ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 7 Zandvoort 2x30 minute Sprints

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Apr 28, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There is a big gain if you nail the stop right on the mark maybe 2-3 seconds if they dont have to adjust the car but its pretty much a fluke if you get that. I did race 1 nail it but race 2 missed it by a fair bit. Also if you stay out a bit longer there may be a small undercut or even if you stay out and get some clear track instead of being stuck in traffic.

Results are half done but the results site is struggling atm and I cant access it at all. They will be up later, thanks all for the races and see you next week at Suzuka.
    GT-71CKL likes this.
  2. kuda

kuda Rookie

Zandvoort might be my favourite track, right amount of elevation changes and banked corners. R1 was a lot of fun, somehow got through lap 1 incidents unscathed, finished up on a season high #2 in class. R2 was back to my usual run of luck this season, internet cut out during formation lap and on re-join started from pit with a 30 something second gap. Still can't complain too much, compared to previous races tonight was a good one.
  3. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

The pitstops feel very hit or miss to the point where I just wish they would service the car if you're in the box regardless of marks, but maybe that's just me.

R1: Qualified pretty badly but made some spots up at the start, Frost went off ahead and came back on leaving a 3 wide turn 3 that (I think) ended up being pretty clean, after that not much really happened to my race

R2: Did better in Qualifying, not really sure what happened at turn 1. I was following Shuttleworth and they were slowing down and just came to an almost dead stop at turn 1 which caused me to hit the back of them. I forgot to check to replay to see the cause, either something happened ahead or they sent it hard on the inside and didn't have anywhere to go. Nearly had a big shunt in the rear when Gock wanted a tow from me on the inside of the straight, not knowing I was on the inside not to block, but to pit and the entrance is really sudden so you just have to slam on the brakes luckily we both got away with it.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

They really need to fix this - GT Sport makes cars transparent in the pits. Would be extra helpful to hit your marks. I've had a race ruined because of this too. Maybe we can start a thread on ACC forums?
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Plagued by technical troubles tonight - could not disengage pit limiter half of the time and had the game switching on the racing line, automatic gears and all sorts at random. When I quit To restart during Q2 I got an unreal engine crash - reboot, rejoin...unreal crash again. Did this a few more times and gave up.

Verified game files, all good...tried to open fanatec driver which I had updated earlier for my new rim and crash - aha! Re-install the driver, re calibrate everything and re-bind all the buttons, went for a test a laguna seca and everything is working fine. So weird. Absolutely love the new rim (formula V2) but I hope this doesn’t happen again!

well done to all finishers as always and sorry to hatfield who was behind me when my pit limiter stuck and the inevitable happened - so sorry mate, hope not too much damage or time lost.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results are added to first 2nd post along with race highlights, unfortunately highlights are pretty bugged in the current build and mostly focus on 1 person and pretty much miss every pass. I tried some manual car switching but it doesn't do much but it shows some of the field and only a couple passes even though I know many more were made.

Race starts need a look at as the spacing isn't really working up front, your meant to stay side by side and not go right up to the cars ahead, if the 80kmh speed limit isnt being stuck to by the lead pair thats not good either. Wednesday I will test full formation with the Kunos rules and start widget, at least this ensures people don't go early and will avoid people running right up the rear of others. A full formation should be better then the short formation start as everyone will be single file and it will tell you to go left or right lane. The start ensures people don't go before the green, if it continues on the path we went tonight with the starts then better off letting Kunos penalties kick in.

Here is race 1 start Andy is trying to stick to 80kmh and I needed to go well over this to keep up with those in the left lane, Daniel could have got a penalty here by speeding and also going a bit early, Andrew Laurenson was over 80kmh the entire straight and still daniel gained on him and went a bit early. There wont be one given but if people are going to abuse the race starts and no auto rules we just need to see how Kunos deals with this and their start system.

Race 2 I am trying to go 80 and going backwards, Andy again tried to stick to the limit but the rest in the front pack were taking advantage of this speed limit so the manually enforced method just isn't working any more. In the replay we dont even see the point of the green flag so its impossible to manually enforce this and I don't want to be spending an hour after every race checking who is speeding and giving out penalties for this post race if people simply cant stick to the set speed limit that all should know.
    tezpez85 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

You also see some of it in the midpack, but that might be due to the concertina effect of people at the back having shorter time to catch up for a double file start
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Im sure it goes on through the pack in sections and with 33 cars on the grid its very hard to really get a look at what's happening, the full formation with start widget should be able to work ok. There may be some getting penalties but at least this has a big speed display on your screen so even those with cars that have a crappy speedo can see this. Probably be fairest for all overall and speeding or going early is a drive through so I suspect all will do better with that enabled. ;)
    TakFR likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I think the Porsche boys have it out for the Audi boys.. :sneaky:

Not trying start any bullsh!t as things happen and I am not dirty as I am not in the championship fight and it's all a bit of fun for me.. That said let me know if there is something I am doing wrong because there has been two similar incidents in the first lap or two of the last two race weekends.. If need be I am happy to make an adjustment to my driving style or mindset. No problem. In my mind I don't think there is a real passing opportunity particularly with the profile of these two corners and I think it is a little dangerous to be poking the nose up the inside so late.. In both cases I just drove a fairly normal line for me..

Silverstone was a longer race and the incident came at a tight corner which is known to cause issues so I think a little more caution could have been taken as we are also fat with fuel and on cold tyres. After the coming together, Daniel came on the mic and suggested that if he braked earlier he maybe could have been cleaned up from behind.. I simply don't get that mentality.. To that I say drive to what is happening in front of you and don't worry about hypothetical scenarios that may or may not come from behind.. And besides Terry is a great driver and I don't think he would have hit him anyway..

