ACC ACC Singapore Wednesday night race

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Sep 1, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the race results, was on the Aussie server tonight as we all had high pings on the Singapore ones for some reason.

Here are the race auto Highlight videos.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Great racing as always gents - impressed with the pace and skillfull clean driving throughout the field.

first race was not great for me - made two dumb mistakes and span twice, and my pace was so far away from everyone else - I was just fighting the car the whole time, struggling to get it to stick especially on the slow corners. Finished up very frustrated.

Second race I pulled my :):):):) together and got my head down, concentrating hard. Managed to improve a lot and set PB after PB - still a lot slower than most of you guys but way closer than R1 and my previous PB. Very happy with that progress!

Thanks for the races gents!
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks guys for a great night of racing.. Once again I really enjoyed racing with you all. Joining the scheduled RaceOnOz servers has taken ACC to another level for me.. :cool:
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

That second qualli time of yours was :eek:

R1: Adapted a setup from a previous track. Over the course of first race it felt like the front was way too stiff, @andyo450, @marty, @Coanda running away with it at the front. Slipped into 3rd and stayed there for the rest of the race when @Coanda had his spin.

R2: Softening the front and adjusting camber let the car roll much better, dropped over a second off my time best time in R1. Still a bit too low and twitchy, but was stable enough to defend against @andyo450 who was piling on the pressure. I'm sure he would have been off in the distance if he got past. Neck has sore from looking in the mirror the whole time :cautious:
    Coanda, c4rLo5, krunch and 3 others like this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race 1 I was surprised to sneak the Lexus onto pole, I have never really driven it before only did some laps at Barcelona and moved the setup from there. Its not great anywhere and a bit down on top speed but pretty good overall and can set a reasonable time. Likely one of the top bunch of cars at most tracks, most annoying thing in it is the seat seems rather close to the left pillar and its hard to see left apexes. Nit a huge issue at Nurburgring but when I tried it at Barecelona the final chicane was pretty much blind.

Off the line I got swamped and stuck inside 3 wide into t1, no contact but lost both spots. Then tried to chase down Coanda. Had a run on him into the chicane testing to see if he would be too nice but he was tough and fair hanging me out to dry. There was no contact but we both lost some time to Andy there, I eventually got him around the outside of t1 finishing the move into t3 as I just had some overlap into 2.

Then I chased down Andy who was doing well in the Beamer but its clearly a car a little off pace in the current build to the top few cars. I managed to get a pass on him as he defended inside to the chicane but out braked himself a little. I did capture this full race so here is the full race.

Race 2 I switched back to the Porsche, I had ran it heaps in the past but not much since the tyre model update. Never quite got comfortable in it and just got in a qualy time but left heaps out there.

In the race I tried to capture it but my FPS went to crap, turned off capture but was still not great all race. Car balance wasnt great either so I just dragged it home fairly lucky to get 3rd as I didnt have the pace to match the lead 2 and lost a bit of time early passing a couple cars. Had a good battle with Matt Frost along the way for most of the race and had clean racing all night again so well done to all for lots of side by side and passes in some sketchy spots. :D
    c4rLo5 and krunch like this.
  6. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That driver at 3:50 in the second clip :alien:
    SteveDrivingSlowly, c4rLo5 and krunch like this.
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Great fun again last night. Both races were filled with some amazing battles with @SteveDrivingSlowly, @Godzilla, @Cooper, @c4rLo5, @jlynn777, and maybe more :). It was action packed the whole way through. Also I'd dumped the Audi for an old favourite - the Merc.

R1 didn't start too well as I got taken out at the turn 2 apex. The hit spun me into the path of the cars behind and I copped a rear clip to add to the front damage. These things happen (godzilla spun in sync a few cars ahead of me also) but its probably a good time to remind everyone to be extra aware of other cars in the first few corners of a race. The field is compressed and cars can literally be scrubbing your door handles. Added to that are the uncertainties of netcode, FPS spikes, lag, etc so we really do have to make extra allowances over what we can see. It's also a common courtesy here at rooz to redress if you feel you may have contributed to someone going off.

After that I had quite a gap ahead of me to the field plus a fast driver behind. I was fired up and got my elbows out big time, as a similarly recovering godzilla found out :sneaky:. Both he and Cooper must have enjoyed the fight because even after finally passing me they both kept coming back to have another go :D. I threw away 6th on the last lap trying to get a PB so finished 7th.

Even with the minor damage I was very happy with the balance of the Merc after I'd made some setup tweaks. In fact after Q2 I decided to drop a bit of aero off to try to find a few extra tenths. It felt just as balanced and I was quicker, but so was the track and everyone else too. But with more of those brilliant battles throughout it was another awesome race. Finished 6th.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Mate that :):):):) was DISCO AF. All my spins were boring daylight spins that have no artistic or aesthetic value - yours are boss.
    tezpez85 and krunch like this.
  9. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Thanks but it's all down to practice. I used to have no style when I spun but thanks to putting the time in and working hard, now my spins are steezed out.
    Coanda, tezpez85, krunch and 2 others like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

ha ha yeah that was fun.. I went wide and deep into T11 and you got the run.. No way I was letting you through on the outside.. Good hard, clean racing.. :D
    marty likes this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Shumi-S ate me up and spat me out twice last night.. :thumbsdown:

Lucky it did because I was sitting in the pits when the earthquake happened.. For a moment I thought I had a motion rig.. :eek::confused:
  12. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Some of you guys have different online handle names compared to your ACC race names.. Please let me know who's who sometime.. :)
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Rolz - Roland Schmid but that is sorta obvious I'd hope :p
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Nice to meet you Roland haha.. :D I'll admit a month or two back you said gday on a server and I didn't jerry it was you until later on.. :roflmao:
    Rolz likes this.
  15. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Welcome to raceonoz Coanda :)
    Krunch = Neil Faichney
    Coanda likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The next week its expected we will be getting v1.1 most likely wednesday or Thursday.

Current plan will be Monza sprints wednesday on an open server, unless 1.1 drops before qualy on Wednesday night which will be 8:30 melbourne time so AEDT.

If we get 1.1 then it will be Zandvoort and testing some server rules and maybe a driver swap test for Monday night if a test on Sunday will have nore success.

I will be away Friday and Saturday so if anything drops then it will be up to pne of the other server admins to be able to update servers etc. Hope this is done by Thursday but as always there are limely hotfixes that come soon after any update.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

:sleep::sleep::sleep: monza :sleep::sleep::sleep: monza :sleep::sleep::sleep: fat t!tties :sleep::sleep::sleep: monza :sleep::sleep::sleep: i suck at monza :sleep::sleep::sleep: monza :sleep::sleep::sleep: mmm tight a$$es :sleep::sleep::sleep: monza :sleep::sleep::sleep: 1.1 :sleep::sleep::sleep: monza :sleep::sleep::sleep: 1.1 :sleep::sleep::sleep: monza :sleep::sleep::sleep:

... damn i'm up.. time to get testing! :sneaky::ninja:
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will set practice server up at 7.30 AEDT with qualy at 8:30 for 2x 30 minute races at Monza. If before 8:30 we somehow get 1.1 then this will change to 10m qualy 10m sprints at Zandvoort 2019 and people can run as many races as they like trying a few cars.

I would much rather have the Zandvoort races and as many updates have recently hit just before our Wednesday races this is again possible. :p
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hope we get it tonight
    [​IMG]
    marty likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race server is up for tonight, I cant join atm as NBN is :poop::poop::poop::poop:ed atm and keeps dropping out on me. If I can get in I will skip to qualy at 8.30 or another server admin can as the server wont start practice until someone actually joins.