ACC ACC v1.1 preseason rules and driver swap tests Monday/Wednesday

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I see, thanks for explaining that. What about a mic and discord? i presume so. I have an issue with my mic. Have to buy a new extension audio cable..
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Easiest to communicate with discord, if you dont have a mic you may want to at least have it on hear others especially in team server practice nust let others in chat know you can hear but not talk. You can reply in chat via type but still easier for others to just talk.
    Coanda likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

I'll just ditch my current extension cable for now and move my pc closer. Ill have it sorted... if i have understood correctly you will do driver swaps in the 30 min races?
  4. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Sorry for all the silly questions.. New to organized racing
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Don’t worry mate I’m new to all this too, have only been racing for maybe 6 months! I will happily team up with anyone - with my apologies in advance for being slow and possible destroying the team car!
  6. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Lets do it mate.. Can practice with you later tonight (im on perth time) or just T up tomorrow evening. Do you mind running the Audi? Got a setup doing 35.8 with comfortable low to mid 36's..
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

sounds great, will try and get on later. I’ve been driving the audi a bit this weekend but nowhere near as fast as you!
    Coanda likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Excellent got a few family things to sort. Might see you later :thumbsup:
  9. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

According to DCJ at official ACC forum.

But we still have some problems:

- Pit Limiter shows active on car dashboard but in reality is disabled once 2nd driver takes over the car;
    - Changing tire compound from dry to wet or vice versa does not work;
    - Second driver cannot change tire pressure if different from current compound present on car.
    - RDP on car windshield does not change driver's name after driver change;
    - HUD broadcast (bottom right) does not update driver name after swap;
    - HUD for mandatory pit stop number does not update correctly after second change;
    - Stint driver race rule does not work. Timer always show zero and Driver is disqualified shortly after race starts ("driverStintTimeSec": 350,)
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With @Godzilla I tested the driver swaps and had no stability issues but confirmed the no compound change from dry to wets making it clearly not league ready.

A few of us tested the pit window ajd it now gives a dq if not served but only after the race when the person crosses the line they get an auto dq.

Will try stint limit later and see what that does. Current implementation means we wont be having the optional swap in a season.

The weather is also pretty poor atm with most conservative settings of dynamic 1 of 10 rain 0.1 woth max 1.0 and cloud also 0.1 with max 1.0. Nearpy every session is heavy rain to storm and thats the most conservative it can be.

I have changed servers to 0.0 rain and this likely fully disables rain. Now a few of us will use one of our global servers but the rules test servers are open for anyone that wants to test.

Tomorrow I will set rain to 0.0 and have 2x30 sprint races. If anyone actually wants to team upnand test a driver swap I can add them as a team but I wont use the current list in the practice server.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Coanda like this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In the Team test server I have changed this to a 30 minute race with a max driver stint time of 25 minutes (1500 seconds in the file)

Anyone joined as a team can test this server, or be added into the server. Even if your solo you can enter the server only if one of the guys entered as a team they wont join in a new car if they have their team mate already in the server.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

Not quite ready yet by the looks of it!
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just a reminder that tonight will be 2x 30 minute sprint races with a 7 minute pit window at Zandvoort to give this sprint rules format a good stress test. Anyone that is keen to do a test of driver swaps can do so but will need to post here before 6.30 pm AEDT so I can create an entry list with the team.

The teams in the current test server wont be added automatically as our first tests showed the feature still isnt league ready due to no compound changes in pit stops. Anyone that still wants to test for themselves can either do it on the scheduled race or the test server I will keep up an running.
    SteveDrivingSlowly, Coanda and krunch like this.
  14. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Does ACC have a timer displayed for the pit window or just says "pit open" and you have to be mindful of the set limit & clock?

Another question for longer stints. How does one know when the pit window is open prior to race start? This helps to determine starting fuel levels.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  15. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I've pushed irl stuff around so I should be able to jump online around 8pm AEDT so I can make qual with some reasonable practice under my belt :D
    Coanda likes this.
  16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yes, there's a timer at the top of the screen.

There's also no refuelling, just a tyre change.
    marty and Coanda like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks Wally :thumbsup:
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Currently the info isnt available in game and can only go by the admin informing all how long the window is set. Its always mid race and open for whatever amount of seconds is set in server files.

Supposedly its ok not having the info in a private server or SP race but too bad for a public server race nobody really cares about the result in. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the coming sessions info in the UI will be upgrade to give all info needed for anyone. They have started the UI upgrade not sure why it couldnt have just been done to a final standard in this pass. Maybe they need to leave some work to be done to ensure future employment is required. :roflmao:
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Coanda like this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

Thanks Marty. Im just going to say it.. Personally I think whoever is in charge of coding the UI is doing a fairly average job. They seem to lack the vision and that special OCD touch that makes a really good UI.. It's sloppy in areas and lacks some key functionality. I hope they pull their finger out and give it the polish and love it deserves..
    SteveDrivingSlowly and nanlatt like this.
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

As far as I can tell, the UI development of many sims is similarly poor - which I think is a symptom of under resourced teams or perhaps the way that the teams are setting their priorities. I have no idea how they divide the work and even if the same people that work on crashes, bugs, physics or new cars/tracks are the same people that work on the UI - but it certainly seems like there is less focus on this area. I think in ACC situation you probably have a business need coming into play as I imagine there was a big hit of $$$ at the start and then a rapid decline - so possibly all hands-on-deck to get the next big content update out ($$$ opportunity) was the decision.

Not sure which way I would do it TBH - the UI and server functions will really be appreciated by the committed users and this will generate some positive noise out there. But you already have those guys $$$ and if you need more $$$ to keep the lights on, you have to go after that...