ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 13 Barcelona 60 minute Sprint Cup

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 10, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rnd 12 of the season will be next Monday June 15th for the finals season 2 Sprint cup round, with 1 60 minute sprint race in the same format as the real Blancpain Sprint rounds.
    Time scale will be 3x as the real round is a 3rh endure, as we are fairly stacked with endure rounds to end the season this has changed to a sprint. The race will have a 10 minute mid race pit window with a compulsory trye change with refuelling not allowed during the race.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8pm AEST (in game Saturday 3pm)
    Qualifying 15 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Sunday 10am)
    Race 60 minutes: 9:00pm AEST (in game Sunday 3pm)

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night. You can enter even if you don't expect to run every round, there are 3 separate championships and an overall sprint enduro combined. This should allow those that cant do every race to still be in the running for something.
    Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night. Anyone that has entered the season but not yet set an official qualifying time will not be put on the race night entry list.

FROM THIS ROUND ON ANYONE THAT HAS NOT YET SET A QUALIFYING TIME WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE RACE SERVER ON MONDAY NIGHT, ALL LATE ENTRIES WILL NEED TO SET A QUALIFYING TIME AND ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY RACED BUT NOT SET A TIME WILL NEED TO DO BEFORE 7PM AEST PRIOR TO THE RACE ON MONDAY IF THEY WANT TO CONTINUE TO RACE IN THIS ROUND.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

This will be full formation lap using Kunos widget start procedure. Our Wednesday tests show this works quite well atm and should avoid any admins needing to manually enforce rules. Still anyone seen trying to gain an unfair advantage in any way during the start procedure may get a post race 30 second penalty.

Its fairly straightforward, follow what it tells you if there is a flashing arrow you must either go forward back or left/right lanes. No weaving once we go double file the start sequence is staggered so no reason to ever run up the back of anyone. It keeps the gaps and then sets the pace for the start at 70kmh max.

Yanet's Weather Forecast :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Dynamic weather will be used again for this round, its fairly conservative but still seems Monday's get a bit wet. Temps will be a bit cooler this round as the season has been pretty hot so far. Hotlap server will be at 9am and ambient temp 24C with 27c track temp, temps during the day for the race will be a little warmer depending on cloud cover. Rain is still very unlikely with only a small chance of light rain, this will remain until the next major update if we can get a higher rain percentage while eliminating red flag type storms which are still too common with any higher chance of rain atm.

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.

Custom Skins
    Anyone using a custom skin on a Monday race night must either use a skin from the current skin packs or provide a link to the skin they are using if its not in the pack as yet.

Custom skins are allowed to be used from this round on, you can either use a skin from the skin pack in this thread, or make your own skin and post a link to download the skin in the custom skins thread. A skin pack will be made for all custom made by 6:30pm on a race night make sure you post a link to your skin prior to that if its not already available in one of our skin packs.

Everyone should download the skin packs to ensure they see everyone's skins, otherwise you will likely see lots of plain black skins.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/custom-skins-and-season-skin-pack.4094/

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

the race is 30 or 60 min? Says 60 in the season overview and 30 here. Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2020
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its 60 minutes, missed that one but fixed now. :oops::thumbsup:
    JamesT likes this.
  5. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Great livery by the way!
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Lots of cool liveries in the skin pack for most cars. ;)
  7. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

I'm out tonight lads, got an eye injury at work today from a small piece of concrete. I will be ok but just no good for tonight unfortunately. Good luck and I hope it's a clean one !!
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Glad you're OK but damn man, it's close between us in the championship so it's a shame you're not going to be there :(
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Get well ASAP, seeya next round
    Frostwa likes this.
  10. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

Yeah that's what is actually annoying me, was trying to catch you up in the points.
    Feel free to sit out tonight to make it fair though :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  11. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Jesus, ow. Hope you get sorted soon.
    Frostwa likes this.
  12. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Hahaha yeah, um... Maybe :p
    Frostwa likes this.
  13. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

Done with this car and league, gave it one last shot but same issues no matter what I do... it's fine all practice and qualifying but people divebombing t1, main difference is this time I didn't just let them through to prevent it an accident and what do you know, 1/4 of the field got cleaned up. It's just public lobby racing in the midpack and can get that experience anywhere else, car just still becomes undrivable with understeer on race fuel, then decides to snap oversteer because it felt like it. I just give up
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Next season I think we will need to start penalising the people causing lap 1 incidents, people really need to be able to avoid ruining peoples races on the first lap. Something like what @Wally was doing at XGN. Maybe add race ballast for the persons next race if they cause a lap 1 incident.
  15. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

This has got to be the closest finish I've had in any race on here (mad respect Reilly, I was sure you had me):

The car was terrible throughout the whole race. Snap oversteer, brake balance never right, the whole shebang. During the week I began to doubt my Wednesday setup on the hotlap server and changed it to get a better time on that. I build the race setup based on what worked on hotlaps, but boy oh boy was that a mistake. 2 different worlds. Congrats to the aliens :alien:

Edit: If anyone actually has a decent setup guide for this track, I'd be happy to read it. Always a struggle here.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Coming 11th, that was by far and away my best result. I put in a new CPU on the weekend, an i5-9600, upgraded from an i5-4xxx, and it made the game that much smoother, especially in the slow corners. It might have been that the car setup was really hooked up, but I felt much more precise in the corners. And for the first time, I didn't get lapped. Booyah.

I had some really good close racing with James Tam and Denis Strelnikov along the way, looong chases, trying to keep the pressure on until they cracked.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Having a look at the race start and @TakFR full 2 lap race, to call it public server stuff is honestly over the top. Would be best to check replays before making such statements as its fairly disrespectful of all others especially if the incident that caused the pile up was fairly minor. Its just in the wrong part of the field and those behind piled in.

