident' is a reminder to everyone that you really do need to be careful on lap 1, and that in itself is an artform ! Knowing how much to slow, what lane to run, where there is room to give on both sides and what the consequences will be for the inevitable 3 wide somewhere in the first 3 corners....

For me the critical drivers are those in the back half of the field, who, in my opinion, MUST take more responsibility to get through clean.... Throwing it up the inside and hoping it sticks it tough enough in PCARS2 and GTS, let alone in ACC where you will genuinely ruin your race and someone else's WHEN it goes pear shaped....

Its not hard to give room, and also give up a spot so others have room in front so you can all live to fight on through laps 2-22 !
    JJ_Penguin, Vik Chan and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  10. Adam Parsons

Adam Parsons Rookie

PSN ID
    Aadman72
    Agree with the commentary so far and luck would have it that when you are up the back and you don't stick it up the inside of someone, mayhem occurs in front of you and then you are towards the front.
    Is there an option to have a formation lap for the race start rather than a short start, this would allow drivers to warm up tyres and brakes and maybe eliminate the 1st corner sh*t fight that could occur going forwards.
    JJ_Penguin likes this.
  11. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I thought the full formation lap was something that PC had but PS didn’t. If I can I’ll set it to full formation lap when I set the final weather in the servers.
    Vik Chan likes this.
  12. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I think we need to test this. The issue to me seems to be that the tyres cool off way too quick in the run up to the Lin even if you exit set up and hit drive at the last minute.
  13. JJ_Penguin

Unfortunately we can only run the short formation
  14. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    AM room went without issue at the start - shouldn't be a reason why the PRO room shouldn't have been able to? Or any room, so long as everyone is respectful at the start at least.
    BURRADOGG, seowster, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Suzuka: snapped up a 2:02.259 in qually, a PB by 0.4s, to start in P2, and finished the race in P2. Lost a couple ofplaces early due to a pathetic slide coming out of the hairpin and lost a bit more time trying to get the pit limiter to engage, but kept it relatively tidy for the majority of the race and moved back up through the field as others made mistakes. Well done Juzzy on the win and burradog for rounding out the podium.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    nice work ursine, i thought we were on for a 2-3 for awhile but i couldn't stick with ya. hopefully i'll have better luck from now on
    Xtr3meNZer and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  17. JJ_Penguin

18. JJ_Penguin

Well I almost stuffed that race! 10 sec lead and cruising then realised I was gonna be short on fuel. Was probably going to run out on the last lap or so I thought. Turn down the engine map and TC, still just cruised and had a 5 sec gap. start of 2nd last lap turned the engine map back up, put foot down coming out of turn 1, spin sideways into the wall....forgot to put TC back up :mad:
    luckily the damage wasn't bad. Finished with 1L fuel!
    Well done to @Vik Chan & @nigegunz on the podium. rRedemption for both of you after last round.

Congrats @garythemunter on Pole & @TheJuzzy @UrsineSaturn9 @BURRADOGG on the podium in the AM Server! Great to see the new blokes get results and awesome to see @TheJuzzy with the Win!!! :ninja::ninja:
    TheJuzzy, Russell, DeanK and 3 others like this.
  19. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Well done @TheJuzzy, @UrsineSaturn9 and @BURRADOGG and to all that finished unscathed and got a good result :thumbsup:

I wasn’t on it with my usual pace this race so I’m stoked to have got 2nd place. Congrats @JJ_Pengiun on the win and @nigegunz on the other podium. I think my mistake was jumping onto the server straight into a race without practice and driving that whole race with a damaged car cause I was unable to avoid the accident that happened in front of me, and this was an hour before the actual race lol it definitely messed up my rhythm and pace for quallies and the actual race, I was really struggling to get my times into the 2min mark like I was all weekend. Thinking back I don’t know why I didn’t just fix my car when I pitted in that practice race o_O
    I went for the undercut pretty early in the actual race thanks to the advice of my team mates and it worked out well as I was getting slowed down quite considerably by those in front of me. After that I pretty much coasted to the finish in clean air the whole race, unable to risk pushing too hard cause I was on 2 strikes with track limits, one due to trying to avoid an accident in first few laps and the other pushing too hard going for that undercut. All in all it was a good race. Looking forward to the next round.
    BURRADOGG, jamie_t, Russell and 3 others like this.
  20. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Congrats to the Podiums both rooms, well done on the effort.

My race was alright really. My qualifying was shocking, On my last lap of I was 1.7 seconds up, was looking for a potential 12th in the field, but alas screwed up the last chicane, coming off... stuck in last place. A few little mistakes in the early stages which weren't serious enough to cause any damage, but definitely enough to drop off the pack. Had pretty much clear air throughout most of the beginning stages of the race, had quite a few clear clean laps sitting on low 2.03's so I was happy.

Down to the last stint of the race and I was up to 13th, leading my team mates through the track. Was pushing strong and was catching up to 12th place when alas someone decided to use me as a wall on the last chicane which caused some serious damage, including steering damage and I couldn't quite get the speed I was. 2 laps to go, I just thought I would power on, and fought with the car to get around. Unfortunately all of this was happening while I was almost out of fuel, and since I was concentrating on staying on track so much, I didn't look at the guage, and ran out of fuel exiting the last chicane. This got me from 13th to 18th in one foul swoop... Nothing I could do.

I'm rather disappointed in the smash I received. I will be reviewing the footage to see what happened clearly before I go making assumptions.

Catch you all in a fortnight!
    jamie_t, Vik Chan, Russell and 5 others like this.