ACC Season 2 driver debrief

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by Xtr3meNZer, Oct 14, 2020.

1. autech91

autech91 Professional

My debrief:
    Within SAR we made the call to run me in the AM server as I'd not jumped on for practice and chuck BigChopper into the mix as he had put in some excellent times in practice. SAR managed to have quite a well stacked team of talent to choose from so we were lucky there.

I biffed on a tune that Kart had given me and sent it in Quali, managed to quali on pole despite losing my best lap when I came across a Lexus parked across the track, super annoyed as it was going to be a low 2 or a 59 going off how I was .8 up at the time, thats racing though! Incy forced me to dig deep to get it so well done mate.

Race started well, I made a few errors with braking points which gave Incey a chance to pass me, I let him go as I was still working out the best way to make consistent laptimes without risking too much. I know at bathurst that generally its not the fastest one that wins, its the one that can keep it off the wall without being too slow and it was one long race!
    Realised Psyco was catching me, so I put my head down a bit. Unfortunately Incey crashed in the esses which gave me back the lead.
    Pitted while leading and came out behind Psyco who had undercut me well, I kept calm as I didn't want to push too hard and wall it. Unfortunately he fell off on McPhilamy which gave me the effective lead back as not everyone had pitted.
    From there I settled into a good rhythm banging out mid 2s lap in lap out.
    Pitted for my 2nd stop well ahead of everyone and thought, damn that was a quick stop, turned out I had effd up my strategy and not put on tyres. Immediately I put my head down and started pushing, stopped again and put on tyres and came out a few secs behind Psyco with 15mins to go. Was like :):):):)!
    I started hammering it and was on his tail within a few laps. I could see he was quite loose so I backed off a bit as I had a feeling he was possibly going to crash, he braked a bit deep into the cutting and the R8 slapped him hard for it rotating him toward the inside wall. I only narrowly avoided t boning him, she was a close one!
    Then it was cruise time again as I had 9secs on him with not long to go in the race, looked like he crashed again as I came across him later exiting the pits so unlucky Psyco, that R8 is a tricky beast!

Apart from the pit stop muck up she was a perfect race, took me quite a few laps to get comfortable so I don't think I would have done very well in PRO in traffic etc, would almost certainly have walled it a few times!

Well done to everyone especially JJ for running the series, wasn't great for me with being taken out of 2 of the 3 races I managed to enter, but overall I really enjoyed the season and the challenge. Looking forward to future battles with all of you.
    jamie_t, incey, Russell and 9 others like this.
  2. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    That was EPIC !!! It felt like a build up to the real Bathurst event. Aside from the technical issues it was a race to remember. Big congrats to @JJ_Penguin for the championship win, and well done to @nigegunz for finishing P1 at arguably the hardest track to master.
    My qualy wasn't the greatest so started in 10th but wasn't too concerned considering the length of the race.
    Rolling start was probably the safest way to start this race and in the end it worked out rather well. A few laps in I was right on the tail of BigChopperDog and had a great exit out of the elbow allowing me to make a pass down the straight but coming into the chase but I don't think he saw me on the inside of the kink and turned in on me taking himself out. (looked awesome on the replay).
    I hardly made an error all night and was extremely focused but had the sweats to the point my fingers were slipping on the shift paddles on my wheel. Head down, a##se up and tried to stay in the top 6 but I calculated my fuel load incorrectly so I had to do a splash 'n dash with only a few laps to go (idiot). Pitted then did my fastest lap time of the race on the 2nd last lap while trying to catch the guys in front and ended up in 9th. Overall pretty happy to end up in top 10.
    Bring on next season !!!
  3. Chubbe08