Take a look at the real round last year, lap 1 was pure carnage still better then a real public server but fairly common for many first laps in sim or real races. They then spent most of the first hour under safety car to repair the barriers. o_O

Here are quite a few angles of the t1 pile up from this round.

The t1 incident @Godzilla actually backed out of making a move into t1 but also the car inside him did the same. The car on his outside turned in a bit on him but he would not have know he was outside 3 wide so its really an unfortunate racing incident as I see it. From that point on nobody dive bombed @TakFR but was unlucky to just get clipped by a car that was in the incident. Unfortunately you may have got some damage from the t1 incident but you had 2 solo spins after that before retiring.

Even looking from the cars further back they didnt really pile into the accident and all that I could see backed of and tried to avoid it. The position and amount of traffic is unfortunately what turns a small incident into a big one. Incidents like this is where it would be ideal to be able to call a safety car to let all get back into the race and stop for repairs if needed. Then let the people get back into line before the race is restarted.

We have no safety car and also unfortunately no live stewards, if anyone is keen to fill that position then they can go ahead. All involved in the league are doing this because they want to race. I for sure wouldn't be here if all I was to be doing is watch others while they are racing. Anyone that wants to give up their time to do a live steward job and also possibly drive a safety car then it would be very welcome but I don't expect anyone to put their hand up and do this.

If your having trouble with the car on race fuel then it would be best to spend more practice time on race fuel then qualy. Qualy is only 2 minutes of the race after all and the race isnt really won in qualy or t1 of the race. Its a shame if you dont want to race any more but racing incidents will happen. More likely then not start of any race further back in the pack even without anyone doing a reckless divebomb as was stated.

If you have issues with car setup and handling there are people that can help you out, the Nissan looked better then my Porsche in the race.
  18. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I think it's worth it. It works well at XGN, where I penalise blatantly reckless driving, on lap 1 only, with penalty ballast for the next round. Examples of driving that attract a penalty are rear ending the car in front, or an inside move that causes contact where you didn't really have control of your car, e.g. being too fast and understeering wide into the car beside you. It makes people think twice before they go for that greedy turn 1 divebomb. Penalty ballast works better than a points penalty because some people don't really care that much about the points, but nobody wants to be slowed down.
    tezpez85 and marty like this.
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I think that is a bit unfair mate. You have had a couple bad races, I know how that feels! I've also felt disheartened and frustrated with ACC and/or sim racing in general...but...actually I think I was frustrated with myself if I am being honest. I am right there in the mid pack with you and experiencing the same things you are, but I think if you just blame incidents, slower pace etc on everything around you, you are actually doing yourself a disservice and preventing yourself from learning/improving.

Getting through T1 in the mid pack is a skill every driver needs and if it means giving up a couple positions (or more!) then that is what it is. If you have pace in the mid pack, losing a couple of positions at the start will not ruin your race - but a crash and spin probably will.

There are lots of clean racers here all the way through the field and from a fair bit of personal experience, I can say that this is nothing like a public lobby. It is much faster and much safer here.

Re: the car - you're driving the same car as the guy leading the championship. So...

Ultimately you have to go back and watch your replays and those of the fast guys, think about the decisions you made and work out what happened and really ask yourself 'what could I have done differently?'. 'What are those fast guys doing that I am not?. This is the same for set-ups, getting faster, etc etc.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My race summary it was hard work but great fun, awesome battle with @Andy.

Qualy I knew I had some good qualy pace in the Porsche, had a pretty clean run and got in some good laps. Was amazed how close Andy got the Nissan here.

Race plan was to try keep the lead for lap 1 and hope Andy's pace wasnt going to hold up. I wemt a faor bit lighter on fuel to use the slightly slower race mal but save nearly 15L. I added a few more just incase I needed it for a bit more pace.

First few laps I kept ahead but could see this wasnt going to be easy, no matter what I tried I could make a big enough gap. My car was good out of the last corner but if Andy was less then .4 behind he would catch me on the main straight. I pretty much had to take the inside at each chance and try to win the braking battle. Amazingly this worked first stint, as soon as the pit window opened I had to go in. I knew Andy would if I didnt and the undercut was at least 5 tenths here per lap on fresh rubber.

He stopped the next lap and came out a little further back. Playing with ecu maps I accidently turned up tc to 8 instead of ecu to 8. Car felt a bit sluggish but had less pace then I expected but this was only a couple laps. I put the TC back down and ecu to full power but I still couldnt get away :p.

From there the battle continued with a pass attempt nearly every lap into t1. I had to make sure I had the inside as it was my only hope. We had some very close battles here with a few I thought I lost but managed to win the battle of the brakes for 55 minutes at least. ;)

Then with about 7 minutes to go I was losing lots of pace with pretty much nothing left in the tyres. Was odd as the night before I ran a longer then 35 minute stint and it hung on much better.

All I can think is Andy made my tyres go to :poop: with those main straight battles, as I had to take the inside line I was forced onto the marbles. If I didnt go there be would have and from the inside into t1 he would have got me fairly easily. This happened maybe all but about 5 laps in the second stint, the last 2 laps I was nearly 3 seconds slower and the last attack I had no defence. When he got past I then lost nearly 6 seconds in 3 laps. Really enjoyed the battle and its cool to see marbles have such an impact, Ive never had to defend so much in a race but the porsche may be fast in laptimes, its easily the slowest in a straight. Made for an interesting battle and winning a race here is never easy that is unless your Andy:alien: who was probably cruising all the way.