ACC ACC Season 2/3 qualifying server

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Mar 7, 2020.

?

Which track should season 2 league qualifying server be at?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2020.
  1. Barcelona

5.0%
  2. Bathurst

15.0%
  3. Brands Hatch

5.0%
  4. Hungaroring

5.0%
  5. Kyalami

40.0%
  6. Laguna Seca

5.0%
  7. Nurbrugring

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Spa

10.0%
  9. Suzuka

10.0%
  10. Zandvoort

5.0%
  1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Ahh yes that makes sense mate.

I was just gonna write that about switching cars mid session - I am not sure what happens in the results files when you do that. If it creates a new driverId then it may be possible for me to pull the data out separately, but I'm not sure...
  2. Balimaar

Balimaar Rookie

Oh ok. Just a bit weird because whenever I joined with a new car I swear it was a new session because the timer was new and my old lap wasnt on the board.

No biggie. Ill just head in in a bit and beat the Ferrari time and make it official
  3. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I wonder if that's why I lost connection then?

I'll do my best to beat that time but not sure I'll be able to :laugh:
  4. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

power cuts yesterday so the fanatec PSU won't fire up again.. fingers x it starts working again so I can join in.. :unsure:
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

LuciuxNexx and Shawn Jacobs like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As long as your within 1.5 sec of fastest time your in "pro" class so lets just hope @andyo450 doesnt do a 1:38 and get the class to himself. :D

There will be a rule change now as I was in the server with Andy trying a bunch of cars, the results only show the last car he used so we will go back to last seasons rule for car selection. Qualy in whatever car you want and pick whatever car you want to start the season, the car you start your first race in will be your car for the full season.
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

It would be good to balance the classes at the end of the day. I know more times will be set, but for now there's 6 pro and 2 silver. It might good to just split all the times into thirds at the end.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We have that option but as we have 32 entries we really wont know until most if not all set times. I am fairly sure more Silver and AM times will come up, last season there werent many AM drivers but even there you dont really want to move people to AM just to balance the classes and so the newer guys wont get much chance of a class podium if say the bottom few silvers move down to AM.

I think its quite likely that Pro and Am will mostly balance out like they did last season, but there is still that option to rescale it a littpe if it needs it once all have set times and its very imbalanced between the top 2 classes.
    LuciuxNexx likes this.
  9. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

Yeah I expect I'll be joining silver before too long, damn those are some fast lap times! Seriously impressive.
  10. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Rookie

Seems the lambo might suite me better then the AMG, found a bit of pace straight away.
    LuciuxNexx and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  11. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Probably best to ignore anytime I put up in the Audi @marty . I have no intention of running it this season and it'll probably put a few guys down to silver who shouldn't other wise be there. Just wanted to see how quick it could go.

Don't get drawn into the trap of judging these cars on one lap pace Shaun. They're very up and down performance wise track to track. A car thats strong over one lap may suffer over a longer distances as well.
    For instance last season the 720 was quick over a single lap at most tracks but ate tyres like no tomorrow at a few of them.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

@andyo450 - curious mate, what time did you do in the Audi..?

After seeing its full potential I am sure team Audi will be trying it's hardest to replace me.. :sick:
    SteveDrivingSlowly and andyo450 like this.
  13. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

1.39.957 I think, something around that
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

mate your an animal and whats more impressive is you can do it in all cars :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: / :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i better start looking for a new team..
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

MiSSILE. Bloody hell mate nice lap.

I reckon keep the time in the qualifier - Should be on display somewhere!

I had a lot of fun tonight tweaking my set-uo and for the first time ever felt like some changes I made actually improved things a bit. I couldn’t set a faster time but I got a lot of laps close and it was feeling a lot less like I was pushing it to the very edge to get there.
    marty likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Well qualifiers are open in any car, I tried the Ferrari and didn't beat my 911 time. I think in the Porsche I could do maybe 1:40.4 if I out a lap together maybe a little more with setup if I really new what to do there but I don't. :D

At least now the grades are a bit more balanced and there is still time, I thought Andy would get into the 1:39's but didn't think I would.
    andyo450 likes this.
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yes, the pro/silver/am splits are looking nice now.
    Rolz likes this.
  18. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Just missing @Godzilla and @tezpez85 from the list, but can take their last season efforts into consideration... looks like we have a solid number of drivers this season and a great spread so all classes should have top battles!
    LuciuxNexx likes this.
  19. LuciuxNexx

LuciuxNexx Rookie

I'm pretty happy where I'm at right now.

At least I was until i saw Andy's lap time :p great job!
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

yes indeed - once those two are in pro this looks really perfect I think!