ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 8 Suzuka 2hr Intercontinental GT Challenge

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, May 5, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 8 of the season will be next Monday 11th of May for the 2nd Intercontinental GT Challenge round, with a 2hr endurance race in the same format as the real ICGT rounds.

This will have a 65 minute max stint time, with a mandatory stop to add fuel. Tyres are optional on the stop and fuel is limited at 25 seconds for any amount. Time scale will be 5x as the real round is a 10hr race.

Free Practice 45 minutes: 8:00pm AEST (in game Saturday 2pm)
    Qualifying, 15 minutes: 8:45pm AEST (in game Saturday 6pm)
    Race, 120 minutes: 9:00pm AEST (in game Sunday 10am)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in the season entry thread.

RACE/PRACTICE SERVERS PASSWORD "Season2"
    The race server does have a locked entry list so if you haven't officially entered into the season you wont be able to get in on the night. You can enter even if you don't expect to run every round, there are 3 separate championships and an overall sprint enduro combined. This should allow those that cant do every race to still be in the running for something.

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEST on race night.
    Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

Please note whatever car you start your first official race in, will what you need to use for the full season.

NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.

Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.

FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE

This will be full formation lap using Kunos widget start procedure. Our Wednesday tests show this works quite well atm and should avoid any admins needing to manually enforce rules. Still anyone seen trying to gain an unfair advantage in any way during the start procedure may get a post race 30 second penalty.

Its fairly straightforward, follow what it tells you. No weaving once we go double file the start sequence is staggered so no reason to ever run up the back of anyone. It keeps the gaps and then sets the pace for the start at 70kmh max.

Yanet's Weather Forecast
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Weather will be most likely dry with a small chance of light rain.

Multi Driver teams
    Any drivers wanting to team up and share the driving load for any rounds can do so this season, you will need to let us know by 6:30pm on race night but ideally ASAP to ensure admins have time to pair you up in the entry list. Drivers teamed up will need to be in the same class and the car used if both are in different cars will be the one of the driver currently rated higher in the season, if both are on equal points it will be the driver with the higher season qualifying rank.

Protests and Penalties.
    For any official protests post race please see this thread for info on how to lodge a protest. This is not to be done in the race threads.
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Coanda and Sparksy84 like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This will be the final round people that have had more then 2 season round starts can enter without having set a qualifying time in the qualifying server.

We have had 7 rounds already and there has been plenty of time to set a lap time there, some guys have ran most rounds of the season without yet putting in a lap time, even if you will be AM we at least need a time. All new season entries will need to set a lap time in the qualifying server before getting access to the Monday night race server.

It is a season entry requirement and we want to ensure all AM drivers have a reasonable chance to fight for a class win. The next season nobody will be added to the entry list before setting a valid qualifying time.
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Wally and Frostwa like this.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

This is 2 hours I’m guessing? Schedule in first post says 90min
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will fix, common issues as most of the OP are copied from past rounds and adjusted as needed. I usually miss at least one thing at some point, thanks for pointing it out its always helpful. Even when I read the full post I somehow miss the odd detail here and there. :p
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have replied to some comments from the Zandvoort race thread here as its more relevant in the current race thread then the past race regarding start procedures.
    I hate the widget too, would be nice if we could get a server set start speed and auto drive throughs for this before green on front straight prior to start.

Going by the reactions this Suzuka round we will run full manual again with strict 30 second post race penalty for anyone going over 80kmh on the front straight, some leniency will be given early on but just prior to green this will be a very black and white if over 80kmh 30 seconds time penalty. If the lead car has a jump on the field out of last turn its their responsability to ensure there is a fair start, the pole car will be given very small margins. They can slow up a little to allow all to form up properly and those behind can exceed limit early on the straight to get into proper positions.

Anyone driving closer to the cars ahead then the normal grid spots will also get a penalty. This does mean it will take a few people post race to judge all starts and penalties will be consistent for all. This will be tested and we will see how much extra work this includes post race and what kunos does with v1.4.

Regarding positioning the grid spots are fairly clearly marked and you cant be closer then the lead car of the lane ahead then you would be on the regular grid. In this example you can see the Porsche is well inside this and the Nissan is a little behind the Ferrari but the Ferrari was about 6kmh over the speed limit so we just want to try clean this up as much as we can. The cars should actually be lined up side by side or close enough to it, even if grids are staggered as here it doesnt mean the rolling start should be staggered.
    [​IMG]
    Coanda likes this.
  7. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Would using the pit limiter be an option coming out of the final corner? Then there's no issue with speeding, just push the limiter button again when the lights go green?
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Main issue with that is its only 50kmh, this will be a bigger disadvantage to some cars then others. For the lead car to allow others to catch up at the limiter they would be at risk of stalling and going way too slow.

Also the cars at the back will be allowed to go a bit over the limit early if needed to get into position. If all cars are on the limiter then it depends on the formation at the last turn. This often is tricky to maintain and green is normally well after this point so giving people time to get into a good formation without a set speed limit. Just prior to green is when all positions will be checked along with cars speeds regarding post race penalties. The lead car can go any pace between 70 and 80kmh but it needs to be a fairly consistent pace at least 5 seconds before the green flag.
    Jeremy Talbot likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

My mindset is a lot more weighted to the guy next to me rather than the guys in front.. I am happy to just get through T1 without a hit and ideally not get passed by the guy I am lined up next to. Then I can try to build my race..

Always looking for a pass with the drivers in front in a Enduro is flirting with danger. If an opportunity in front presents, great, bonus..

... and lets be honest, the collision model in ACC is not 100% realistic. Small taps can have fairly big consequences..

... anyway isn't Yanet looking extra tasty today.. :sneaky:
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  10. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Doesn't matter what day it is, she's always looking tasty :D
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    Rolz and Coanda like this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

for all you 80's movie fans..
    Rolz and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

After the test Wednesday we will go with the Kunos full formation lap, it has been improved a bit and really cant see how people could have trouble with it as it is.
    AeroDynamicMilk likes this.
  13. TakFR

TakFR Rookie

I've had the game crash on me within 30 seconds of racing every time i've launched since the update and I haven't changed anything, so not sure if I'll be in this one. I'll verify file integrity and update drivers tomorrow to see if that helps

EDIT: Verifying Files got it to work, one large file was corrupted somehow so make sure to check that out if anyone else has any issues.
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Brad Jesson and tezpez85 like this.
  14. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

yep i had same issue on tuesday night ended up needing to re download 9.2gb of files lol
    TakFR likes this.
  15. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

Hey all, id like to do the race half half with hayden benefield please if thats okay. 2 hours makes it too late for me in nz with work in the morning :(
    marty likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ok I have just added you guys in as a team for this round, you can test this in Server 1 full Practice to see if its working correctly.

Also everyone in this server while its a practice server outside of the Monday night race sessions is set as an admin, you can skip sessions etc with the admin commands. If you want to skip to qualy, race or restart sessions basic session commands are /next /restart.
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I’ve also been having a lot of drama after the last update, crashing, corrupted set-ups etc...yikes!
    TakFR likes this.
  18. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

thanks marty will test it tonight!
  19. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

driver swap working fine Marty!
    marty likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was up early this morning so decided to watch this race. David Perel was a bit robbed by the stewards, very odd decision giving a drive through after a full redress that cost him at least 10 seconds, he also hit a Nissan in @andyo450 colours so this should be ok, maybe it even is Andy? has anyone ever seen them 2 in the same race. :D
    TakFR likes this.