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Frostwa and tezpez85 like this.
  10. Daniel Benefield

Daniel Benefield New Recruit

The Silverstone one, if I brake earlier, I get punted into you anyway. Not much I could have really done tbh.
  11. Sparksy84

Sparksy84 Rookie

If anyone's interested in 30 minutes of me covering apexs, here's the raw replay of R2 from my end.
    Coanda, tezpez85 and Wally like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My bad in that case but I will check my replay as I suspect lag may have had some issue there. I thought I was closer with more overlap but I will need to compare the replays.
    Coanda likes this.
  13. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

For sure Marty that makes absolute sense to me. I have had this happen to me once against a Pro Euro driver at Zolder. What he saw and what I saw were two different things.. You are a extremely fair driver and for a year or so I have never had any issues racing hard and close with you when the opportunity presents itself.. Many times I am behind and I see you and Andy tucked up behind a slower driver (like myself) and for lap after lap you guys don't make a lunge/pass. In these moments I think to myself, what are they waiting for..? That tells me your mindset..

No issues here mate.. :thumbsup:
  14. tezpez85

@marty yeah let's use start widget. It's hard not to subconsciously go a millimetre more on the throttle when you see the guys in front edging away before the start.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  15. Wally

Wally Team Driver

The starts are really erratic at the back of the pack. Speed can be anywhere between 10 and 150 at the end of the accordion.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  16. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Idea - so, with the starts (and tell me if its already been tried or if this isnt the desired result) - if we are aiming for a nice tightly bunched field and no unfair jump starts, would it be useful to give control of the field to the pole who must maintain approx 80 till green and the rest of the field's speed is dictated by the pole as follows? 2nd should then be dead alongside pole and and the following row simply bunches up behind the first and so on. That way you have one car that dictates the speed of the rest and everyone in the pack can look at the road and not the dash. To best of my knowledge, thats how the actual rolling starts function otherwise you have everyone trying to maintain 80 which has some slightly over, some under and some fluctuating resulting in a traffic 'wave' moving through the field as people aim for the speed and also aim not to hit the guy in front. I know in those races I was split between VR squinting at the dash, looking right to see where Andy was, and looking for the lights which obviously makes anyone's ability to do any one of those things well limited.

If the above is implemented and there is a situation where the leader is slightly over speed then 2nd can simply pull along side, and the second row bunches up etc. So long as the leaders speed is relatively constant to the flag then you still have a bunched field albeit going a few kph over 80. Alternativly you inject 30 or so points of failure into the start procedure by having each car have to maintain a target speed regardless of how well those around it do. With the above method there are far less opportunities for the field to fail to be bunched up and would really come down to a situation where the leader decided to flat out cheat and run off - which could be swiftly dealt with and easily identified.

Low and behold this great wisdom :p

Also great race, good pressure and good fun!
    tezpez85 likes this.
  17. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I think the thing that needs to get fixed is the pit box itself. I'm not a fan of ghosting in pit lane, I come from rf2 so I'm used to having to pit slightly awkwardly if there's a car close to the box but the fact you have to be in your box so perfectly is what frustrates me. There's a much larger room for error in rf2 that works so much better.

The first race where someone was directly in my box I understand as there's only 25 pit boxes and 32 cars, it was just my bad luck that I boxed at that time

Just a little frustrated at myself last night, both races I couldn't get a good quali in and it affected both the races as it's so hard to overtake. I thought I had decent pace for much better results but it wasn't to be
    tezpez85 likes this.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I'm only going to reply to you once as I do not want to publicly play ping pong as it is a waste of my time and energy. You should consider slowing your roll a little as this is a long championship of endurance racing and also accept when you make a mistake rather than making excuses. It's OK, I make mistakes all the time and I have off days. I did not official protest as I prefer to do my talking on the track and I didn't even mention you on this forum after Silverstone even though this was the second incident with you in two races. Backing off 1% at the start is not going to change much for you. You have enough pace to get the job done.

The race before (as I missed Misano) you aggressively hit me in Hells corner on lap 1 which put me into Matt Jorgensen which cost him a lot of positions. Everyone knows Hells corner in the dark and on cold tyres should be a little tentative but not you.. Straight in there balls deep.. You then cleaned me up in Silverstone as you straight lined it into the tightest corner on the track and you are always playing silly games on the rolling start procedure knowing the Porsche has mega acceleration. I have not raced around you enough to fully understand your style and what type of bloke you are, however it seems to me that you want it so bad, which you have publicly announced that your here and that you can run with the top 3, that maybe it clouds your judgment at times.. You can not force every little gap that presents itself or like I said, make moves based on hypothetical scenarios going on behind you.

I'm sure one day I will hit you in the rear bumper and and when I do, I'll be the first to put my hand up and say sorry I f@#ked up..
    SteveDrivingSlowly and tezpez85 like this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

A little message for the new comers.. A thousand hours in ACC and I still did a stupid thing with the R2 pit strategy.. :confused::laugh:

My R2 pit strategy used tyre set 25 which I already used on my second stint of R1. I forgot to change this tyre set to 26 or 27 before race start. I even forgot that the MFD now tells you if a tyre set has been used. A white circle means a fresh set and a black circle next to the tyre set means they have been used. It cost lap time however lucky they only had 15 mins of wear taken out of them.

This mistake could be really painful at somewhere like Spa..
    tezpez85 likes this.
  20. tezpez85

Happens to the best of us Jezza, I can understand the frustration. The only strat I can think of to counter this is to pit as early as possible if in a good position.
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.