ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 10 Paul Ricard 90 minute Enduro.

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, May 20, 2020.

1. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

The cut tracks in this track seem overly severe in some points yet ridiculously lenient in others, it just feels stupid. I got a drive through as well yet once I served that DT I had no cuts at all after that o_O

That DT kind of ruined my race but ah well, it happens. The other thing is I thought I was running pretty low wings yet I had no chance of catching anyone on the back straight unless I exited the corner within 0.4 behind the car I was following, it made it very tricky to try and overtake as I seemed to have no slipstream but plenty of dirty air..

The start felt pretty chaotic, just glad to get through unscathed.
    TakFR, krunch and Bueller like this.
  2. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I had an enjoyable race because the car felt really nice. If only I could figure out why...
    Missed all the accidents and got to P18. Got punted in the rear by someone and spun. Stuffed my pit stop up by having to jiggle backwards and forwards to get the stop to start. Got a DT for alleged cutting. But other than that, I had a consistent drive with some good racing along the way.

My tyres were fading fast at the end, after stopping fairly early to get out of traffic, and Andrew Mcfarlane was making rapid ground on me, so I'm glad the race wasn't one lap longer, or I would have given up my valuable P20 :alien:
    Bueller likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Taking a completely objective look at this, my mantra is always that it's up to the following car to make the clean pass. I think contact in this situation by the following car is completely avoidable, as there was very little overlap at the point of contact and the car in front was well on the racing line.
    JamesT, TakFR, krunch and 2 others like this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Easy up here lads..... Ive never driven ACC, Hell, ive never even driven that track i see on the replays...
    The premise of 'racing' though is the same regardless of the platform we are on. GTS, PCARS2, ACC or iRacing....
    - Dont make things personal. Everyone is here for clean racing
    - If you hit someone in the rear and gain advantage, redress !
    - Show other drivers, our members, the same respect you want to be shown on the track
    - If you have an issue with an incident, send it to the stewards so they can rule on it. There is still a fair chance one of you will be unhappy with the verdict, but once its done, move on and get back to racing.

if someone is a tad slower in front, its still your job to get past 'cleanly'. Thats 'racing'. If someone gets along side and you have to give up the spot, so be it..... live to fight on the next lap !

Close racing is great when there is mutual respect, terrible when there isnt.
    Coanda, KoAStR, Bueller and 7 others like this.
  5. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

After Wednesday nights prac I was not looking forward to this race, circling the BMW in the 1:58 but after a very wet weekend spent at the in-laws, luckily I had my work tablet, i spent most evenings learning setups and watching on boards of Paul Ricard, got back Sunday jumped on and within an hour or so turning laps and tuning the car from what I learnt I knocked 3 seconds off my time and was starting to really enjoy the flow of the circuit and finally gettign the BMW under control, so in turn was pumped for Monday night!

got myself in the 1:55s again in qualy started 20th second best of the AM drivers, had a good start but unfortunately on lap 2 or 3 had an incident with Krunch as he went wide at the second last turn while I kept a tight line but we made contact..that was fine it happens as many of these corners have differing lines etc and sometimes while trying to give room you are just unsighted...got myself back into it but then got caught up in another incident between Mott and a Bentley where I hit the spinning Bentley and with that got whacked from behind causing 1 min worth of repairs so when the pits open decided to take my stop and try and run long hoping to catch back up but a DT for track limits put that to an end!

After that I was contemplating calling it a night but being Ive only had the game for just over a month decided to just grit my teeth for the final hour and really just drive to just learn as I want to get better and maybe reach Alien status like majority of the Pro drivers! Only issue after that was I accidentally got in the way of terry? in the aston getting lapped forcing him off as I got snap oversteer off turn two loosing the backend as I was going to move over from that corner, so sorry for that Tez..

Anyway despite the setbacks enjoyed another night of league racing which I look forward to every Monday and next week is another week to learn and hopefully improve again
    krunch, tezpez85 and stucar17 like this.
  6. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Care to share any secrets/findings or at least what setup changes you found made a big difference? I couldn't get anywhere near 55's (in the Audi).
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Nah, all good.
  8. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

For me in BMW running tc + ABS at 4 really helped, while increasing my roll bars to 9 front and 6 rear was also an improvement while running my overall balance a little forward, for once the BMW didnt feel like a twitchy mess on power or difficult to turn in
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  9. Hinssy

Hinssy New Recruit

Well, that was a very enjoyable event imo, helps when you actually hit the drive button to start the race! :roflmao:

Having had V8SCOPS over on iR to focus on last weekend I didn't get much mileage in for this race, so wasn't expecting anything coming into it. My pace in practice and quali confirmed that, lining up a lowly 22nd.

Got away cleanly and made a few spots early on, nearly got caught up in an accident ahead of me a few laps in but lucked out in being in the perfect spot to avoid it (Video below of that moment).

As the race went on I got more and more comfortable in the car and was getting some acceptable pace going towards the end. Found myself in the top 10 at the end catching Shane ahead for 8th, just ran out of time to have a go and had a epic last lap duel with Mia to bring it home 9th!
    Godzilla, krunch and Bueller like this.
  10. Daniel Benefield

Daniel Benefield New Recruit

11. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

Sorry Krunch I thought I kept a tighter line but may have moved over a little more then what I thought from that corner when we touched
    Bueller likes this.
  12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yep fair enough. It was a dumb decision on my part and I was cranky at myself for doing that (did you hear me apologise immediately over Discord BTW?). I figured your post was probably some venting of frustration which I totally get. All good and look forward to some good battles on track in future :thumbsup:
    TakFR and Bueller like this.
  13. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

No probs mate. I'd understeered wide and I can see on the replay you understeered trying to avoid me. That damn corner was messing with me on purpose the whole race :roflmao:
    Flukey likes this.
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

SteveDrivingSlowly, krunch and Coanda like this.
  15. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I hate this glorified parking lot but once I got more used to the flow it became somewhat better to drive on, that being said I swear I was getting track cuts where I didn't in the hours of practice I put in beforehand, if I do another league I might just skip this race entirely. It feels like a lot of people got DT penalties and I'm not entirely convinced they were all fair
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  16. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I was dreading this track too but it turns out I actually really like it haha, it just flows really well. I also thought I was doing well in my practise during the week, then I saw the times the guys up top were doing :roflmao:
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I like the layout but there's something wrong with the excessive track cuts, which seem disproportionately severe compared to other tracks.
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  18. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Yeah its a bit iRacing Spa spec - you can mega cut the kink onto the Mistral straight but slight misstep elsewhere and off track ---- that said I knew where was not allowed and was warned 3 times before the drive through and was still cavalier .... so theres that :p probably a lesson in there - who knows lol
  19. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

@Flukey I think that was me mate, no harm done, I was a bit impatient at the time and wanted to get past because Shuttleworth was going to catch me after I undercut him, the pressure I was putting on you to move was too much. Keep on grafting, my 1st races were shocking (Not much has changed) hope yo see you in silver soon
  20. Dan Medved

Dan Medved Rookie

I actually did something very similar on the last lap to poor Terry, I had way more grip and pace.. looked like he slightly lost the rear and because I had corner speed I touched he's rear even though I jumped on the brakes. Straight away I knew it was my fault even though he wasn't as quick and on racing-line for that corner. I waited to let him back in front. I could have easily gone on to get p6 but nah not clean racing. Btw sorry again for that tap, if I was a bit more patient I may have got passed cleanly later :(
    krunch, tezpez85, marty and 2 others like this.