ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 5 Misano 60 minute sprint

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Apr 14, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 5 of the season will be next Monday April 20th for the 3rd Sprint cup round, with a 60 minute sprint race in the same format as the real Blancpain Sprint rounds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"

entry is also locked to only those on the season entry thread. All that started any rnd will be locked to the car they chose for the rest of the season.

Time scale will be 2x to make for a bit shorter weather segments then 1x allows, session times will be as below.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:00pm AEST (in game Friday 5pm)
    Qualifying 1, 15 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Saturday 5pm)
    Race 1, 30 minutes: 9:00pm AEST (in game Saturday 7pm)​

This will have a 10 minute midrace pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyres. there will be a 10 minute qualifying session before both races. Fuel is not allowed to be added during the race, don't be stingy with the free fuel as all you can do is fuel save or DNF if you don't start with enough.

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in the season entry thread.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night. You can enter even if you don't expect to run every round, there are 3 separate championships and an overall sprint enduro combined. This should allow those that cant do every race to still be in the running for something.

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEST on race night.
    Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Weather
    Dynamic settings will always be used not very high probability of rain this round but its always possible. The wednesday races had a typo in setup and were wetter then expected.

ROOZ servers 1, 2 and 9 will always be setup using the same weather settings as expected on the race night. Server 1 full practice is setup identically as it will be on Monday night.

The Wednesday races are usually a test of the weather so it should be finalized by Thursday night as it will be the next Monday, unless a clear issue is found in current settings during testing.

General temperatures will stay the same all week as initialy set on the non static practice servers, only chance of rain may be adjusted, temps are set close to what the real round had
    if the data is available.

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  3. Daniel Benefield

Daniel Benefield New Recruit

Are times meant to be AEST?
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Fixed, there are likely to be some errors come up when copy pasting most from a past round then making changes as needed.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have made server 08 a static wet practice server at Misano, this is fairly wet but if anyone wants it more or less wet let me know and I can tweak the setup for it.

I have also made server 1,2 and 9 with the weather settings expected for the races on Monday, it will be much less likely to be wet then the Wednesday races as there was a typo in rain setting there .55 instead of the intended .055 but I have made it .075 for the races monday. Server 2 is an Aussie short format server same as the Wednesday night races with no pass but SA85 and 3 medals for those not on our rooz entry lists. Server 9 is the same but on the Singapore server which may be better for a pub server as we cant set ping limits and the aussie server is likely to get 400+ pings in it if there are a few in.
    Shawn Jacobs likes this.
  6. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

The GTR is hard enough to drive around here (for me) as it is, I can't imagine what driving in the wet would be like :unsure:
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have tweaked the weather a bit less likely to rain again as I tried server 9 and it had more rain then not and a full race of white thunderstorm. The next qualy session was cool with a few puddles but mostly dry track, the next race session was again heavy rain into thunderstorm. :rolleyes:

Server 1,2 and 9 are running weather as expected for the races and this may get tweaked during the week if it looks too extreme and rain is much more then a 20% chance. Unfortunately there is no real good documentation on how weather is to be setup and the guide given a while ago by Minolin seems to not work as intended atm.

If having rain 0.075 (7.5%) and cloud cover 0.15 (15%) produces heavy thunderstorms along with a line added to reduce extreme weather conditions produces thunderstorms more often then not the actual weather setup and control we have as admins is massively limited. At least the good thing is its not scripted in any way so even the people setting the server dont really know what weather we will get on the night only vague probability that seems to mean very little. :D
  8. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Maybe I should come on here and b!tch about my fanatec power brick again because every time I do, not long after it comes to life. Another brown out 3 days ago and the self healing fuse has not healed itself once again.. Man I'd rather they use a conventional fuse I can swap out when need be..

Maybe I'll see you guys Monday, maybe I wont.. Have a good one if not..

Misano with 30+ cars would be a blast.. :thumbsup:
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

That was basically a :poop: waster of time. Spun around in the first lap, put in last place. Then I collected a car that spun in front of me in the fastest part of the track (just an accident), but gave me severe damage that I had to pit for repairs for. That put me out of sequence with everyone - I was held up, blue flagged, passed a couple of cars but then let everyone past when I felt I was holding up legit battles. Just catching up and being blue flagged for an hour. Not fun.
  10. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

