ACC ACC Singapore Wednesday night race

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Sep 1, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

As the other thread is for the Monday races and possibly Thursday if @Rolz wants to run them again whe he is back. Mondays will be raced from our Aussie servers but Wednesday will be run from a Singapore server which allows us to race people from other regions as the local numbers are pretty low in ACC currently.

Wednesdays current format is 2x 30 minute sprints with 8.30 AEST qualifying with a 60 to 30 minute practice session before this. Open to SA80 and 3 medals with a 250ms ping limit still but this server location allows us to have just about all but south America inside this limit on good connections.

The next Wednesday race will be at Paul Ricard on 5th of September.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    krunch likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race server will be started at 7:30pm AEST qualy 1 will be at 8:30pm AEST.

Format tonight at Paul Ricard will be 4x time scale.

60 minute practice, day 1, 4pm.

10 minute qualy 1, day 2, 9am

30 minute race 1, day 2, 2pm

10 minute qualy 2, day 3, 7pm

30 minute race 2, day 3, 9pm

Race sessions will be closed but you should be able to join server in all other sessions. Unsure if you can join in q2 as I have not tested this format but others posted saying it works for a 2 qualy 2 race weekend in current build.
    Pudlea likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server is up but will be restarted at 7pm AEST to allow some late entry list changes.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

FP
    [​IMG]
    Q1
    [​IMG]
    R1
    [​IMG]
    Q2
    [​IMG]
    R2[​IMG]
    krunch, Pudlea, Drathuu and 3 others like this.
  5. Pudlea

Pudlea New Recruit

Thanks for allowing us to race. Was challenging, never really drive Paul Ricard before so learning the track and dealing with the rain was a bit fun. Looks like I have lots of catching up to do :(
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for joining in, was a tricky night. I also had some troubles with the Porsche in race 1 so switched to the Lambo race 2. Except it was the Trofeo and giving up 35kmh on the straight was far from ideal. :oops:

Weather on the servers is dynamic but quite conservative, still it can throw up some wetness like last night. Especially in the practice session it was very sketchy.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Apologies I missed last night - big day at work and didn’t make it hone in time.

Looks like numbers were good - hope you all ad a great race!
    krunch and tezpez85 like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For the coming Wednesday night we will be racing at Misano 2x 30 minutes on the Singapore server, we only got 1 international visitor on the Monday night race but will see how it goes and I will drop SA back down to 75 as I put it up to 80 on Monday.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and nanlatt like this.
  9. Frosty

Frosty New Recruit

I will try and make tonight's race had fun last week and that track is not a track i drive often on. see u all tonight.
    Frosty/Frosty76561198005128641/
    My In game racing name is Halil Sezer
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This is a different GUID to the one you posted in the steam id thread, is that for another person or is this one incorrect? If you got in last week then you should already either have the required rating or the ID below was the correct one.

11. Frosty

Frosty New Recruit

the one i posted last Wednesday is the same i thought
    my steam name is Frosty but i race under my real name dude
    \
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If you can check to make sure you can get into a raceonoz SA75 server now then it should be ok. I will set the race server up at 7:30 AEST with 60 min practice so if you can make sure your ok before then it will help out. ;)
    Frosty likes this.
  13. Frosty

Frosty New Recruit

bro i just checked im all good thank you see u on trackside
    marty likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Server is up

Edit: note to all seems there were some windows updates as I updated the servers and my home pc just then. They should now be fine but anyone wanting to race may want to ensure update is done firs or put on hold to avoid it eating your bandwith while trying to race.
  15. Frosty

Frosty New Recruit

sorry guys my wheel was not centering so i didn't want to be in the way tonight hope to sort it out for next week
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys for the races, maybe lucky we had to restart the practice server as first attempt it was the Monday drizzle but second attempt it stayed dry.

Here are the results from the races tonight.
    FP1
    [​IMG]
    Q1
    [​IMG]
    R1
    [​IMG]
    Q2
    [​IMG]
    R2
    [​IMG]
  17. SteveDrivingSlowly

Great races and well done Marty on the double win.

Had a great battle with Cameron Beller in R1 but he was just too quick for me and a couldn’t catch him after he swept past me - ended up pushing too hard and making a few mistakes as my tyres started to overheat.

R2 was pretty straightforward for the first twenty minutes but then I spun out taking too much curb and dropped back into a great fight with vandelay and mesafto. I was at the back and closing right up until two laps from the end when I managed to get the inside line on the tight left hander after the kinked straight (T6 maybe?) and sneak past vandelay as he ran wide. After that i was on mesaftos tail until the end but couldnt get close enough to make a move. Huge fun! Thanks all!
    fRZn and marty like this.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the highlights from the 2 races, There is no way of changing camera in these as it goes back to cam 1 next cut. Can see what happened to Garcia Monolo in race 1 as he got the ACC disconnection and flew off track. There is a selection of ACC bugs visible in these but it shows some action of most cars, never seems to like to focus much on the battles up front even though I thought there would have been some nice highlights there. :rolleyes:

Can also see the netcode is clearly not as smooth as it is on our Aussie servers, however we really arent getting enough locals to keep it on the Aussie servers for now but also not getting too many others jump in and those that do arent really finishing the races too often. We will run some aussie server races on Mondays again but try and see if we can get a few more in to the singapore server on Wednesdays. Probably a daytime weekend race would have the most success in the Singapore server as we would be in better times for Europe and US then.

Race 2 I like the synchronised spinning that @andyo450 and @Captain Barracuda are doing here. :D

Was just lucky to get away at the start and hold the Merc's off just long enough as they had me for pace by a bit all night.
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

Gotta say, if you can ignore all of the glitches - damn fine looking game, especially at night!
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The next Wednesday round and following Monday will be at Barcelona.

I will put up a poll to see peoples opinion on using Singapore or Aussie servers, next week either Monday or Wednesday can be ran on an Aussie server again to compare the quality of connection.

We have not been getting as many visitors racing the last few rounds and if its mostly locals in the server then it kind of defeats tbe purpose of reducing all our connections when others dont tend to finish any of the races anyway.

Once we can get results tracking and some basic stats, maybe even have points for fun runs and not just for a full league season it may keep more people motivated as it seems this is a key to many peoples motivations. The general admin Advantage with the Singapore server is I have rarely had to kick anyone for ping since using these. When using the Aussie server and many were joining with 300+ pings and getting kicked yet surprisingly less of these join the Singapore server.

Hopefully Minolin can allow us to set actual ping limits at some point and then for Aussie server races we can keep connections lower like 150 max and for Singapore nights have these at 250.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    SteveDrivingSlowly, nanlatt and Rolz like this.