ACC Season 2 driver debrief

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by Xtr3meNZer, Oct 14, 2020.

1. DeanK

DeanK Rookie

PSN ID
    d_karki
    Well happy with my run got up there due to some miss fortune to other racer @incey unlucky mate I kept the car straight had a few offs 1 of witch was suspect with door to door racing with @Max Gassit others due to my stupidity but all and all happy with my result 4th
    And congrats to the podium well done
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Vik Chan, Russell, incey and 3 others like this.
  2. Kman64891

Kman64891 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Kman
    Well to many mistakes by me last night. Got a great start from 7th to 5th behind Juzzy who was sitting in 4th, settled into my rhythm but was dropping of slightly to the leaders, i pushed for a few laps to close the gap of which I did, but coming out of the spoon I spun, so decided to pit. This was the beginning of the end. Over shot the pits and lost another 15 sec before my pit stop even began. The rest is history, was pushing to hard to make up time and had another off causing damage. Live a learn and move onto round 3.
  3. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I really enjoyed that race last night. Butchered qualifying. Just did managed to get a great lap together, ended up starting 10th. Managed a great start and made up 3 positions on the first lap, I ended up gaining about 5 positions all up by the first stop. I was in a bit of a battle with Bounty and my team mates Kart and Slambo for the first half. We were semi keeping touch with Vick Nige and river, enough to capitalise if they made a mistake. But alas I was the one to make the mistakes haha. I had a small off at the hairpin sitting in 2nd or 3rd with Nige behind me at that stage. I rejoined just ahead of bounty. But alas again. I had went off on the same corner a few laps later. This time it was a wild ride going off the road. I was lucky not to get damage. But I lost a lot of time. I lost touch with Slambo and Bounty. My last stop seen me come out right behind my team mate kart. He politely let me through with about 4 or 5 laps to go (Legend). Tymorgo was only about 3 seconds up the road at that stage. My first 2 laps when kart let me through were not great. But I settled in and managed to grind down the gap to Tymorgo. We had a awesome battle on the last two laps. He defended very well. I ended up pinching 6th from him on the last lap with a over take coming into 130R on the outside and on my back two wheels for a moment haha. The speed difference on the back straight suggest to me that he may of been fuel saving at that stage. My goal is usually finish ahead of where I start. So I am happy with my result. I had a lot of fun in that race last night. Great bunch of people and drivers. Awesome fun. Congratulations to the podiums and race winners
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Kart-No-1, Vik Chan, incey and 3 others like this.
  4. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Oh also, a special mention to everyone in the PRO room - no incidences at the start! Nice clean race throughout most of it I understand.
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Qualified in 5th with a PB so pretty happy with that. Finished P5 in the race after a reasonably good start but gaining 1 position on the first couple of turns then settled in behind nige and the other 2 front runners. nige had a spin so I picked up 3rd spot hanging behind River for a few laps but he slowly started to pull away and I couldn't keep up. They pitted, had the track to myself till I pitted. After my second pitstop I came out just in front of slambo but slowly managed to pull away then came across JJ who made a sligt error before going under the bridge so I came up beside him then he decided to drift off the track towards the hairpin and I thought "Cool" but then realised he was still ahead in the end haha.
    Well done to Podium and to all drivers last night, great pace and awesome racing.
    jamie_t, JJ_Penguin, Vik Chan and 5 others like this.
  6. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    The last two laps between TYMORGO and myself. Pretty cool little battle
    TheJuzzy, incey, Adam Parsons and 4 others like this.
  7. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Were you livestreaming?
  8. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Wow! Looks like you came so close to death when you clipped the outside of the circuit coming into 130R!:eek:
    Russell, incey and JJ_Penguin like this.
  9. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Yep
    Russell, incey and Vik Chan like this.
  10. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Edit - it wasn't JJ that had a spin next to me, it was ChopperDog. That explains a few things haha
  11. JJ_Penguin

I was confused! I had my spin at turn 1.
    Just out of curisoity, were you watching my stream while you were driving?
  12. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Nup, why do you ask?
  13. JJ_Penguin

howd you know that i crashed at the end? before i wrote it above lol
  14. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    cos I though it was you who went off track near the hairpin but it was the other Merc, Chopperdog
    Russell and JJ_Penguin like this.
  15. JJ_Penguin

Lol I did hit the wall and finish with damage! It's alright I'll run out of luck soon enough
  16. jamie_t

jamie_t Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    jamie-tc
    Still buzzing from last night, really enjoyed that race even though I ended up just off the podium having qualified 2nd. After coming out of the opening corners in P3 then inheriting P2 back from Nige after his spin, I decided to go a longer first stint and have the benefit of fresh tyres in the closing stages. Unfortunately whilst I was in clean air and made no errors of note I probably didn't keep enough pace, as by the last round of stops Vik and Nige had jumped me with the undercut. The fresh tyres helped close the gap pretty quickly to them but ultimately I wasn't able to find a way through. Nonetheless, credit to them both who ran impressive stints and gave me no opportunities to pass under pressure in the closing laps. We were seperated by a couple of seconds over the line in the end. Looking forward to more of the same in the coming weeks. Well done JJ on the victory!
    Xtr3meNZer, Russell, Vik Chan and 3 others like this.
  17. JJ_Penguin

After the talking to we got from Dad after Round 1 is good to post this video!
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    excellent
  19. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

still feeling good from tuesdy's race, it really was a cracker. the 2stop thing really does spice up the action as i got undercut by a few in the first stop & then returned the favor on a couple of others at the 2nd
    already cant wait for Hungaroring
    just in case you cant quite get your fix.... the pc acc 24hr race is happening this weekend. here's the link for quali
  20. JJ_Penguin

i know why your excited for hungaroring!!!
    Bounty05 likes this.