ACC ACC Season 2 Monday's rnd 9 Nurburgring 60m Sprint Cup

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, May 12, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Really hope they fix the lobby soon, not a lot possitive about it and it seems it was down lots this week too, bad luck mate and see you next round.

My race was fairly uneventful, qualy had traffic on my first go. Then had a clear run on the last lap and gave up 5 tenths through the chicane. Race I didnt have a great start just held position then followed the terry train for the rull distance. :D
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Also one to forget for me! For some reason I just went to pieces, couldn’t clear my head of life stuff blah blah and just never got my concentration together. Enjoyed the last two laps! Hahaha...
    krunch and Coanda like this.
  3. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Thanks that was fun. I made contact twice sadly, with whom forgot, I think different cars. Meant to keep the replay but only 30 minutes are there for some reason. Anyways, if it was you, sorry for the contact into T1 and the contact after spinning when I was being lapped. Mea culpa. Both were due to lack of skill on my part.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

[​IMG]
    krunch, Jeremy Talbot, Coanda and 2 others like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Coanda and krunch like this.
  6. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I wasn't able to do any laps in this track until race day so I knew I wouldn't have any chance in this one. I was hoping for a top 10 and that's what I received.

You guys at the top had phenomenal speed, even with more practise I don't think I could have got close. Plus I really don't think the Mercedes, or any front engined car really, suit that track with all its tighter corners. Hopefully Paul Ricard next week will be more suited
    andyo450 and tezpez85 like this.
  7. Flukey

Flukey Rookie

Felt confident going into this one as I had managed to finally get this BMW to handle how I wanted it in all sectors and thought I could get up in AM class and mix it with some of the silver boys but unfortunately on two separate occasions I basically ran out of Talent that cost me and others so I apologies to those drivers I had incidents with....
    Coanda likes this.
  8. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

I had an alright race which is nice coming off the back of 2 races where I didn't do too well. Although I made some quite dumb mistakes which would've cost me a few places. I had managed to gain some lost places with an undercut on a lot of people and was fighting Wally prior to the pits but I when I saw his spin in the pits I did kind of laugh, sorry about that wally. The second half of the race was mostly defending for me. There are a couple incidents I'm not happy about though. While defending against Asher, I had covered the inside line but he pushed his way into the inside line when the gap wasn't there (can sorta be seen in the highlights at about 8:46, though the camera angle hides it well). He would've gotten past anyway, but I feel that it was unnecessary. Then I had bad luck again when lapping a car, he lost control on the marbles while trying to let me through and unfortunately that's just bad luck.
    JamesT likes this.
  9. Brad Jesson

Brad Jesson New Recruit

just looked at the highlights. there was enough room there although he definately forced the issue. you kind of had 2 choices. u either needed to defend harder and not leave the car width or just give up the position especially if he was going to pass you anyway. my judgement would have been well if hes going to be that aggressive its best to self preserve and just let the person go.

Something that frustrated me last night was after being spun on lap 1 and being at the back and coming through the field. how many of the guys at the back were viciously defending position against me and a few others who were top 10 qualifiers trying to get back through the pack.

I fail to understand the point of defending vs somebody who is 2+ seconds a lap faster than yourself at the beginning of the race. its inevitable they are going to pass anyway so why hold both yourself and them up and potentially cause an incident.

I remember one particular example. I came across 2 AM cars who were about 1 - 1.5 sec apart. i was catching them by about 2.5 seconds a lap. the first guy i come to recognized the difference in pace and moved aside and let me straight through and tucked in behind best he could. second car put up a huge fight defending like mad into corners etc. after a couple corners i got a run on them and despite that he still forced the issue into the braking zone and got hung out to dry. this allowed the first car i passed to also pass him. So the guy not only cost himself time but also lost a position to the guy he was battling. and made me frustrated in the process.
  10. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yeah, I knew that must have looked pretty funny. Now imagine me swearing and laughing at the same time.
  11. JamesT

JamesT Rookie

Sorry mate, I think that was me. In the Micky Mouse section at turn 3, right? Sorry about the collision.
  12. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

My Nurbergring race result looks a bit crappy to be honest. Qual 21st hmmm. Finish 21st hmmm.

But there's just something about driving this Porsche. A bit of lift-off into the corner. Nice. Hit the throttle and it practically "lifts off" out of corners! Cool. But best of all it always lifts the corners of my mouth into a smile no matter what has happened in the race. I love driving it! :)

My race was crippled on lap 1 at T4. Just ahead of me some cars had an incident. I jinked left which was my only option (apart from exchanging expensive parts with the other cars). I thought I'd get through but one of the cars obviously hadn't quite crashed enough and decided to keep rolling rapidly backward straight into my narrowing path. We clipped and I was flung heavily backward into the wall.

So... rear aero damage. In a Porsche. Fully recommended if you like going sideways more than forwards. Somehow I did not crash. Every corner felt like an achievement! I had no pace but I wasn't last yet. I couldn't fight other cars but I knew I had a mid race pitstop ahead of me. I got the hang of the new 'setup' I'd been given and enjoyed the challenge.

As soon as the pit window opened I was in. The bodywork fix only added 15 seconds to my stop and I had my old sparring partner @c4rLo5 for company as he was doing the same thing. I exited the pits on his bumper and we had yet another cool battle for many laps. I snuck past when he braked too late for the hairpin and I focussed on seeing if I could catch anyone else ahead.

Just as I started closing the gap ahead the leaders started passing through us backmarkers like a dodgey vindaloo. There may have been a few extra skidmarks but hopefully they didn't cause anyone to get 'backed up'. That could only lead to a nasty case of nurburnt ring which forces a driver to take a brown line through the S bend, so it's best to avoid that for everyone's sake really.

Through all that I was able to make some gains (without the strains) and grabbed a coupled more spots before the end to finish right back where I'd started. Crappy? Nope. Happy? Yep. After all, some people don't even have a wheel that works ;)
  13. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I love reading your posts @krunch :roflmao:
    krunch likes this.
  14. Nathan A.

Nathan A. New Recruit

Hi Milk,
    I did have an incident later in the race at turn 4 that I wasn't proud of and came off badly for me, but not sure what the concern is on this one. I did have a run on you out of the Esses and approached probably much quicker than we both expected. You shut the door and I had to jink, then you left room and the pass was done, no contact... fair enough in my view, so what is the issue? Genuine question mate, since I actually thought it was good hard racing.

Cheers
    AeroDynamicMilk likes this.
  15. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

The only crash I had this week was cause by a cpu overheating and shutting my computer down.......didn't even finish a lap. I think this season is cursed for me. Lets see what Paul Ricard throws up....:)
    Coanda likes this.
  16. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

I think with the front engined cars in these tighter tracks it's pretty much a case of max the rear wing and then add rear height until you get the aero balance back to where you want it. They all have enough power to push through the extra drag I think without a huge loss to straight line speed except maybe the Bentley but its so damn fast through the high speed stuff anyway it doesn't matter too much
    Jeremy Talbot and Wally like this.
  17. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Thanks for that Andy, I'll try utilise that going forward :thumbsup:
  18. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

Oh so there was no contact on your end? on my end you rear ended me and forced open the inside. Guess it was just another latency thing. No hard feelings at all though
    Coanda likes this.