Go kart track indeed.
    After a meh quali, managed to get through the start unscathed and was in a quick train.
    Tried a move up the inside and made contact o dropped down the order bit. Had a few good battles with Krunch, Smith, Gock and Dominiak after the pits but ultimately came to an end with a complete lack of spatial awareness and spinning Jeremy while letting him past. Caught back up to the pack and ended up having a big desync moment that caught me out.
    P19 from P16 and a few lessons in frustration management.
    Congrats to the winners (and finishers).
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Really a shame Wally, I haven't seen the replay as yet but with about 8 people many laps down due to early incidents we will see if there is anything that can be done to calm a few down early in the race. Last thing we want is peoples races ending first 5 minutes of the race. Some may need to consider that the race cant be won in the first few laps but just about any contact will take you and whoever you hit out of it. Results are up on the 2nd post and replay will be uploaded later tonight.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It was a pretty good battle up front, very close in qualy and @Kcender87 had some very good early pace there I was not really able to keep up. Seemed he was a bit harsh on his tyres and they fell away quite hard from mid way on both stints. Still it was quite a tough battle and I only really got a run on him because of traffic, not sure if the pass was 100% legit as I completed it well off track after we went side by side through t4 and t5, I felt I had to run wide to avoid a collision but will need to check the replay.

Then the end of the race @andyo450 was flying and I really hoped he didnt get too close as I had a couple off track warning already and my car was pretty sketchy in the fast section at the end of the back straight.
  13. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

p14!
    By far the best race I've had this season, or ever! I made few mistakes and when I did they didn't ruin anyone else's race, and I only lost a few tenths. BUT I did under fuel my car because I did the maths wrong and had to bump up into engine map 3-5 just to make it. I made with only 0.5L but I made it nonetheless :D
    Thank you for the great battles, Dominiak and Gock. Hopefully we take up most of the highlight reel ;)
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Race report: Started 4th, finished 4th. The end. Almost got @Kcender87 right at the end as his tyres had turned into Belgian waffles. Alas, not to be.

On to Britannia

[​IMG]
    marty, Coanda and Sparksy84 like this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

c4rLo5 and Coanda like this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I had fun tonight, didn’t have much pace and was really impressed with the other silver drivers on this track, very nice race to the three in front of me! I had no hope of a class podium today. The pro class front runners...you guys are ridiculous...well done!

The start was a bit messy and some collisions ahead and behind me, people just bailing and driving off the track...very interesting...I think there was a mix of people pushing hard to find gaps and others just holding almost double file lines through the first few corners to try and avoid collisions - ultimately just not enough space left as inside line drivers turned in perhaps a touch late and outside line drivers a touch early - finding eachother on the centreline of the track, I saw this twice and got a touch/touched someone myself but luckily very minor and no harm done to either I think.

I had a contact with shane at the end and I was pretty sure at the time I didn’t do anything weird or wrong to cause it, just felt like we were close together in the braking zone and as shane brakes later it was inevitable once we had committed to the corner from those positions. I watched the replay a few times and still felt the same...but less sure...gave it another 15 minutes and watched it again and now I can see it from shanes perspective. The line I took was normal to me as I’d been driving it like that all race - I try to turn the two corners into one in a V shape - but thinking about it more and watching the replay I can see that this is not that normal a line, and actually as shane said in discord, to him it was like I took the inside to defend and then braked diagonally out to the outside as he took the outside line and was braking straight down the curb. In the end I 100% agree with shane - my fault I think and although not intentional (I wasn’t even defending as I knew I was .5 a lap slower so really just wanted him past without losing time so I could focus on catching Jorgensen) totally avoidable had I just stuck on one line or the other. So apologies Shane - also for disagreeing at the time - I had to learn a lesson to see it and that took a minute to absorb! I hope no harm done to your race mate.

all that said, enjoyable racing with you all as always!
    krunch, Coanda, tezpez85 and 2 others like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

For the second or third time now the self healing fuse in my Fanatec power brick healed itself directly after the race.. I have been trying every few hours since last Wednesday's brownout and just now it came good.. That's just weirdo.. :mad::confused:

I think the powers that be are trying to tell me something.. STOP hanging out with you mongrels! :p
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I am working on firmware with fanatec to make sure you are out so I can gain a place mate. Once we have perfected it, we will launch to the general public and I will become very competitive in certain circles! Your help deveoping the beta is much appreciated...muhahhaa
    krunch and Coanda like this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Wasn't me Stevey, I won't touch Fanatec beta drivers as they cook wheels.. :eek::laugh:

Trying to get a new power brick out from the US however I don't think fedex will come to my location at the moment..
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Can we restart the race now..? :D

how did everyone find the suspension & tyre updates in 1.3.10/11..?