Chubbe08 Rookie

PSN ID
    Chubbe08
    Just want to thank JJ for a organizing the season, had fun. Thanks nigegunz, bounty, kman, metal, etc great team to be apart off. learnt lots. This will be a season debrief, cos i havent done a race one yet. For the first 2 rounds i was really learning the car and trying to get my head around racing for 45min. Some little scuffs but im my own worst enemy. Then to Hungry, when I was up to like 4th and looped it with pressure from vik. Misano, was my best race. Mt Panorama. Well that was a bit distracting with the server problems but all in all, finished where i started. Would have been ok if I didnt press the ps button going into the cutting, 2 laps from the end. Thanks to all competitors, I felt like i was given respect and space almost very time i was near another car. Next season should be good, cant wait. Thanks everyone
  4. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Well was so looking forward to this race. Qualified 6th not far off 5 & 4 and had genuine hopes to better 6th position. Lap 1 under way no problem , near completed 1st lap at end of Conrad...still in 6th .Cars starting disappearing before my eyes , and oh I thought the room is going to crash. Kicked out of room. I then went to search for the rooms again and noticed that the pro room was gone so somehow when the pro room went down so did i!. Anyways rejoined am room and to my disbelief was the only one to be kicked out. I was gutted. My internet was fine never disconnected. By the time I loaded setup and adjusted I was a lap down on the whole field and was around 40 seconds behind the last driver. Chucks I was devastated and thought why bother. Team points was the only thing I could contribute, any would do. On I went for the unknown result , not hoping for much. Push push push I went. 1st stint managed to keep it clean and go fast as I could. Closing down on my fuel load I decided to pit as I had traffic ahead anyway
  5. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    At this point was still dead last 15. 5 laps later 14th yay! But pushing too hard had a little damage across the top. Pitted again as my speed had dropped. Now my last stint became longer 80 lit in the tank and tyres too last me over a long long stretch. From here didn't push as hard to avoid the walls and to my surprise too the end I managed to claim 9th from a lap down on the whole field. Was happy with that considering and hopefully giving our team much needed points to win the team championship! Thanks guys for everything. I was never the fastest but always consistent. Thanks jj great racing.
  6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Last night was a cluster:):):):)! Apologies again to everyone in the PRO server for the server glitches. I still can't believe I couldn't log into the website because I was typing the wrong password!

Anyway, quali was bit of an anti-climax for me. I kept hitting the wall just coming out of Murrays Corner. Twice I was going well enough to give Viks time a nudge but hit the wall. Well done @Vik Chan for getting pole. After those server issues I was pretty angry when the race finally started. I was quite happy to see Vik drive off into the distance though. I wasn't pushing at all and just getting in the groove. I thought Xmas had come early when I came across Vik going slowly after smacking the wall over the top of the hill. 2 laps later I was catching a lapped car and tried to flick my lights...instead turned the car off!!!! had to stop to turn it back on. 1st to 6th

I was so so angry. 2 laps later I locked up heading into skyline and tried to cut the grass to stay off the walls, to no avail. hit the wall and rotated into the Esses. tried to get going and tagged Bounty as he came through. I got to the pits for 1:16 stop. watched the field go by and went a lap down. 6th to 18th

I couldn't believe. Swore very very loudly...multiple times. even put my head in my hands. thought my championship was over. if something like this was going to happen of course it was going to be at Bathurst.

Took forever for the stop to finish and took off. settled into a groove and only got 0.4 sec damage for the rest of the race with decent lap speed. made spots back as people fell off the road and found myself up into the positions I needed to win the championship. Finally relaxed. after the 2nd stop I saw that bounty was behind me so I gave the spot to him for tagging him earlier. Then bounty had to stop for fuel unfortunately.

Well done to @nigegunz for the win, @TYMORGO & @Vik Chan on the podium! 3 of you have had at times a difficult season so congratulations on finishing on a high.

Thank you to captains for organising your drivers and making my life easier by passing on info to them. much appreciated. @nigegunz @Wayne Edis @garyw61 @Xtr3meNZer @TYMORGO @UrsineSaturn9

Thank you to everyone that took part in this season. It has been a joy setting it up and the numbers that took part has been good. I've been stoked with the turn out and interest in ACC. I will start preparing for next season as well setup dome races for the break.