ACC ACC v1.1 preseason rules and driver swap tests Monday/Wednesday

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Oct 24, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Current Teams entered in Raceononz teams test server.
    1. @marty & @Rolz
    2. @Captain Barracuda & @Godzilla
    3. @krunch & @Cooper
    4. @Coanda & @SteveDrivingSlowly
    5. @Mat Nipperess & @Chris Nipperess

With v1.1 having arrived we can give the race rules and driver swaps another test. Appears these still only work on a passworded private server.

Plans for the next couple of Mondays and Wednesdays will be to test stability and usage of these features to then hopefully start an official season within a few weeks on a Monday. Also it will give us a possibility to run special event longer enduro races if the driver swaps are fully functional and stable.

I will only be on for a bit later this afternoon, and I will setup a server with rules and teamsthat people can then test and report here once they have some time.

If there are any guys that will have some time between now and Sunday night to test driver swaps let me know in this thread and I will add you to the driver swap server as a team. If people can try post teams to test before 6pm AEDT I can set up a couple test servers with pairs.

Any of the other server admins can do more tests and change anything in the servers as I wont be around to test much until Sunday afternoon if any are around.

If swaps are at a league useable level during tests then for the coming Monday we will run 2x30 minute sprint races at Zandvoort 2019 with a pit window and optional driver swap. The following Monday will be a 90minute race with max stint time and also optional swap for guys wanting to test this again.

Wednesday we will also try some race rules tests and as with the planned league season this will be able to be run solo or with a team mate if someone wants a bit less track time.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I'll be online Sat evening to do some testing :thumbsup:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I will probably be on Friday & Sunday evening.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I'll be on as much as I can over the weekend (need to try this update out!) - will make sure I'm in discord/checking rooz server
    Godzilla, Rolz and nanlatt like this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I can maybe help if you guys tell me what to do..
    Rolz likes this.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I can’t guarantee I’ll be around until Sunday morning earliest, then again Sunday evening
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Had a run on Zandvoort last night - have never driven this track so had no clue - after about 20 minutes I started to get the hang of it. Quite a technical track but very nice to drive, and I tried the new 720 - what a beast!
  8. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Hey @Rolz are you able to add me (Neil Faichney) and Cooper (Matt Frost) as teammates on the driver swap test server when you have a chance? :)
  9. Rolz

Will try to sort later on tonight :thumbsup:
    krunch likes this.
  10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I can do some driver swap testing on Sat/Sun so put me down. Just give me a yell when you're going to start.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will do some driver swap and pit window testing this afternoon any time after 3pm AEDT is ok for me and I will setup a server or add to any that @Rolz has made. Best to get onto discord at that time anyone that can join in.

For Monday we will run 2x 30 minute pit window races and a possible driver swap for anyone that wants to team up on that race night for more testing unless we find out tonight the feature is still bromen which is hopefully not the case.

I will take a look to see if we did get a server up, as there werent any names listed before I went away I couldnt make up a server but will make sure one is up soon and add you guys in as first team and anyone else that may want to test it today. All will also be added to the server as admins so you can skip sessions etc.
  12. Rolz

Family stuff prevented me getting a server up last night :(
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

No dramas mate, I will get a couple test servers up in the next hour or so. 1 will be no teams and pit window races the other will be setup in teams with pit window races both will have the password "rooztest". For the team test server I will add in anyone that wants to run as a team into this so they can try it any time.

The plan for the next 2 weeks will be.
    Monday 28th October: 2x 30 minute pit window sprint races at Zandvoort
    Wednesday 30th October: 2x 30 minute pit window sprints at Hungaroring
    Monday 4th November: 90 minute enduro race at Hungaroring with max stint 65 minutes
    Wednesday 6th November: 60 minute sprint race at Misano.

All these races will be possible to enter solo or as a team (assuming this works)

Then if all goes well there we can start the first Monday ACC season
    11th of November with a mix of Sprint and endure rounds to match the season format of the 2019 season.

Anyone that wants to be entered in the practice server as a test team let me know, I will also add you into the Monday/Wednesdays tests as a team but if you want to run these races solo then I just need to know by 6pm on the race night. Changes may be possible a bit after that on the night but not guaranteed so the sooner I know the better the chance general rule will be no changes to race night servers after 7pm unless I broke them before hand.

The first post I will add all names entered in the current ROOZ teams test server. If people want to change teams just post here and I will make a reply once this has been edited and updated in the server.
    Coanda likes this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

There are now 2 password Practice servers up both Aussie servers and both currently running Zandvoort with 30min practice 2x 5 minute qualy and 2x 20 minute races with 7 minute pit window, no refuelling in race but compulsory tyre change.

One is TEAMS TEST and the other NO TEAMS which should indicate which is which. ;) The teams have no custom skins atm and are setup with teams from the first post. Pitstops should work in practice and all drivers entered in teams are entered as server admins so can use all admin commands to skip sessions etc.

Anyone that has any issues in these servers make a post here or if you want to add or change a driver team and I will do this when I can.
    Coanda likes this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

As I am new to all this I think it is best for me to run solo for now. I can take messing up for myself however to screw one of you boys up wouldn't sit well with me..
  16. nanlatt

I think this is new to all of us so I wouldn't worry about that too much. But if you want to run solo I'd be happy to team up with @SteveDrivingSlowly.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I can take you out of a team but we more want people to test the features and see if there are issues or anything they can find. The more for this the better so we can see how solid the feature is and if its worth adding team options to the season. Better to find out now then once the season starts and issues cause people troubles in season races we could have found earlier.

In the official season it will be entirely optional to run solo or as a team and I would rather run solo for that unless a very long race or we happened to have 60+ people sign up for and confirm to a coming season which is not going to happen but id love to be proven wrong.

The teams test server is mostly there just to test this and anyone wanting to run solo the next 2 weeks funs can still do so.
  18. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

No worries mate. :) I didn't even know I was paired up..
    How do the teams work? Who chooses the car and the setup..?
  19. nanlatt

I think first person in chooses car/setup???
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This we wont know until anyone tests, original build was whoever joined the server first would be in the car and the only way to change driver was to pit and call for a driver swap. The first in also choses the car so in a more serious race it would be ideal for team mates to decide this but for basic feature testing the racing isnt as important as seeing if its still broken or not.

The server is set to have pit stops in practice so should be able to change in any session and setup is picked by whoever starts the session. Last test we did in previouse build we found it so broken it wasnt worth running even in a fun run with the game crashing quite often for all.
    nanlatt and Coanda like this.